JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Insightful from Doug... We knew that was the case as Carson looked at JJAW the whole time until the last second. 

On 9/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, Jenkins27 said:

He played mostly on rushing downs because our rookies can’t block. Go watch again.

Great. Way to mask plays.

opposing defenses see #19...instant run blitz

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Insightful from Doug... We knew that was the case as Carson looked at JJAW the whole time until the last second. 

Thank gawd he didn’t throw it because the football team was doing nothing but reading wentz eyes.  You can see him jump underneath the route and looking for that pick knowing he had help behind him anyway.  If carson throws that it’s a pick 6.  He got lucky ertz was wide open. 

D18DB45B-D59A-4EB2-84ED-7F50F9F5A186.png

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

Thank gawd he didn’t throw it because the football team was doing nothing but reading wentz eyes.  You can see him jump underneath the route and looking for that pick knowing he had help behind him anyway.  If carson throws that it’s a pick 6.  He got lucky ertz was wide open. 

D18DB45B-D59A-4EB2-84ED-7F50F9F5A186.png

You could say it is good play by Wentz as he leads their D with his eyes and then goes with Ertz. Though I'd argue that Wentz tends to lock on his #1 target and so it was just as well Ertz did get open. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You could say it is good play by Wentz as he leads their D with his eyes and then goes with Ertz. Though I'd argue that Wentz tends to lock on his #1 target and so it was just as well Ertz did get open. 

Exactly! He was doing it (staring down the primary target) all day which is why he threw two ints and took a bunch of sacks when he had open check downs.  He got lucky here.  Plain and simple.  He and doug are both so stubborn and think they’re so smart that every play should work to the point that he ignores his second reads entirely and if you watch slowly you’ll see that receivers who know they aren’t the primary target don’t even run hard.  They basically jog off the line and slow dance with the defender.  

On 9/14/2020 at 4:47 PM, Br3 said:

another poor draft evaluation and selection by the front office. This guy is Mack Hollins 2.0. Jerry Jones is twice, possibly 3 times Howies age and drafts better talent with his eyes closed. 

I wish he was Mack Hollins. I bet he does too

On 9/19/2020 at 12:45 AM, Jenkins27 said:

We need a new statline for JJAW, instead of targets let's call them "considerations".

On 9/18/2020 at 11:45 PM, Jenkins27 said:

This WR is such a disappointment, his accolades are his height, potential and what was scripted for him...but that he didn't do and someone else achieved it.

I'll try that at work.  Hey boss, I know I didn't finish that project and my co-worker completed it. But hey, I was scripted to!

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

WHITESIDE GOT A TARGET! Progress!!!!!!

It was a drop but who cares about that.

Well... I mean one thing a WR needs to do is catch. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well... I mean one thing a WR needs to do is catch. 

Eagles don't care about that. He has great character and had a great attitude after the drop so that makes up for it

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Jalen Hurts as a decoy WR is more effective than JJ as a WR.

Sad but true

30 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

He might be worse than Freddie Mitchell and that's hard to do.

Freddie Mitchell could actually catch when thrown to. This guy is not even James Thrash

2 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Freddie Mitchell could actually catch when thrown to. This guy is not even James Thrash

Not even Matt Collins

I think the pick near the goal line was his fault.  He rounded the route and jogged into the end zone.  Carson had to wait on the throw, not leading it much and allowing the DB to recover and make the pick.  Hard to believe he can't learn to run a route.  

They should cut this guy.  He's a BUST

8 minutes ago, weko said:

I think the pick near the goal line was his fault.  He rounded the route and jogged into the end zone.  Carson had to wait on the throw, not leading it much and allowing the DB to recover and make the pick.  Hard to believe he can't learn to run a route.  

They should cut this guy.  He's a BUST

Completely disagree on the INT. That was all Wentz. Whiteside was never really open on the play and he still tried to force it in there. CB was baiting Wentz to throw it the entire time.

But I do agree Whiteside should be cut and that he is a bust.

Are we gonna keep this tracker going, cause I’m sure he’s going to look like trash again. 2 targets, and zero catches. 

The title of the post mentions JJ compared to other WR’s in his draft class but doesn’t mention the other WR’s so I will. 
JJ was drafted #57. Here are the others that were available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds after JJ.

#59 Parris Campbell 

#62 Andy Isabella

#64 DK Metcalf

#66 Diontae Johnson

#67 Jalen Hurd 

#76 Terry McLaurin 

#93 Miles Boykin

Archived