JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

And after the last few yrs of training camp db praise and the subsequent performances (Jones, Darby, Mills, etc) I'm officially done w pre season hype

Speaking of Mills, holding by a safety?

Does not sound good, we better hope our DL can provide pressure for more than 1.5 quarters.

2 hours ago, DBW said:

Yep he’ll join Barnett, Douglas and Jones in the scrap pile of wasted picks.  

It’s unfathomable that Howie gets to keep his job.  If we failed at Our jobs as much as he failed at his, we would all be living in a van down by the river.  It’s ridiculous and it needs to be changed.  

He keeps his job because he manages the cap well and is pretty good in free agency.  We need another guy managing the draft though.  This is killing us. 

5 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

He keeps his job because he manages the cap well and is pretty good in free agency.  We need another guy managing the draft though.  This is killing us. 

We had joe douglas and he sucked arse too. Remember when people were so worried about losing him and he was thought of so highly and a few teams tried to poach him? Well the jets got him and they aren't exactly happy with him

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We had joe douglas and he sucked arse too. Remember when people were so worried about losing him and he was thought of so highly and a few teams tried to poach him? Well the jets got him and they aren't exactly happy with him

I mean, when you think back to Heckert and the earlier Andy Reid years, its hard to remember a draft where we didn't have some bone headed picks.  It's not easy, that's for sure, but I feel like these guys always outsmart themselves.  If all the experts agree that DK Metcalf is the next best guy on the board, seems like you're setting yourself up for failure not to take the guy. 

Just now, The Norseman said:

I mean, when you think back to Heckert and the earlier Andy Reid years, its hard to remember a draft where we didn't have some bone headed picks.  It's not easy, that's for sure, but I feel like these guys always outsmart themselves.  If all the experts agree that DK Metcalf is the next best guy on the board, seems like you're setting yourself up for failure not to take the guy. 

I'm not on the Metcalf train. Obviously he turned out great but, he had injury history and not much of a resume in college. Basically all the teams had issue with him and his college career. It's easy to say we effed up on him now but, all signs pointed to staying away from him then as all teams did for the most part. We draft him and the injuries and the half arse production in college show up here and we are losing our minds. Obviously a lit of teams were wrong in that. This year they did go with high upside and not just college production so this class could work out great. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not on the Metcalf train. Obviously he turned out great but, he had injury history and not much of a resume in college. Basically all the teams had issue with him and his college career. It's easy to say we effed up on him now but, all signs pointed to staying away from him then as all teams did for the most part. We draft him and the injuries and the half arse production in college show up here and we are losing our minds. Obviously a lit of teams were wrong in that. This year they did go with high upside and not just college production so this class could work out great. 

We can debate whether Metcalf was the right pick there or not, but one thing that seems pretty clear is that JJ wasn't. 

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

We can debate whether Metcalf was the right pick there or not, but one thing that seems pretty clear is that JJ wasn't. 

Agreed

You can make this thread about anybody on the offense yesterday and it's just as relevant.

JJAW is going to have to prove himself to Wentz in a game by making a clutch catch when we need it. He had that opportunity last year on that 4th and 15 vs the Lions and we all saw what happened. I don't expect anything to change in the next couple of weeks unless Wentz has a good game and feels comfortable with the protection. 

7 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Remember last year in preseason JJAW was on fire? Yea, he's great when games don't count. I will still hold off calling him a bust till I see how he does as a starter till Alshon comes back.

Sounds a lot lilke Billy McMullen....  

If you have no speed and absolutely no ability to run routes or create separation, you can't play in the NFL.

1 minute ago, weko said:

If you have no speed and absolutely no ability to run routes or create separation, you can't play in the NFL.

You can, if you kick.

7 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Where in the world is JJ Arcega-Whiteside? Did he play yesterday? I heard about his great off-season and this is what we get? Meanwhile DK Metcalf has another great game for Seattle.

I will use this topic to post Whiteside's playcount and "production" (or lack thereof).

Week 1 @ Washington: 28 Snaps - Zero Production

Hey come on he lined up correctly on all 28 snaps and is a Good blocker, I even read he would rather be a good special teamer😒

3 hours ago, DBW said:

Yep he’ll join Barnett, Douglas and Jones in the scrap pile of wasted picks.  

It’s unfathomable that Howie gets to keep his job.  If we failed at Our jobs as much as he failed at his, we would all be living in a van down by the river.  It’s ridiculous and it needs to be changed.  

3 hours ago, Br3 said:

another poor draft evaluation and selection by the front office. This guy is Mack Hollins 2.0. Jerry Jones is twice, possibly 3 times Howies age and drafts better talent with his eyes closed. 

But they don’t have any character guys 😆 that’s the thing Howie and Doug hang their hat on.  We want character guys that won’t put perform contacts so they don’t have to pay them what their really worth in 5 years.  

It takes about one training camp practice for a casual fan to see that he’s a practice squad talent.  It’s horrifying that our scouting dept and GM actually pulled the trigger in round 2.

Going to do this every week.

JJAW - 57th overall - 0 targets, 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's

Parris Campbell - 59th overall - 9 targets, 6 receptions, 71 yards, 0 TD's

Andy Isabella - 62nd overall - 0 targets, 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's

DK Metcalf - 64th overall - 8 targets, 4 receptions, 95 yards, 1 TD

Dionate Johnson - 66th overall - 10 targets, 6 receptions, 57 yards, 0 TD's

Terry McLaurin - 76th overall - 7 targets, 5 receptions, 61 yards, 0 TD's

Miles Boykin - 93rd overall - 4 targets, 3 receptions, 37 yards

Hunter Renfrow - 149th overall - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 21 yards, 0 TD's

Darius Slayton - 171st overall - 9 targets, 6 receptions, 102 yards, 2 TD's

Archived