Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Rams gave up two first round picks, and their young quarterback who has been to the Super Bowl for a 32 year old quarterback with a career losing record that I’m not even sure has won a playoff game. Crazy. 

Sounds like it was a salary dump more than anything. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds like it was a salary dump more than anything. 

For who? I know this much the Texans gotta be licking their chops right now if the Rams are willing to give that much up for Stafford. 

4E9B84E2-3266-4E54-8417-CEF4CFDCD9A6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

For who? I know this much the Texans gotta be licking their chops right now if the Rams are willing to give that much up for Stafford. 

4E9B84E2-3266-4E54-8417-CEF4CFDCD9A6.jpeg

For the Rams. Getting rid of Goff’s contract. 

This team doesn't draft well enough to be handing out first round picks like they're Oprah. This recent trade can be marked down as another reason I prefer Carson to stay, the Eagles need all of their draft selections. All of them!

8 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

This team doesn't draft well enough to be handing out first round picks like they're Oprah. This recent trade can be marked down as another reason I prefer Carson to stay, the Eagles need all of their draft selections. All of them!

How would trading Carson away make the Eagles trade away picks too?

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

For the Rams. Getting rid of Goff’s contract. 

If that’s their reason it seems foolish. The took on more salary, and older player and gave away more picks so if Stafford vaulters they can’t even draft another quarterback. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that’s their reason it seems foolish. The took on more salary, and older player and gave away more picks so if Stafford vaulters they can’t even draft another quarterback. 

Who knows? It’s the Rams. They give out first rounders like Halloween candy. 

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

A team could ask for picks as compensation for picking up a $20M+ tab on a starting QB coming off one of the worst statistical seasons in recent memory.

Wentz and Goffs value about the same. With that said, I don’t think we will be able to get much for Wentz.

afraid to see how much Deshaun Watson will demand in the trade market lol

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok guys let's bring this back. 

There's very little doubt Wentz was going to win MVP in 2017. He didn't win it but he was going to if he hadn't gotten injured so I think that debate is pointless. 

The fact is he didn't win it, the reality is he would have and actually probably should have. 

Brady had a higher qb rating, higher yards per attempt, more yards per game, much higher completion %, and is Tom Brady.  

You can argue Wentz if you want, but I don’t think it’s fair to say he was definitely going to win it.  As a pure passer, Brady was having a better season.  

Wentz just had the highlight gunslinger plays and exploding onto the scene on his side.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Brady had a higher qb rating, higher yards per attempt, more yards per game, much higher completion %, and is Tom Brady.  

You can argue Wentz if you want, but I don’t think it’s fair to say he was definitely going to win it.  As a pure passer, Brady was having a better season.  

Wentz just had the highlight gunslinger plays and exploding onto the scene on his side.

Wentz was set to finish with substantially more TDs than Brady had he finished out the season. 

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's a massive reach that the competition is a concern.  It's likely way deeper than that between this City and FO and Carson. 

Ultimately, the reason doesn't matter.  He's going to be moved in the near future.

A reach? It’s been reported that he wants to be named the starter or be traded.

And what would Carson have against the City?

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Did the Rams not give Detroit 1st round picks or did I read it wrong?

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I’ll have to go back and check the stats but Wentz TD-Int ratio was better, had more TDs, and was the best player on the best team in the league (record-wise). Wentz, IF he continued his pace would have won MVP easily IMO.

he didnt win because of injury so I guess it’s a little pointless to argue over hypotheticals

3 hours ago, Thrive said:

A reach? It’s been reported that he wants to be named the starter or be traded.

And what would Carson have against the City?

"Reported" that he wants to be named the starter.  "Reported". Not verified.  Cue the "where there is smoke, there is fire" retort.

What does the City have against Carson is a better question?  Many fans cheered his benching and have spewed hate non-stop since the SB.

He going to be gone.  Its all going to work out for the masses that dislike his play and "reported" personality issues.  I hope Hurts can hold up his end of the bargain or he will be the next target.

3 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Because they traded for a greater QB. If the plan is for the Eagles to trade Wentz and start Hurts then it doesn’t make sense for the Eagles to trade for a greater QB talent. Therefor the Eagles would be the ones acquiring picks by giving up Wentz. Maybe they have to give up some picks because of the contract.

7 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

That was a QB for QB swap bud. Why do the Eagles need to do that? In fact the only QB for QB swap where the Eagles would substantially pay would be for Watson. 

Still crazy people are so obsessed with making something happened that did not happen. Not surprising that people with this kind of mentality won’t accept Malcom Jenkins telling of the truth on how the Eagles organization has handled Carson. 

14 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

A team could ask for picks as compensation for picking up a $20M+ tab on a starting QB coming off one of the worst statistical seasons in recent memory.

Reports are there are "multiple teams” interested in Carson if the Eagles make him available. Doesn’t sound like the Eagles need to eat anything other than the contract themselves. 

The Eagles are going to be a bad team next year, no matter which QB starts and who they draft, if I was Carson I would wish to get traded to the 49ers or some other good team that just needs a QB to take them over the top, instead of wasting 2-3 more years of his prime on this crap team.

Carson has shown that he can be a good enough QB if he has the protection and weapons. 

Just now, opa-opa said:

The Eagles are going to be a bad team next year, no matter which QB starts and who they draft, if I was Carson I would wish to get traded to the 49ers or some other good team that just needs a QB to take them over the top. Carson has shown that he can be a good enough QB if he has the protection and weapons. 

I think the Niners are going to roll with Jimmy G to be honest and I'm not sure Wentz is that much of an upgrade from Jimmy G either? I think the Colts could still be in play but with that Goff trade I don't think we are going to get much in the way of value for him and that is the issue.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the Niners are going to roll with Jimmy G to be honest and I'm not sure Wentz is that much of an upgrade from Jimmy G either? I think the Colts could still be in play but with that Goff trade I don't think we are going to get much in the way of value for him and that is the issue.

We all know that the Eagles end of the contract a big issue, but if Wentz won't play here, then they will take what they get and eat the next two years rebuilding.

The big trade issue with Wentz is the "reported" unhappiness here. If he ever makes that public,  it hurts the Eagles leverage in a trade. Its good that he isn't openly complaining.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It’s not an issue to me. Take a third if that’s what it takes. While there will be a substantial dead cap hit, it’s not as much as they’ll ultimately end up paying him if they keep him the next couple of years. Just get him out and reboot. 

So what do people make of the QB coach hire in relation to Wentz? I think there are a couple of ways to look it. On the one hand we can read it like there's nothing really to the Hurts link. So he tried to recruit Hurts out of High School and has an established relationship with the player. Does that mean Wentz won't get a look in? No it doesn't. But at the same time I think there is something to this. I mean he has known Hurts since Hurts was 4/5 years old? I can't imagine the hire has gone over too well with Wentz on a personal level? And if it was the other way around and the new QB coach had a long term relationship with Wentz then I think people would be making something of that.

Archived