Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz was good in 2018 and 2019.  Last year he was terrible.  

And he was phenomenal in 2017.  Tells me that 2020 was the exception and not the rule.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz was good in 2018 and 2019.  Last year he was terrible.  

He was inconsistent with spotty accuracy in 2018 and 2019. He had one great year and has been up and down outside of that. 

35 minutes ago, nipples said:

He was inconsistent with spotty accuracy in 2018 and 2019. He had one great year and has been up and down outside of that. 

Wentz had a higher completion percentage is 2018 and 2019 when compared to 2017. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve saw a few mock drafts linking them to Fields. I don’t know if he would be there or how much they really like him. 

I'm thinking Trey Lance is a better prospect than Fields.

The whole Wentz thing bores the crap outta me. How he got to SUCK level- I am not sure, but he hurt his career in doing so, whether it be Doug's coaching, this, that, or the other thing. What I mean is... this is on WENTZ, period. You play to excel and there are NO excuses to drop off this badly... unless it was the after effects of the concussion, in which case he may be finished as a player. That would be sad, but I actually think that's what it is. He thinks and reacts 3-6 seconds slower on the field than everyone else. If he KNOWS this, it's still on him to be honest about it. Whatever the deal is, Carson Wentz is responsible for his own performance. This is coming from someone who is/ maybe was... a fan of his, depending on how he handles this. If he handles it in an arrogant manner, call me an ex- fan.

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

The whole Wentz thing bores the crap outta me. How he got to SUCK level- I am not sure, but he hurt his career in doing so, whether it be Doug's coaching, this, that, or the other thing. What I mean is... this is on WENTZ, period. You play to excel and there are NO excuses to drop off this badly... unless it was the after effects of the concussion, in which case he may be finished as a player. That would be sad, but I actually think that's what it is. He thinks and reacts 3-6 seconds slower on the field than everyone else. If he KNOWS this, it's still on him to be honest about it. Whatever the deal is, Carson Wentz is responsible for his own performance. This is coming from someone who is/ maybe was... a fan of his, depending on how he handles this. If he handles it in an arrogant manner, call me an ex- fan.

That is by far the most honest assessment I have seen so far on this whole thing....

There are washers on this board that think Wentz > Stafford 

It’s like an illness or something 

4 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

There are washers on this board that think Wentz > Stafford 

It’s like an illness or something 

I mean you act like that is some outlandish statement.  Again it is all what QB you think Wentz is right?  2017 Wentz probably not  2018/2019 probably  2020 probably not.  Acting like Stafford is some GODs gift to football is crazy. 

2017 and 2018  Wentz had a higher QBR and Rating than Stafford

2019 and 2020  Stafford had a higher QBR and Rating than Wentz. 

Career rating Wentz is 89.2  Stafford is 89.9  

Stafford is 33 and doesn't have a long injury history 

Wentz is 29 and has had multiple season where he didn't play all 16 games 

If I am paying someone to be my QB the next 5 years I would probably  take Stafford because he will be there at the end more times than not but it isn't some crazy take to say you think Wentz would be better long term.   And I didn't say Wentz was better than Stafford in this post I said their numbers and carrer numbers are smiliar interms of rating so someone going with one or another isn't crazy. 

It is only crazy if you think 2020 Wentz is what Wentz is going to be going forward and forever. 

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

What I mean is... this is on WENTZ, period. You play to excel and there are NO excuses to drop off this badly... unless it was the after effects of the concussion, in which case he may be finished as a player. 

While I agree that Wentz' decision making time (concussion?) has been slow, there were many other factors involved in his sucky play, it wasn't all on him.

Wentz blew it  by failing to take on the challenge to improve, he should speak with Terry Bradshaw, the #1 overall pick in 1970, and hear about his experience with Terry Hanratty. Had Bradshaw reacted they way Wentz did I'm sure he wouldn't be a 4-time SB winner.

Not only does Wentz need to take on an improvement challenge, those involved in the many other factors need to take on the challenge to improve.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Every QB will have moments of inconsistency and spotty accuracy.  He was good in 2018 and 2019.  He was complete dogshit in 2020.  Trying to lump 2018 and 2019 in together with 2020 is just flat out insincere and false.

I'm all for moving on from Wentz because I think how bad he was last year is going to be too much of a drop-off to comeback especially for a player who refuses to be coached and listen to criticism.  But this narrative some of you are trying to push that he wasn't good in 2018 and 2019 is flat out false that reaks of the Cult of Foles just trying to smear. 

He isn’t better than Stafford, nobody outside of the OLD homers on these boards think he is. 

51 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

When I saw him last year staring at the line rather than staring downfield I believed he was cooked at that moment. Teams are going pressure him and once he starts getting hit then he’s going to make bad mistakes with the football.  It’s all cumulative in my opinion. The injuries, the bad mechanics, the questionable decision making, holding the ball too long, the turnovers, and the apparent coddling by the organization has all added up. Carson’s backups have historically had more success with the team than him. This guy has proven time and time again he’s replaceable. Carson’s last three seasons he’s won 5 games, 9 games, and 3 games. The Eagles don’t really need him out there to suck. If he’s as good as everyone tries to claim he is then the team shouldn’t be so mediocre when he’s out there. The Eagles average 7 wins a season with Carson under center yet people are acting like this guy is revolutionizing the game. 🤦🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, phil77 said:

I mean you act like that is some outlandish statement.  Again it is all what QB you think Wentz is right?  2017 Wentz probably not  2018/2019 probably  2020 probably not.  Acting like Stafford is some GODs gift to football is crazy. 

2017 and 2018  Wentz had a higher QBR and Rating than Stafford

2019 and 2020  Stafford had a higher QBR and Rating than Wentz. 

Career rating Wentz is 89.2  Stafford is 89.9  

Stafford is 33 and doesn't have a long injury history 

Wentz is 29 and has had multiple season where he didn't play all 16 games 

If I am paying someone to be my QB the next 5 years I would probably  take Stafford because he will be there at the end more times than not but it isn't some crazy take to say you think Wentz would be better long term.   And I didn't say Wentz was better than Stafford in this post I said their numbers and carrer numbers are smiliar interms of rating so someone going with one or another isn't crazy. 

It is only crazy if you think 2020 Wentz is what Wentz is going to be going forward and forever. 

Wentz has 2 seasons where he didn't play all 16 games because of injury. Stafford has 3 and has missed more games in his first 2 seasons then Wentz has missed in 5 seasons because of injury. 

People keep comparing Wentz to other QBs then talk about the injury stuff and the QB he is compared too actually has missed more time. 

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wentz has 2 seasons where he didn't play all 16 games because of injury. Stafford has 3 and has missed more games in his first 2 seasons then Wentz has missed in 5 seasons because of injury. 

People keep comparing Wentz to other QBs then talk about the injury stuff and the QB he is compared too actually has missed more time. 

The tweet that just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving

We see Goff get traded, now there's talks of Cousins, some whispers of Rodgers, and obviously Watson. If the Eagles truly think they can fix Wentz, fine. But honestly, I just don't see it. I have been a huge Wentz supporter, but he lost my faith week 3 or 4. I'm honestly torn if I want him here or traded. I don't know what we have in Hurts, but I do know what we have in Wentz. His contract is the biggest kick in the nuts.

28 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Could eagles get a Wentz/Watson trade like Stafford/Goff?

Absolutely not. 

5 hours ago, phil77 said:

Wentz had a higher completion percentage is 2018 and 2019 when compared to 2017. 

Higher completion percentage doesn't necessarily mean more accurate. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Absolutely not. 

Is that cause you dislike Watson a lot or is it cause the Eagles overall cost would be massive? Financially I don’t think it can happen due to dead cap reasons. I don’t see the Eagles taking on that salary when they already have so much dead money counted. 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is that cause you dislike Watson a lot or is it cause the Eagles overall cost would be massive? Financially I don’t think it can happen due to dead cap reasons. I don’t see the Eagles taking on that salary when they already have so much dead money counted. 

Because there is no way the eagles have enough assets to aquire Watson #1. #2 Watson has a no trade clause and I don't see him lifting it to come here. Also if the stafford experiment fails the Rams are on the hook for only 2 years. If the Texans trading for Wentz fails they are on the hook for 5 years with a bigger contract. 

I like Watson and he is a better QB but he is pulling the same sheet carson is. Demanding a trade because he doesn't like the coach. There is some other stuff but, that is the main reason 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because there is no way the eagles have enough assets to aquire Watson #1. #2 Watson has a no trade clause and I don't see him lifting it to come here. Also if the stafford experiment fails the Rams are on the hook for only 2 years. If the Texans trading for Wentz fails they are on the hook for 5 years with a bigger contract. 

I like Watson and he is a better QB but he is pulling the same sheet carson is. Demanding a trade because he doesn't like the coach. There is some other stuff but, that is the main reason 

I don’t think it is logistically feasible, but the word is Watson wants to go to the Jets (which frankly seems crazy) so I don’t know why he wouldn’t consider the Eagles. At least Philly has a decent offensive line when they’re healthy. I agree though. I don’t think it would be good to replace one headache with another despite how talented that guy is. If the Eagles trade Carson I would prefer it were for additional draftpicks rather than another team’s problems. The Eagles have a lot of holes to fix. They need to get more picks and not give them away. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think it is logistically feasible, but the word is Watson wants to go to the Jets (which frankly seems crazy) so I don’t know why he wouldn’t consider the Eagles. At least Philly has a decent offensive line when they’re healthy. I agree though. I don’t think it would be good to replace one headache with another despite how talented that guy is. If the Eagles trade Carson I would prefer it were for additional draftpicks rather than another team’s problems. The Eagles have a lot of holes to fix. They need to get more picks and not give them away. 

What blows my mind is Watson signs his contract with that moron O'brien there but, throws a hissy fit over a coach he never even met. 

He could be interested in the Jets for all the endorsements he would get playing for such a big market. That's the only logical reason I could come up with lol. 

3 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Could eagles get a Wentz/Watson trade like Stafford/Goff?

I'm thinking Wentz for picks is the way to go, Wentz for a #1 is probably the best they can do and Wentz for a #3 would be the worst, then you have options between those 2 extremes.

If Wentz stands firm on not wanting to be in Philadelphia, call the Colts ASAP.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

What blows my mind is Watson signs his contract with that moron O'brien there but, throws a hissy fit over a coach he never even met. 

He could be interested in the Jets for all the endorsements he would get playing for such a big market. That's the only logical reason I could come up with lol. 

I’m not fully sure what happened with the Texans that made him sour on them. There could be an issue with ownership as whole. Could be promises they failed to keep. Allegedly Carson still has issues with the Eagles even though they did what he wanted and dumped Doug. You never know what makes these guys and their egos tick. Heck he could get those types of endorsements playing for the other NY team that has more talent and is desperate for a quarterback too. On a side note Matt Stafford was basically good with being traded to any team but the Patriots!?! I just don’t get how some of these guys think. 😂

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Eagles trade Carson I would prefer it were for additional draftpicks rather than another team’s problems. The Eagles have a lot of holes to fix. They need to get more picks and not give them away. 

Right!!

However there is a problem with those draft picks, his name is Howie.

Archived