JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I still think you can invest a mid to late round pick in a WR, but I do agree they need to bring in a solid vet. There are some decent names that MAY be available in free agency. 

At least if they get a veteran receiver it could give Watkins or Reagor time to develop though honestly I don’t have a lot of confidence in Reagor developing. 

On 11/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, brkmsn said:

His production hasn't "dropped off, " It hasn't taken off. Continue to ignore the scheme and game film --- they clearly aren't a factor. :rolleyes: Every WR in the league should be averaging 20 YPR I guess when thrown the ball 3 yards deep in the backfield with no blocking and 2 defenders reading the play and there to make the stop. Reagor hasn't been the only player attempting to return kicks and punts this year. Let me know when those units are executing out there and giving the return man (whoever it is) a chance and not making things worse with penalties). 

I get that it's your opinion that it's all Reagor's fault, that none of this is because in Sirianni's scheme, WRs are asked to be decoys to clear space or asked to set picks and block, that there's only a limited amount of passes all game and more than half the targets go to the WR1 and TE1. Reagor hasn't been perfect and he's made mistakes that have contributed to his numbers. He only has 1 dropped pass on the season. You can dwell on those negative yard plays, but it's not like he took a positive and made a negative. It was a negative from the beginning. One time, he made a 2 yard loss into a 6 yard loss, but holy crap, design some plays where he has a chance to gain yards. 

Your act is getting old.

At this point everyone just assumes you are trolling.

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I'm not so sure about that.

If Agholor and Whiteside have lasted as long as they have so will Reagor who actually has about the same or better numbers then both of them through 2 seasons

13 hours ago, nipples said:

I still think you can invest a mid to late round pick in a WR, but I do agree they need to bring in a solid vet. There are some decent names that MAY be available in free agency. 

Overall just try and develop the guys you have. Try to turn Whiteside, Watkins, or Reagor into something. Howie would just draft another guy basically on their level anyway. 

Funny thing is that JJ is not actually a bad 5th/6th receiver. He does a lot what you want them to do. Block, special teams and other dirty work. Now getting that occasional grab for first down cause no one bothers to cover him. The only issue is where he was picked, which is not his issue but Howie’s. These guys should be 3rd day picks or UDFAs

1 hour ago, DKing said:

Funny thing is that JJ is not actually a bad 5th/6th receiver. He does a lot what you want them to do. Block, special teams and other dirty work. Now getting that occasional grab for first down cause no one bothers to cover him. The only issue is where he was picked, which is not his issue but Howie’s. These guys should be 3rd day picks or UDFAs

I'd agree with this to be honest. He's a good blocker on special teams and he's a good blocker on offense. He may not be a great pass catcher but hey for a 5th or 6th receiver you don't really expect them to be. At this point he's more use to this team than Reagor. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd agree with this to be honest. He's a good blocker on special teams and he's a good blocker on offense. He may not be a great pass catcher but hey for a 5th or 6th receiver you don't really expect them to be. At this point he's more use to this team than Reagor. 

The thing about Howie and these failed 1st/2nd round picks is you can tell they are trying to replace a player from the Super Bowl run that reminds them of a productive older/outgoing player or someone they covet from another team. This is not how to build a team.

Darren Sproles---> Pumphrey

A Jefferies---> JJAW

Hurts---> R Wilson

DJAX---> Reagor

---feel free to add others

I felt like they were throwing a lot to Reagor yesterday for evaluation purposes. There's no other explanation. 

25 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

I felt like they were throwing a lot to Reagor yesterday for evaluation purposes. There's no other explanation. 

That might have made sense if they thought the Giants would be an easy win, but then in the 4th quarter they needed to make plays and win and still threw to him instead of Smith.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That might have made sense if they thought the Giants would be an easy win, but then in the 4th quarter they needed to make plays and win and still threw to him instead of Smith.

They should’ve already made this evaluation on Reagor. They threw to him earlier in the year and it eventually led to more losses than wins. They stopped throwing to him and tried to find other ways to get him the ball with reverses, screens, and returns. He hasn’t been outstanding with any of those other options, but they still went back to throwing it to him and gameplanning him opportunities. The only reason I could think of is maybe they assumed the Giants would do everything in their power to take Smith out, because it’s well documented how much they wanted to draft him. Listening to Reagor after the game and how nonchalant he was on how he played confirmed for me they can’t win with that guy. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They should’ve already made this evaluation on Reagor. They threw to him earlier in the year and it eventually led to more losses than wins. They stopped throwing to him and tried to find other ways to get him the ball with reverses, screens, and returns. He hasn’t been outstanding with any of those other options, but they still went back to throwing it to him and gameplanning him opportunities. The only reason I could think of is maybe they assumed the Giants would do everything in their power to take Smith out, because it’s well documented how much they wanted to draft him. Listening to Reagor after the game and how nonchalant he was on how he played confirmed for me they can’t win with that guy. 

Agreed.  Watkins on the other hand seems to make the most of his opportunities, even Ward in the past delivered.  I would sit Reagor and get those 2 involved more, and keep trying to feed Smith.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Agreed.  Watkins on the other hand seems to make the most of his opportunities, even Ward in the past delivered.  I would sit Reagor and get those 2 involved more, and keep trying to feed Smith.

I’d like to see more opportunities for Watkins and even though Ward dropped the easiest pass ever I have seen him in the past be more productive that Reagor. Sadly all of the Eagles options other than Smith and Goedert can’t really be counted on. Heck I’d give JJAW a few more opportunities. He’s done more on special teams to get him a couple chances. 

4 hours ago, DKing said:

Jjaw is playing his way into a 2nd contract.  3yr/4.5m ST contract, but still a contract.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Jjaw is playing his way into a 2nd contract.  3yr/4.5m ST contract, but still a contract.

:facepalm:

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Finally given a chance to prove he should be out there and completely blew it. 

Agreed.

Take the W out of his name, he's JJAL.

JJLOL

JJWTF

JJ-AWFUL 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Finally given a chance to prove he should be out there and completely blew it. 

In a variety of ways.

JJDone

Disappointed. Would have been really happy for him if he held on to that TD.  That’s as easy of a catch as you’ll ever get and he blew it.

It stems from lack of confidence and also lack of reps.  

38 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Disappointed. Would have been really happy for him if he held on to that TD.  That’s as easy of a catch as you’ll ever get and he blew it.

It stems from lack of confidence and also lack of reps.  

He had a bad day. No catches, a OPI again (pretty sure he kept getting flagged earlier in the year for those).

Archived