JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

Where in the world is JJ Arcega-Whiteside?

I will use this topic to post Whiteside's playcount and "production" (or lack thereof).

2020-21 Season

• "Great Off-season" according to everyone in the Eagles Organization
  • Week 1 @ Washington: 28 Snaps (41%) - 0 Targets - Zero Production
  • Week 2 vs LA Rams: 16 Snaps (23%) - 2 Targets - 1 Drop - Zero Production
  • Before Week 3: Doug Pederson says Eagles will rely on Whiteside more these next few weeks
  • Week 3 vs Bengals: 18 Snaps (20%) - 0 Targets - Zero Production
  • Week 4 @ 49ers: 0 Snaps ("Hurt") - 0 Targets - Zero Production
  • Week 5 @ Steelers: 8 Snaps (14%) - 1 Target - 37 Yards (Caught at end of Half) = Zero Impact
  • Week 6 vs Ravens: 12 Snaps (17%) - 1 Target - 0 Catches - 0 Yards, 1 FR for TD and Two Point Conversion (Don't count on the box score)
  • Week 7 vs Giants: 13 Snaps (16%) - 1 Target - 1 Catch - 8 Yards
  • Week 8 vs Cowboys: 5 Snaps (8%) - 0 Targets - Zero Production
  • Week 9: Bye Week
  • Week 10 @ Giants: Inactive (Healthy Scratch) - Zero Production
  • Week 11 @ Browns: Reserve/COVID List - Zero Production
  • Week 12 vs Seahawks: Reserve/COVID List - Zero Production
  • Week 13 @ Packers: Inactive (Healthy Scratch) - Zero Production
  • QB switch to Jalen Hurts
  • Week 14 vs Saints: Active - 0 Snaps (0%) - Zero Production + Clean Jersey
  • Week 15 @ Cardinals: Inactive (Healthy Scratch) - Zero Production
  • Week 16 @ Cowboys: Inactive (Healthy Scratch) - Zero Production
  • Week 17 @ Washington: 41 Snaps (60%) - 3 Targets - 2 Catches - 40 Yards

2021-22 Season

• Pre-Season Week 1 vs Steelers: 22 Snaps (49%) - 1 Target - 1 Tackle - Zero Production
  • Pre-Season Week 2 vs Patriots: 8 Snaps (15%) - 1 Target - Zero Production
  • Pre-Season Week 3 vs Jets: 14 Snaps (25%) - 2 Targets - 2 Catches - 57 Yards - 1 TD
  • Makes team over Travis Fulgham and John Hightower
  • Week 1 @ Atlanta: 16 Snaps (23%) - 0 Targets - Zero Production - Some great blocks

2019 Stats: 10 Catches - 169 Yards - 1 TD

2020 Stats: 4 Catches - 85 Yards - 0 TDs

Additional Notes:

• DK Metcalf 2020 Stats: 83 Recs - 1,303 Rec Yards - 10 TDs (Whiteside Career "Stats": 14 Recs - 254 Rec Yards - 1 Lucky Rec TD)
    • DK Metcalf vs 49ers in Week 17: 3 Catches - 21 Yards (Breaks Steve Largent's Franchise Record for Most Receiving Yards in Single Season)

20200927_181401.jpg

He's never going to have great production with Wentz as the QB.  Wentz prefers to either take a deep shot to a speed WR or if he's throwing short he goes to his two TE's.  It's one reason Alshon preferred Foles over him.

Remember last year in preseason JJAW was on fire? Yea, he's great when games don't count. I will still hold off calling him a bust till I see how he does as a starter till Alshon comes back.

8 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

He's never going to have great production with Wentz as the QB.  Wentz prefers to either take a deep shot to a speed WR or if he's throwing short he goes to his two TE's.  It's one reason Alshon preferred Foles over him.

To many people still think Carson is our ginger savior.

Our savior left the building with his big ...

I noticed him in motion a few times but that's about it.

And after the last few yrs of training camp db praise and the subsequent performances (Jones, Darby, Mills, etc) I'm officially done w pre season hype

I watched a lot of games of JJAW being a Trojans/Pac12 fan. I liked the pick orginally but my God, something has got to give. I know it's one game but if he as the same here like last year... it's over for him. It should be over for the dumb scout that said no to Metcalf over him, over for Howie sucking d when it comes to the draft

2 minutes ago, weko said:

He doesn't have any speed.  Can'r get any separation.  5th round skill set drafted in the 2nd round

Howie special

He has to be setting NFL records for most snaps without targets at WR. I've never seen anything like it. And it's not like we're a run heavy offense.

1 hour ago, The Norseman said:

Awful pick.  Everyone knew it when it happened and everyone knows where this kid is headed.  

Yep he’ll join Barnett, Douglas and Jones in the scrap pile of wasted picks.  

It’s unfathomable that Howie gets to keep his job.  If we failed at Our jobs as much as he failed at his, we would all be living in a van down by the river.  It’s ridiculous and it needs to be changed.  

JJaw is the same type of WR as Jeffrey, big and tall.  His roles probably are the RZ target and blocking on the fringe.  Folks here are right, Wentz goes to the speedy WR on deep and TEs on the intermediate range.  JJaw won't be a factor in those plays.

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I watched a lot of games of JJAW being a Trojans/Pac12 fan. I liked the pick orginally but my God, something has got to give. I know it's one game but if he as the same here like last year... it's over for him. It should be over for the dumb scout that said no to Metcalf over him, over for Howie sucking d when it comes to the draft

4 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

29 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

JJaw is the same type of WR as Jeffrey, big and tall.  His roles probably are the RZ target and blocking on the fringe.  Folks here are right, Wentz goes to the speedy WR on deep and TEs on the intermediate range.  JJaw won't be a factor in those plays.

The Wentz not throwing to Alshon thing is a myth. He targeted him plenty. JJAW played 30 snaps and wasn’t targeted once. That’s a really bad sign.

36 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yep he’ll join Barnett, Douglas and Jones in the scrap pile of wasted picks.  

It’s unfathomable that Howie gets to keep his job.  If we failed at Our jobs as much as he failed at his, we would all be living in a van down by the river.  It’s ridiculous and it needs to be changed.  

Someone else will get the blame

another poor draft evaluation and selection by the front office. This guy is Mack Hollins 2.0. Jerry Jones is twice, possibly 3 times Howies age and drafts better talent with his eyes closed. 

Somebody please pull up the old thread from when we drafted him.  Some of the man crushes ppl had on him hasn’t aged well.  

18 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Somebody please pull up the old thread from when we drafted him.  Some of the man crushes ppl had on him hasn’t aged well.  

That  was the old board we don't have those anymore

Archived