JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

Is he better than Jalen Raegor? That’s the big question (that I wish I didn’t have to ask).

"Reagor has had three negative plays in the last four weeks. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside had more receiving yards with one catch on Sunday than Reagor has had in seven games this season. In Year 2 as a first-round pick, the Eagles were obviously hoping to get more from him.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-snap-count-not-getting-145516692.html

Yeah the Eagles have to feel pretty dissatisfied with their receivers other than Smith. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Reagor has had three negative plays in the last four weeks. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside had more receiving yards with one catch on Sunday than Reagor has had in seven games this season. In Year 2 as a first-round pick, the Eagles were obviously hoping to get more from him.”

Yeah the Eagles have to feel pretty dissatisfied with their receivers other than Smith. 

Yeah, even Quez has disappeared. Seems like with the renewed focus on running the ball, his targets have dropped. They need more than just Smith and Goedert in the passing game.

I'm hoping they try to convert Gainwell to slot receiver to get him on the field more. We saw his versatility early on in the season. No reason to keep him deactivated with Reagor contributing virtually nothing to the offense. 

16 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

Yeah, even Quez has disappeared. Seems like with the renewed focus on running the ball, his targets have dropped. They need more than just Smith and Goedert in the passing game.

I'm hoping they try to convert Gainwell to slot receiver to get him on the field more. We saw his versatility early on in the season. No reason to keep him deactivated with Reagor contributing virtually nothing to the offense. 

Yeah, I'm not really sure what Gainwell did to completely drop out of the rotation. 

They must have been 'saving' that play! Kept it a secret for all of these weeks this season.

Maybe his next catch will come in game 15 or so? :groovy:

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didn't realize it was quite that bad.  

WR stats.PNG

45 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This is a reflection of the QB, not the weapons.

Nah, last year with Wentz, Reagor was outperformed by Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham, guys who were plucked from the practice squad. 

On 9/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, nipples said:

Really the only one that matters is the last one. Had Hightower or Fulgham not been terrible in camp, JJAW would be gone.

Playing special teams absolutely matters bud. 

Not for nothing, but does Reagor, Watkins, or JJAW start on any other anFL team? 

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Nah, last year with Wentz, Reagor was outperformed by Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham, guys who were plucked from the practice squad. 

That same dope was screaming how Wentz had no weapons last year. Suddenly the Eagles have the greatest weapons in the world though. 🙄

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Playing special teams absolutely matters bud. 

Not for nothing, but does Reagor, Watkins, or JJAW start on any other anFL team? 

I think Watkins is good depth.

And for some reason Siri seems to have made JJaw his little coaching project. Maybe he wants to prove something.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think Watkins is good depth.

And for some reason Siri seems to have made JJaw his little coaching project. Maybe he wants to prove something.

Maybe but JJAW with one play did more than Reagor has in over a month. No more Heath excuses for him either. He’s getting touches from returns, and screens, but he’s just not producing. As far as Watkins is concerned I think he has potential, but understand he’s what a 6th round pick. Should that guy really be starting year two? Like you mentioned he’s a depth player the team can bring out for a wrinkle or two while he develops. He shouldn’t be a starter yet. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wentz always preferred the X and the Slot over the Z WR. He preferred the TEs to all of them.

I do think the production (or lack thereof) is a product of the offense Sirianni has deployed to help Hurts. I'm a little baffled by how little Hurts has tried to spread the ball around. I thought he did a great job there as a rookie --- better at that than Wentz last year. So hopefully at some point, things open up a bit in the passing game and guys like Reagor and Watkins can make the kind of plays we've seen from them in practice and preseason. There's nothing wrong with targeting Smith and nothing wrong with winning games, but I would wager things will get exponentially easier if more players get involved and make plays.

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz always preferred the X and the Slot over the Z WR. He preferred the TEs to all of them.

I do think the production (or lack thereof) is a product of the offense Sirianni has deployed to help Hurts. I'm a little baffled by how little Hurts has tried to spread the ball around. I thought he did a great job there as a rookie --- better at that than Wentz last year. So hopefully at some point, things open up a bit in the passing game and guys like Reagor and Watkins can make the kind of plays we've seen from them in practice and preseason. There's nothing wrong with targeting Smith and nothing wrong with winning games, but I would wager things will get exponentially easier if more players get involved and make plays.

Jalen Reagor’s production has dropped off, because the player wasn’t getting the job done, and the Eagles have drastically decreased the amount of passes they’re now throwing. If Reagor were producing he’d get more touches. In this game he actually had the most targets he’s received since the Tampa game. He had one catch for negative yards. Between punt returns and Kick returns he actually has had a lot of touches though and his production has been poor. Even in his high volume 6 catch performance against the Falcons he only 49 yards. The guy has been a disappointment and it’s no ones fault but his, because when the Eagles were actually throwing the ball 40 times a game he was still basically invisible. Frankly if this was all basically on Sirianni and Hurts I see no way they call a pass for JJAW nor do I see Hurts throwing to him for a big gain. After all why not just throw it to Smith again since he’s the only guy he apparently looks for right?

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

I didn't realize it was quite that bad.  

WR stats.PNG

His YPC is basically around running back numbers. It’s because they don’t have any confidence in him as a receiver so they basically just run screen passes for him and hope it breaks for something. I hope he turns it around, but it hasn’t been a good start at all. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is the interview on WIP on Reagor with his TCU coach Patterson. This wasn’t an interview where his coach just heaped praise on Jalen. 

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/tcu-coach-reagor-offense-hurt

His production, we should have used him a lot more. We probably hurt him in his senior year. When he's into it, he has good hands.

This^ is in the first statement, the coach seemed to praise him and then used key words like " when he is into it". So in other words the dude doesn't give a sheet unless he is involved... Then the coach went back to saying it's their fault Jalen wasn't interested because of how great he could be. 

The next thing they ask him was about route running and he absolutely avoided that question like the plague by saying how much he can squat lmao. 

The next segment was about Jalens character and again says oh he is just a quiet kid but, he's on Twitter to much lmao.So in other words he is disconnected from the locker room and only cares about getting attention on social media. 

Passive aggressive much there coach??? Holy red flags Batman. 

These are all issues he is having right effing now!

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

His production, we should have used him a lot more. We probably hurt him in his senior year. When he's into it, he has good hands.

This^ is in the first statement, the coach seemed to praise him and then used key words like " when he is into it". So in other words the dude doesn't give a sheet unless he is involved... Then the coach went back to saying it's their fault Jalen wasn't interested because of how great he could be. 

The next thing they ask him was about route running and he absolutely avoided that question like the plague by saying how much he can squat lmao. 

The next segment was about Jalens character and again says oh he is just a quiet kid but, he's on Twitter to much lmao.So in other words he is disconnected from the locker room and only cares about getting attention on social media. 

Passive aggressive much there coach??? Holy red flags Batman. 

These are all issues he is having right effing now!

That’s why I posted it. People might want to hit the pause button on blaming Wentz or Hurts for this kids lack of productivity. This was hardly a praise session over Jalen Reagor. This was a warning on what’s to come. 

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s why I posted it. People might want to hit the pause button on blaming Wentz or Hurts for this kids lack of productivity. This was hardly a praise session over Jalen Reagor. This was a warning on what’s to come. 

Definitely a lot of read between the lines qoutes in that one without openly trashing him

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Definitely a lot of read between the lines qoutes in that one without openly trashing him

Anytime you see coaches use terms that question work ethic or motivation there should be pause. Even the comment about him going into the most important audition of his life (the combine) heavier just reminded me of when he came in this year and failed his physical. If he’s not self motivated to become one of the best then he’s never going to be that guy. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anytime you see coaches use terms that question work ethic or motivation there should be pause. Even the comment about him going into the most important audition of his life (the combine) heavier just reminded me of when he came in this year and failed his physical. If he’s not self motivated to become one of the best then he’s never going to be that guy. 

Ahh actually missed that one. The complete avoidance of talking about his route running was the one that blew me away lol

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ahh actually missed that one. The complete avoidance of talking about his route running was the one that blew me away lol

Hey you know what momma always says. If you don’t have something nice to say… 😂

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Reagor’s production has dropped off, because the player wasn’t getting the job done, and the Eagles have drastically decreased the amount of passes they’re now throwing. If Reagor were producing he’d get more touches. In this game he actually had the most targets he’s received since the Tampa game. He had one catch for negative yards. Between punt returns and Kick returns he actually has had a lot of touches though and his production has been poor. Even in his high volume 6 catch performance against the Falcons he only 49 yards. The guy has been a disappointment and it’s no ones fault but his, because when the Eagles were actually throwing the ball 40 times a game he was still basically invisible. Frankly if this was all basically on Sirianni and Hurts I see no way they call a pass for JJAW nor do I see Hurts throwing to him for a big gain. After all why not just throw it to Smith again since he’s the only guy he apparently looks for right?

His production hasn't "dropped off, " It hasn't taken off. Continue to ignore the scheme and game film --- they clearly aren't a factor. :rolleyes: Every WR in the league should be averaging 20 YPR I guess when thrown the ball 3 yards deep in the backfield with no blocking and 2 defenders reading the play and there to make the stop. Reagor hasn't been the only player attempting to return kicks and punts this year. Let me know when those units are executing out there and giving the return man (whoever it is) a chance and not making things worse with penalties). 

I get that it's your opinion that it's all Reagor's fault, that none of this is because in Sirianni's scheme, WRs are asked to be decoys to clear space or asked to set picks and block, that there's only a limited amount of passes all game and more than half the targets go to the WR1 and TE1. Reagor hasn't been perfect and he's made mistakes that have contributed to his numbers. He only has 1 dropped pass on the season. You can dwell on those negative yard plays, but it's not like he took a positive and made a negative. It was a negative from the beginning. One time, he made a 2 yard loss into a 6 yard loss, but holy crap, design some plays where he has a chance to gain yards. 

Archived