JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

JJAW can't play football. 

Eliot Shorr-Parks could run onto the field on Sunday and have as much impact on the game as JJAW.

48 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

JJAW deserves to be on the field over Hightower. I hope he gets looks this week.

How does he "deserve” anything? In 17 career games he has 10 catches. 

BTW, he had 28 snaps last week compared to Hightower’s 27. You probably just thought he played less because he can’t get open to get any targets. 

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

How does he "deserve” anything? In 17 career games he has 10 catches. 

BTW, he had 28 snaps last week compared to Hightower’s 27. You probably just thought he played less because he can’t get open to get any targets. 

He played mostly on rushing downs because our rookies can’t block. Go watch again.

46 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

He played mostly on rushing downs because our rookies can’t block. Go watch again.

I watched it live, unfortunately, no need to watch again. Just like I’ve watched him suck a** for the prior 16 games he played. 

He has done NOTHING to "deserve” playing time over anybody. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

I watched it live, unfortunately, no need to watch again. Just like I’ve watched him suck a** for the prior 16 games he played. 

He has done NOTHING to "deserve” playing time over anybody. 

Hightower showed nothing too. JJAW at least brings a different element and can block.

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Hightower showed nothing too. JJAW at least brings a different element and can block.

The problem I think for JJAW is that he's the kind of WR that Wentz has to really trust. He's a receiver who's going to use his body and his physicality to win battles and I'm just not sure Wentz is going to trust him. 

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

He also played mostly on rushing downs because he can't contribute to the passing game.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The problem I think for JJAW is that he's the kind of WR that Wentz has to really trust. He's a receiver who's going to use his body and his physicality to win battles and I'm just not sure Wentz is going to trust him. 

I think he has his trust in the redzone based on snippets from training camp and also Wentz was looking his way on that Ertz TD as his first read option.

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He also played mostly on rushing downs because he can't contribute to the passing game.

Maybe....maybe not :ph34r:. I just know Hightower was a pain last week moreso than JJAW.

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

I think he has his trust in the redzone based on snippets from training camp and also Wentz was looking his way on that Ertz TD as his first read option.

TC and games are different though. I know that's really obvious but zero targets? Says a lot. 

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Hightower was in his first career game as a rookie. We have 17 games worth of JJAW sucking a**. How about giving Hightower more than 1 before deciding that JJAW somehow "deserves” snaps over him?

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Hightower was in his first career game as a rookie. We have 17 games worth of JJAW sucking a**. How about giving Hightower more than 1 before deciding that JJAW somehow "deserves” snaps over him?

Like I said, we have plenty of speed now, JJAW would bring a different element. Plus he can block lol.

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

Like I said, we have plenty of speed now, JJAW would bring a different element. Plus he can block lol.

Do we?

Desean is more of a hologram than a WR.  Reagor is still learning.  I'd say the offense could use another speed WR.

JJAWs element is already there by virtue of having 2 TE's on the field for 60% of the snaps.  We also have Ward as an underneath weapon who barely gets open.

Not sure what element JJAW brings...

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Do we?

Desean is more of a hologram than a WR.  Reagor is still learning.  I'd say the offense could use another speed WR.

JJAWs element is already there by virtue of having 2 TE's on the field for 60% of the snaps.  We also have Ward as an underneath weapon who barely gets open.

Not sure what element JJAW brings...

Reagor and DeSean showed the ability to get open week one. Wentz just missed a couple throws or the OL just couldn't hold up. JJAW brings size. He's supposed to be the jumpball, contested catch guy that Alshon is. We haven't seen it from him yet (just like we haven't seen downfield ability from Hightower yet) but that's what he's supposed to be.

Slow receiver who can't run routes or catch the ball...but at least he's different and can block? 

Just use an extra TE if all you're gonna get out of a WR is run blocking. 

42 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Slow receiver who can't run routes or catch the ball...but at least he's different and can block? 

Just use an extra TE if all you're gonna get out of a WR is run blocking. 

Funny you mention that...that's exactly what they did last year when they put their udfa TE out at WR over JJAW.

8 hours ago, judunno said:

Pulling for the guy but man that dude in Seattle 😞

I think they were scared about his neck injury. He'd probably be paralyzed by now here with our luck in health. Also its easy to say that now that we have seen some results. 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:10 PM, Br3 said:

well let’s see: 

-“Looks great in camp”

-high character

-low upside/ceiling 

-cant sniff the field and when he does he’s invisible

This kid checks all the boxes for the annual howie roseman special. 

Forsure! Character off the charts! One of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Even though he can't play it is hard to mad at this guy. This is all part of Howie's plan.

As far as I am concerned Jalen Reagor's one catch for 55 yards has already outdone everything Whiteside has done during his time with the team.

Archived