JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Not true! I was also furious when they picked Whiteside. And a bunch of regulars tried to explain to me, how much of a radius he makes for the contested catches, and that he according to Howie catches everything thrown his way. I prepared for weeks for the draft, and none of the scouts had a great opinion about him, that I saw.

Right, I know I wasn't the only one that's why I said "I was just about the only one", it's those "regulars" we had our disagreements with, I also viewed his college footage and knew he wasn't an NFL player let alone a 2nd round pick.

I also viewed Smith's college footage and didn't see him as a 1st round pick, 1st round picks at WR should be reserved for a #1 receivers and I don't see that in Smith.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Some players (and people) shine in the spotlight, others wilt and die.  I'm afraid Reagor is part of the latter group and is not ready for primetime.

The guy seems to spend more time worrying about what people are saying about him on Twitter than working to get better. How does he gain less yards now than when he was a rookie when he played and started in more games? 

I know there was one dude on here coming to JJAW's defense for quite awhile.. anyone left? The guy simply isn't an NFL player. 

I don't give a damn how good of a blocker he is for a WR. It he can't get open and make catches he's useless. If all he's in there for is blocking, you might as well just give his snaps to a tight end who is an even better blocker and may even be able to catch more than 2 passes in a season.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I know there was one dude on here coming to JJAW's defense for quite awhile.. anyone left? The guy simply isn't an NFL player. 

I don't give a damn how good of a blocker he is for a WR. It he can't get open and make catches he's useless. If all he's in there for is blocking, you might as well just give his snaps to a tight end who is an even better blocker and may even be able to catch more than 2 passes in a season.

Hell he shouldn't have even been on the roster this year. If not for the curious case of Fulgham's rapid fall to nothingness (which came out of nowhere much like his rapid rise last year), he wouldn't have made the team

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Hell he shouldn't have even been on the roster this year. If not for the curious case of Fulgham's rapid fall to nothingness (which came out of nowhere much like his rapid rise last year), he wouldn't have made the team

I might be making this up but I thought I remembered reading an article that said Fulgham’s issue was a really poor work ethic. 

41 minutes ago, nipples said:

I might be making this up but I thought I remembered reading an article that said Fulgham’s issue was a really poor work ethic. 

That was part of it. 

41 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep....will forever go down in Eagles lore as one of the shortest superstar runs we have had, right alongside Bryce Brown 

5 hours ago, nipples said:

A lot of that is the offensive system. The WRs aren't always blocking just for runs, but the RPO increases the frequency of runs. Our WRs try to do a lot of "picks" to help other WRs get open. I think the way the Eagles do this (rarely targeting the players there to block), limits the effectiveness overall because there's really no reason for opponents to account for players that are unlikely to be targeted. 

As for JJAW, he's coming off a bad game. I doubt anybody wants to "defend" the guy as a receiver. Regardless, all I care about is getting the (playoff) win. If all he does is block when he's out there and he has a positive effect, I'm fine with it. If he makes plays on our special teams and that phase of the game is making a difference, I'm fine with it. We can worry about replacing him after the season is over. For now, this team knows what they do and I just want everybody to do their role. 

A person may not care "how good of a blocker" a WR is, but this is what we do. This is what turned this team around after a slow start. Something to consider:

Despite Smith's slim build, he's also been a pretty effective blocker. All our WRs are expected to block when they aren't the ball carrier. 

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Yep....will forever go down in Eagles lore as one of the shortest superstar runs we have had, right alongside Bryce Brown 

Frank Gore ??

6 hours ago, nipples said:

you might as well just give his snaps to a tight end who is an even better blocker

Goedert is already in.  This could be Stoll, or it could be an OL.

8 hours ago, nipples said:

The crazy part was he actually used his body to get open on the play. He just flat out dropped it. Although I do think it’s somewhat unfair to judge him on these drops considering how few his chances are, BUT when you get limited chances you need to make an impact in a positive way. JJAW dropped a touchdown, and he had one bounce off his hands for an interception. That’s is the wrong kind of impact. You’re right he needs to go.

just to be fair he had broken finger on the first play of the game, still not good but this time there might be legit reason for that drop 

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

just to be fair he had broken finger on the first play of the game, still not good but this time there might be legit reason for that drop 

He probably should’ve said something though. He was a detriment to the team out there. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He probably should’ve said something though. He was a detriment to the team out there. 

If he said something every time he was a detriment to the team…

3 hours ago, nipples said:

If he said something every time he was a detriment to the team…

I get he was trying to have a moment, but now he just looks horrible. The worst part of this thing to me is that Reagor got the same amount of targets as JJAW with a broken finger. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, EazyEaglez said:

The guy seems to spend more time worrying about what people are saying about him on Twitter than working to get better. How does he gain less yards now than when he was a rookie when he played and started in more games? 

Doesn't his mom spend a fair amount of time calling out Eagles fans on Twitter as well? 

3 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Doesn't his mom spend a fair amount of time calling out Eagles fans on Twitter as well? 

I don’t use Twitter often so I don’t know, but his mom shouldn’t be fighting his battles. Heck most of these guys should really stay off the social media. 

57 minutes ago, Birdman said:

All I know about his Mom:

5d434c192432f.image.jpg

Archived