Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Goff, Wentz, Watson....maybe the system is changing to piling less money into one franchise position and instead having interchangeable, low cost QBs.  The position certainly does take up a ton of cap.

So teams are getting on board with the...QB factory? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So teams are getting on board with the...QB factory? 

Looks like a fantasy football theory to not invest big resources into a QB.  

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Goff, Wentz, Watson....maybe the system is changing to piling less money into one franchise position and instead having interchangeable, low cost QBs.  The position certainly does take up a ton of cap.

I think it would be really good for the sport, and for other positions, if things started to even out even a little bit. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it would be really good for the sport, and for other positions, if things started to even out even a little bit. 

I assume the theory to be that a team can take an average talent, like Hurts, and absolutely run him in the ground for 4 or 5 years of low price and plug in a new guy. A guy who runs alot will get destroyed in no time at all.   If I remember right, Chip mentioned something similar, but I could be wrong.  This would definitely be a paradigm shift for the NFL.

17 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I assume the theory to be that a team can take an average talent, like Hurts, and absolutely run him in the ground for 4 or 5 years of low price and plug in a new guy. A guy who runs alot will get destroyed in no time at all.   If I remember right, Chip mentioned something similar, but I could be wrong.  This would definitely be a paradigm shift for the NFL.

I mean I guess the issue at this point is... Mahomes is the only dual threat QB who's killing it. And he's much more pass than run. 

7 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

(Mostly) everyone sees it. Go back and look at what some of us were saying at the beginning of the season in this very thread.

This organization is a joke.

👀

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/malcolm-jenkins-eagles-screwed-protecting-144607484.html

Funny how the apologists said "no one with credibility said anything about Wentz,” and they said no one from the locker room said anything about Wentz,” well now you have both in Jenkins. Will the apologists accept this? Nope. Most likely they will just trash Jenkins, because the apologists don’t hold Carson accountable for anything either. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/malcolm-jenkins-eagles-screwed-protecting-144607484.html

Funny how the apologists said "no one with credibility said anything about Wentz,” and they said no one from the locker room said anything about Went,” well now you have both in Jenkins. Will the apologists accept this? Nope. Most likely they will just trash Jenkins, because the apologists don’t hold Carson accountable for anything either. 

He's a disgruntled former Eagle. That's what will be said anyway. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I guess the issue at this point is... Mahomes is the only dual threat QB who's killing it. And he's much more pass than run. 

I'd say Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray qualify.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'd say Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray qualify.  

Hmm... Lamar needs to do it in the big games. I agree about DeShaun. And yeah I mean I like Murray. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I know. They’re just full of BS excuses and that’s my point. 

Lol well...he is

6 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

For a guy who also told Eisen "I haven't really paid a ton of attention" to what's going on in Philly, Jenkins had some pretty pointed observations about his former team.

Lol

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Lol well...he is

Ok so he needed to say about how he thinks the Eagles didn't help Wentz by protecting his ego? 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm... Lamar needs to do it in the big games. I agree about DeShaun. And yeah I mean I like Murray. 

Cam Newton and Josh Allen fit, too.  Whether or not they do it big time depends on so many factors.  There just seem to be more and more runners.  Now alot of these guys don't fit my low cost comment.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Cam Newton and Josh Allen fit, too.  Whether or not they do it big time depends on so many factors.  There just seem to be more and more runners.  Now alot of these guys don't fit my low cost comment.

Cam Newton did do it yeah, I think he's probably now done at the top level?

Ok so he needed to say about how he thinks the Eagles didn't help Wentz by protecting his ego? 

I don't think what he said is probably very far off of how many franchise type QBs are likely treated.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol well...he is

Lol

For the record Carson Wentz didn’t cut Malcom Jenkins. Howie Roseman did that, and if he were disgruntled (yeah cause he really wanted to be on a 4 win team going nowhere over his other team that went to the playoffs 🙄) so if Jenkins wanted to rip someone wouldn’t it be the Rosemanor the FO. No worries. Stick to you narrative no matter how it is. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cam Newton did do it yeah, I think he's probably now done at the top level?

Yes.  Done.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lol it's not like he was playing like an all pro or even a pro bowler here

Jenkins had his own ego thinking he was worth more money and he wasn't

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

For the record Carson Wentz didn’t cut Malcom Jenkins. Howie Roseman did that, and if he were disgruntled (yeah cause he really wanted to be on a 4 win team going nowhere over his other team that went to the playoffs 🙄) so if Jenkins wanted to rip someone wouldn’t it be the Rosemanor the FO. No worries. Stick to you narrative no matter how it is. 

There's been other players that were cut by Howie and still bashed the team...

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol it's not like he was playing like an all pro or even a pro bowler here

Jenkins had his own ego thinking he was worth more money and he wasn't

I think you've proved @EazyEaglez point bud. 

But that does go to your theory of 5 or so years.

I don't know that Cam really counts, but he has had the crap beat out of him.  I think there just may be a shift going on.  If you can consistently win with low cost rookie contract QBs then maybe better investments in corners or tackle could happen.  I don't know.  Feels like I am reaching to understand the potential situations with Goff, Wentz, and Watson.

I know but you've defended Wentz once again. 

Well no Fing crap because I don't think 1 bad year is reason to get rid of a franchise QB

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Well no Fing crap because I don't think 1 bad year is reason to get rid of a franchise QB

It isn't one bad year though. 

Archived