Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts won't have any fans at that point either and the calls for Howie's head will be loud.  Get ready!

As it should, question is, will Lurie listen? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Muz86 said:

I know I’m very much in the minority, but at this point I would just rather keep wentz otherwise we bought him high and sold him low. Give him a season to work with the new coaching staff and see if he can be the player he was before last year. If he is still that player then great, keep him as your franchise qb or ship him for a much better deal if both parties still want that. But if he is genuinely broken then at least you have verified it and can work towards a separation.

I just feel like 2 seconds for a qb that for the most part has played like a very good starting qb (before anyone argues, he was not average prior to this season), is a terrible return. Two ones or a one, a two and a three is the sort of return we should be holding out for, and tbh for all of rosemans mistakes I’m glad he seems to be standing his ground here.

2 seconds is a terrible return.  There is just a group that wants Wentz gone and thinks "at any costs" makes sense.  Wentz is a viable starting QB.  However, they fell in love with the backup who ran around and made a few exciting plays, but still lost most of his games and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn....thus Wentz must go.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

As it should, question is, will Lurie listen? 

It does not seem like he will, as of right now.  This whole fiasco falls directly onto Howie, but everyone else is taking the fall.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It does not seem like he will, as of right now.  This whole fiasco falls directly onto Howie, but everyone else is taking the fall.

I can't believe how much Howie gets away with and how he's just not held to account. It's a joke. 

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

2 seconds is a terrible return.  There is just a group that wants Wentz gone and thinks "at any costs" makes sense.  Wentz is a viable starting QB.  However, they fell in love with the backup who ran around and made a few exciting plays, but still lost most of his games and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn....thus Wentz must go.

Agreed, and lets not forget eating the 34 million. I say F the Colts, they are the ones without a starting QB and they are not in a position to draft one. You want Wentz you better sweeting the pot, lol.

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

A hard reset would have involved Howie being shown the door too.  

I’ve given up on that.  

22 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Agreed, and lets not forget eating the 34 million. I say F the Colts, they are the ones without a starting QB and they are not in a position to draft one. You want Wentz you better sweeting the pot, lol.

Its a mess all around.  Being impatient with Wentz or the compensation to move him will have a lasting negative effect.  The shame is that we are even discussing these options.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

2 seconds is a terrible return if he wasn’t on such a big contract and didn’t have so many questions surrounding him...if we weren’t in cap hell I would try and keep him and see if we can right the ship... but with where we are I’m game with adding 2-3 decent picks and hopefully a player in return.

12 hours ago, thedanone82 said:

I would love Wentz to come in fight for the starting job and get it and prove he's the real deal but I'm a realist. But I guess you're right the other option is to keep Wentz around and deal with all the drama that could(will) cause. Sounds great for a new Coaching staff.

Wentz hasn't cause 1 bit of drama. But you guys please continue to disparage his character in true philly fan form.

1 hour ago, greend said:

Wentz hasn't cause 1 bit of drama. But you guys please continue to disparage his character in true philly fan form.

Is it your belief the postgame press conferences were all deep fakes?

4 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Is it your belief the postgame press conferences were all deep fakes?

What did he say?

The Eagles need to be patient, Wentz really has no bargaining power he is under contract. So lets say the Eagles pay him the 10 million bonus and he holds out there is still a very good chance that a starting QB gets hurt on a team that feels they can compete for a SB. It could be a Sam Bradford situation where we get a better return, giving Carson up for 2 second round picks and eating 34 million is just stupid.

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

2 seconds is a terrible return if he wasn’t on such a big contract and didn’t have so many questions surrounding him...if we weren’t in cap hell I would try and keep him and see if we can right the ship... but with where we are I’m game with adding 2-3 decent picks and hopefully a player in return.

I see both sides, but we are in cap hell either way.  Given the quality of our picks lately, I'm concerned that those 2 or 3 decent picks will net 2 or 3 JJAWs or Pumphrys...and the cap hit...and Hurts is a mediocre player.

49 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What did he say?

Wow! now we are seeing imaginary press conferences where he actually said this. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wow! now we are seeing imaginary press conferences where he actually said this. 

The narrative grows lol

3 hours ago, greend said:

I never said anything about his character. Won't stop the fact that at this point he'll be a distraction and a horrible one if he sucks again

8 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

I never said anything about his character. Won't stop the fact that at this point he'll be a distraction and a horrible one if he sucks again

IMO a coaching staff who will use the players to their strengths, will work wonders for everyone.  Carson will look phenomenally better with a better scheme and play calling.

David Montgomery tweeted out a cryptic "nice knowing y’all Chicago” kind of thing a couple days ago.  Could he be pet of the package instead of Cohen?

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

David Montgomery tweeted out a cryptic "nice knowing y’all Chicago” kind of thing a couple days ago.  Could he be pet of the package instead of Cohen?

Maybe you should read his follow up tweet. lol. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Exhibit 432 on why Carson shouldn’t say anything.  People see what they want and rampant speculation takes over.

34 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

First line of the tweet was "playing in Chicago”. But yeah that has "nothing to do with ball”. 👀

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

And how wanting to leave a dysfunctional organization equals "hissy fit?"

JJ Watt wanted out of Houston. Did he have a hissy fit? 

There was no talk of wanting out until he got benched for his sorry play,

JJ Watt let it be known that he wasn't interested in sticking around for a rebuild during the season.  Moreover, Watt isn't in his 20's, there's no comparison between the two, not unless you're a Wentz apologist, at that point anything to shine a light on his behavior will do.

There's nothing I'd love more is for Wentz to remain with the Eagles and continue his sorry play just to hear what his apologists have to say.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

There's nothing I'd love more is for Wentz to remain with the Eagles and continue his sorry play just to hear what his apologists have to say.

See this is where I don't get this fan base.

I'm not a Wentz remainer as everyone knows. I think he's done here in Philly and both sides need to move on. 

But I don't want to see Wentz stay and fail. Just like I don't want to see Wentz go elsewhere and succeed and stick it to the Eagles. 

Archived