JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m not disputing that Howie was at fault. I was just pointing out that in that case even though the trade was fine, he still screwed it up by not re-signing him. Had they brought him back, I’d be looking at that trade as good value. 

I agree with that. 

8 hours ago, wtfcares said:

I’d take Sanders over any of those guys. We likely wouldn’t draft Sanders, if they took one of them that year. 

You are crazy.

8 hours ago, wtfcares said:

I’d take Sanders over any of those guys. We likely wouldn’t draft Sanders, if they took one of them that year. 

I don’t know why you would claim that? What has Sanders proven?

This thread can lead someone to drugs. So depressing. 

At least the eagles didn't trade up for him. It could've been worse.

In fairness, the only comparisons should be between:

A. Campbell  (Rumor has it he was the guy about half of the "war room" favored (possibly even favored by Howie)  at that pick but Howie went with JJAW because the "guys in the war room" that wanted JJAW may have had "more clout" than the guys that wanted Campbell...at the time.)

B. Metcalf (Obviously would have been the "fan favorite" pick at the time but for whatever reason, dropped on the Eagles board.  

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

In fairness, the only comparisons should be between:

A. Campbell  (Rumor has it he was the guy about half of the "war room" favored (possibly even favored by Howie)  at that pick but Howie went with JJAW because the "guys in the war room" that wanted JJAW may have had "more clout" than the guys that wanted Campbell...at the time.)

B. Metcalf (Obviously would have been the "fan favorite" pick at the time but for whatever reason, dropped on the Eagles board.  

Whoever favored JJAW hopefully no longer has any clout at all.  And who can have more clout than the GM?  

Also, after a bad rookie year, even Campbell has appeared to arrive on the scene now.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Whoever favored JJAW hopefully no longer has any clout at all.  And who can have more clout than the GM?  

At the time, the boards were set up in a fashion that if there was a "tie" between players, Howie would go with whomever had "more say" in terms of drafting, etc.  That's the rumor, anyway. 

(Wild guess, is that Douglas could have had influence if there was a "tie" between players.)

(Another guess is that they favored JJAW as an eventual replacement to Jeffery.  Campbell was a completely different type of receiver...more akin to a Reagor type vs Jeffery type). 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Where in the world is JJ Arcega-Whiteside? Did he play yesterday? I heard about his great off-season and this is what we get? Meanwhile DK Metcalf has another great game for Seattle.

I will use this topic to post Whiteside's playcount and "production" (or lack thereof).

Week 1 @ Washington: 28 Snaps - Zero Production

Just out of curiosity has anyone watched his snaps to see if he's getting open or not?

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Just out of curiosity has anyone watched his snaps to see if he's getting open or not?

I took a screen shot of the first called pass and zoomed in on JJAW.  Looks as though the defense was on him pretty tight:

image.thumb.jpeg.3b24e6d40045968c176408eff0eaa401.jpeg

3 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Gonna merge the 2 JJAW tracking topics no need for 2.

Are you sure?  He’s gonna break out at any minute and we need to be ready 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:04 PM, DBW said:

Yep he’ll join Barnett, Douglas and Jones in the scrap pile of wasted picks.  

It’s unfathomable that Howie gets to keep his job.  If we failed at Our jobs as much as he failed at his, we would all be living in a van down by the river.  It’s ridiculous and it needs to be changed.  

Ain't gonna happen, he's your GM as long a Lurie owns the team.

well let’s see: 

-“Looks great in camp”

-high character

-low upside/ceiling 

-cant sniff the field and when he does he’s invisible

This kid checks all the boxes for the annual howie roseman special. 

12 hours ago, nipples said:

I’m waiting to see how this draft pans out before passing final judgment. If Reagor is the real deal that’s a great pick, especially if he turns out to be better in the NFL than Jefferson (which is what I believed even before the draft). 

I also like Hightower’s potential to be a nice field stretching 3rd/4th WR, and I do think Wallace is the future starter at safety. Remains to be seen, but I’m optimistic about this class. 

Now the 2019 draft as a whole is looking rough right now, but I am still in on Dillard being the answer at LT when healthy, and I fully believe Sanders is a stud. If you can get your long-term starting LT out of a draft, and a pro bowl type RB, I think it automatically bumps the draft class as a whole up to a C+.

Dillard is a backup in my book and Sanders needs to be complimented by a bruiser like A.J. Dillion, 

As for Hightower, Watkins may better turnout to be the better player.  

7 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

For whatever reason?

The reason is because our draft is run by a bunch of know nothings.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

For whatever reason?

The reason is because our draft is run by a bunch of know nothings.

Pretty sure it had to do with "medical reasons”.  It’s the reason he was even available at our pick.   He dropped on a ton of boards, not just the Eagles. 

6 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Pretty sure it had to do with "medical reasons”.  It’s the reason he was even available at our pick.   He dropped on a ton of boards, not just the Eagles. 

Good to know that Metcalf was high risk but Sidney Jones wasn't an injury concern, Brandon Brooks could get a mega-extension after one achilles and before a second, and Desean was OK to go back on the field.  But drafting a megatron 2.0 physical talent in the second round is where we draw the line on accepting injury risk.  

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Good to know that Metcalf was high risk but Sidney Jones wasn't an injury concern, Brandon Brooks could get a mega-extension after one achilles and before a second, and Desean was OK to go back on the field.  But drafting a megatron 2.0 physical talent in the second round is where we draw the line on accepting injury risk.  

It didn't really happen in that order. We took a risk on Jones in 2017 and then saw a bunch of key injuries along the way that we overcame to win it all. We followed that up with an injury plagued 2018, where we saw Brooks' season end in the postseason. Then in 2019, after the league year began (well before the draft) we traded for DJax, who hadn't missed any long periods of time, but had missed a few games in each of the previous seasons. The Eagles' fan base was pretty vocal about staying away from players with known injury histories at this point (radio, podcasts, TV, blogs, papers, websites, and fans all over the country were pretty much in agreement regarding this). So the Eagles decided to pass on Metcalf and his extensive medical history and chose JJAW instead. 

13 hours ago, Br3 said:

well let’s see: 

-“Looks great in camp”

-high character

-low upside/ceiling 

-cant sniff the field and when he does he’s invisible

This kid checks all the boxes for the annual howie roseman special. 

Well, you missed 'high motor'

4.31... 4.33... 4.49

one of these things is not like the others

(Listen I understand the reasoning behind them choosing JJAW. I dont agree with it, but all we can do about it is hope that he starts to show up)

Archived