Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Once again how is it a steady downward trajectory when he was 9th in the league in yards with crap to throw to

I won't deny that he's accumulated stats, but they don't tell the whole story, especially with how wide-open the passing game is now. A lot of those passing stats have been collected during garbage time while playing catchup against bad teams that they should've never been losing to anyway. I'm just going by what I've seen with my eyes, and what I see is a guy constantly playing with reckless abandon, which gets the team dug into deep holes. He has not refined his game. He is not taking a more cerebral approach. If anything, he's more unaware than ever. In the past, he's somehow managed to pull the back from the brink, but he's been playing with fire all along: the bad INTs, the stalled drives, the happy feet, bad mechanics, bad body language, etc. It's been on full display for awhile now, it just didn't truly bite him until this year.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We aren't arguing with Downundermike though bud. 

I didn’t accuse him of it. I accused apologists of it. My point is some of them clearly believe this stuff and the bottom line is they’re irrational on these issues. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bruh they had a actually talked about how Carson would’ve won that SB if he didn’t get hurt. They also say they guarantee Carson would’ve won the MVP if he didn’t get hurt. I’m not going through all the articles to prove a point you don’t want to believe. I’ve provided information just today alone you don’t want to believe. Go find it yourself. 

You're talking about articles and not people on here? Wtf?

With the way Wentz was playing I don't see how a logical person would say he wouldn't have won MVP. He was playing lights out before the injury. Sure it's possible he wouldn't but there's a greater chance they would have still won

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ertz, Goedert, Sanders aren't garbage though. Sure he didn't have elite WRs but let's have some balance here. 

I'm sorry I wasn't specific. He had 2 TEs and 1 RB that got the majority of yards with NO WR GETTING OVER 500 YDS

I truly don't understand how you people ignore that

Just now, Mike030270 said:

With the way Wentz was playing I don't see how a logical person would say he wouldn't have won MVP. He was playing lights out before the injury. Sure it's possible he wouldn't but there's a greater chance they would have still won

I'm sorry I wasn't specific. He had 2 TEs and 1 RB that got the majority of yards with NO WR GETTING OVER 500 YDS

I don't ignore that though. I'm not ignoring that he had good stretches last year. He also stunk at times too or are you going to ignore that?

Lol I did this to myself and engaged. You guys are clearly not changing your mind. You have some hate towards him for some illogical reason

I bow out

Good night

2 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I won't deny that he's accumulated stats, but they don't tell the whole story, especially with how wide-open the passing game is now. A lot of those passing stats have been collected during garbage time while playing catchup against bad teams that they should've never been ilosing to anyway. I'm just going by what I've seen with my eyes, and this guys is constantly playing with reckless abandon, which gets the team dug into a deep hole. In the past, he's somehow managed to pull the back from the brink, but he's been playing with fire all along: the bad INTs, the stalled drives, the happy feet, bad mechanics, bad body language, etc. It's been on full display for awhile now, it just didn't truly bite him until this year.

He basically did that one year and that was 19. The year prior he was 5-6 and the Eagles looked lost until Foles got in there, took them to the playoffs and won in Chicago. The year Wentz did it every team he won against fired their coach in that late playoff push. 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did he win the MVP yes or no?

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Did he win the MVP yes or no?

Lol I know I said I was done but I just had to respond to this

Wentz was the clear MVP before the injury. He even received votes after the injury. He did not win obviously because of the injury. There have been times when a player still gets it if they miss games but it didn't happen.

You're really showing your bias if you think he wouldn't have been league MVP though

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carson-wentz-got-a-couple-mvp-votes-despite-tearing-his-acl-playing-in-13-games/

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/23515/eagles-carson-wentz-has-a-case-for-league-mvp

https://nesn.com/2017/12/why-max-kellerman-has-carson-wentz-not-tom-brady-as-clear-nfl-mvp/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/case-for-and-against-carson-wentz-still-winning-mvp

Ok guys let's bring this back. 

There's very little doubt Wentz was going to win MVP in 2017. He didn't win it but he was going to if he hadn't gotten injured so I think that debate is pointless. 

The fact is he didn't win it, the reality is he would have and actually probably should have. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wentz was the clear MVP before the injury. He even received votes after the injury. He did not win obviously because of the injury. There have been times when a player still gets it if they miss games but it didn't happen.

You're really showing your bias if you think he wouldn't have been league MVP though

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carson-wentz-got-a-couple-mvp-votes-despite-tearing-his-acl-playing-in-13-games/

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/23515/eagles-carson-wentz-has-a-case-for-league-mvp

https://nesn.com/2017/12/why-max-kellerman-has-carson-wentz-not-tom-brady-as-clear-nfl-mvp/

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/case-for-and-against-carson-wentz-still-winning-mvp

So did he win it?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

So did he win it?

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok guys let's bring this back. 

There's very little doubt Wentz was going to win MVP in 2017. He didn't win it but he was going to if he hadn't gotten injured so I think that debate is pointless. 

The fact is he didn't win it, the reality is he would have and actually probably should have. 

Possibly. Probable, but he didn’t. That’s the bottom line, because all the games mattered. If he stunk it up in those final games would he have won the MVP? I doubt it. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

So you can’t even say no. I rest my case. 

Seriously? He did not win the MVP

I have no problem with stating it. You have some serious issues

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I have the issues and it took you like five messages to simply write no. 😂🤣😂 One day in the future there will be a trivia question Who won an MVP for the Eagles after the 2017 and all the Wentzamanicas will Scream "Wentz Wentz Wentz!” The response will be "sorry it was Nick Foles.” 😂🤣😂

I had already said it...

You're the one that can't admit that he would have won it 🤷‍♂️

I see you're trolling

Enjoy your internet win. Don't bother replying

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I had already said it...

You're the one that can't admit that he would have won it 🤷‍♂️

I see you're trolling

Enjoy your internet win. Don't bother replying

I can’t admit that something happened that didn’t actually happen. 🤦🏾‍♂️
I can admit Carson was the front runner to win the award before his injury. I can also admit that after the Seattle game some of the Carson for MVP luster actually wore off nationally. I can also say the Giants and Raiders games were high wind games. The Dallas game was a snow  game. We have no idea how Wentz would have played in these games any more than we can ASSume Carson would have won in the playoffs. 

:roll:

At this point in the back and forth, I don’t see why Carson wouldn’t be confident of dominating that scrappy QB drafted in the late 2nd round. I mean, Carson should believe that 2020 was an aberration and should trust that he was a very good QB in 2018 and 2019 and that he should quickly dispose of Hurts in a QB competition. He is clearly the more physically talented QB and the coach that benched him is gone. This should be an easy QB competition and he should basically see himself as the de facto starter, right?

So why does it seem the guy is concerned about a QB competition that he should no doubt win?

2 hours ago, Thrive said:

So why does it seem the guy is concerned about a QB competition that he should no doubt win?

Because it offends his sense of entitlement.

Stafford and Goff are gone, can Wentz now get the hell out of here... Don't let the door hit you on your AS**  on the way out Wentz..

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How in the world does the Rams still have first round picks to pickup players? 

Talk about consistently going for broke lol. This will make so that the Rams have not or will not have a 1st round pick in 7 yrs lol. 

9 hours ago, Thrive said:

:roll:

At this point in the back and forth, I don’t see why Carson wouldn’t be confident of dominating that scrappy QB drafted in the late 2nd round. I mean, Carson should believe that 2020 was an aberration and should trust that he was a very good QB in 2018 and 2019 and that he should quickly dispose of Hurts in a QB competition. He is clearly the more physically talented QB and the coach that benched him is gone. This should be an easy QB competition and he should basically see himself as the de facto starter, right?

That's a massive reach that the competition is a concern.  It's likely way deeper than that between this City and FO and Carson. 

Ultimately, the reason doesn't matter.  He's going to be moved in the near future.

That Goff trade is nuts. Rams are really going for broke.

Anyway if we keep Wentz and if somehow regains his MVP form, then I think we got a lot more out of Wentz than the Rams did out of Goff who got drafted ahead of Wentz.

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

That Goff trade is nuts. Rams are really going for broke.

Anyway if we keep Wentz and if somehow regains his MVP form, then I think we got a lot more out of Wentz than the Rams did out of Goff who got drafted ahead of Wentz.

The Rams gave up two first round picks, and their young quarterback who has been to the Super Bowl for a 32 year old quarterback with a career losing record that I’m not even sure has won a playoff game. Crazy. 

Archived