JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

This guy is an absolute BUST. Eagles, please dump his embarrassing azzzzz immediately. That is all.

JJAW in 3 seasons: 16 rec, 290 yards, 1 TD

Ja'Marr Chase last week: 11 rec, 266 yards, 3 TD

27 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

JJAW in 3 seasons: 16 rec, 290 yards, 1 TD

Ja'Marr Chase last week: 11 rec, 266 yards, 3 TD

Chase is head and shoulders above the rest of his cohort, even Smith. Granted, he has a really good young QB, but Chase is definitely the real deal at WR. 

Time for JJAW to put that Stanford education to use and find a career he's actually good at bcoz football ain't it.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Chase is head and shoulders above the rest of his cohort, even Smith. Granted, he has a really good young QB, but Chase is definitely the real deal at WR. 

Chase is exceptional, but I wonder how he'd look in an offense like ours where he'd be basically the only reliable receiver and Smith would look in an offense where Tyler Boyd puts up 800yards a year as WR3

2 hours ago, skorch said:

Time for JJAW to put that Stanford education to use and find a career he's actually good at bcoz football ain't it.

Why he landed a roster spot again this year I will never understand

9 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Why he landed a roster spot again this year I will never understand

Apparently his special teams and blocking....yeah i said that..from a 2nd round pick🤭

2 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Apparently his special teams and blocking....yeah i said that..from a 2nd round pick🤭

fine.  then restructure his contract to league minimum and i never, ever want to see him on an offensive play again. 

On 11/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, EazyEaglez said:

At least if they get a veteran receiver it could give Watkins or Reagor time to develop though honestly I don’t have a lot of confidence in Reagor developing. 

I have no idea what you guys are seeing, Watkins is fine as is, all they need to do is call his number.

No reason, or excuse to keep him on the roster.  The drop in the end zoom is simply the last straw.  Just can't understand how the FO justifies using a 2nd round pick on a guy like him.  Someone has to pay a price for making that pick.

Reagor is another WR moving in a wrong direction.  He has performed a bit better than JJAW.  He has not been a favorite target in the offense.  Watkins fairs better than him in that category. Made only a few catches when the ball did come to him.  He needs to pick up his game soon or he will be another wasted pick.

12 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

No reason, or excuse to keep him on the roster.  The drop in the end zone is simply the last straw.  Just can't understand how the FO justifies using a 2nd round pick on a guy like him.  Someone has to pay a price for making that pick.

You couldn't even call it a drop...that implies that he actually got his hands on the ball...he simply reached out somewhere, made a basket with his arms, and the ball fell through, hit him on the chest and fell to the floor...absolutely zero ball awareness!

His one job as a Wide Receiver is to catch a ball...and the one thing he cannot do is, catch a ball! How he is on the roster as a WR, and getting paid $millions to be one, is beyond me...

For what he has done at the WR spot this season, anyone, and I mean literally anyone who is a FA WR right now would be an upgrade at the position...heck, there must be a WR on the practice squad who could take his place...the guy simply has no WR skills whatsoever...

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Chase is exceptional, but I wonder how he'd look in an offense like ours where he'd be basically the only reliable receiver and Smith would look in an offense where Tyler Boyd puts up 800yards a year as WR3

Hard to say because their style of play is different. If pressed, I'd guess he would look better than Smith because he's far more physical and could win inside a lot more. That's because you could send him in there a lot more than Smith without fear of him getting physically destroyed. Smith has a more limited route tree than Chase, but it's out of necessity.

36 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I have no idea what you guys are seeing, Watkins is fine as is, all they need to do is call his number.

Watkins is a young developing receiver in his second year. He hasn’t arrived. He could be better, but my point wasn’t negative about him or Smith so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. 

8 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Disappointed. Would have been really happy for him if he held on to that TD.  That’s as easy of a catch as you’ll ever get and he blew it.

It stems from lack of confidence and also lack of reps.  

Or flat out lack of ability.

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Watkins is a young developing receiver in his second year. He hasn’t arrived. He could be better, but my point wasn’t negative about him or Smith so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. 

The only reason he hasn't arrive is because they haven't called his number enough, I still think he's the best option at WR on the team, with the separation he gets just put it up and let him go get it.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

The only reason he hasn't arrive is because they haven't called his number enough, I still think he's the best option at WR on the team, with the separation he gets just put it up and let him go get it.

Watkins isn’t better than Smith or Goedert. 

I don't understand how he's on the team still. You could find a WR that's good at blocking and can actually catch anywhere else

Howie has been EXTREMELY stubborn with JJAW

Admit you failed and cut him FFS

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Watkins isn’t better than Smith or Goedert. 

I don't want to compare him to a TE but I think he's better than Smith.

Devonta plays too slow, that's why he's not getting any separation worth a damn, he should view footage of Antonio Brown and Stefon Diggs, that's the speed that he should be running is routes, he'd get more separation and cut down on those hits he's taking because the DBs are right on top of him due to his slow route running.  

You've heard many times about him being smooth, what they're really saying is he's playing too slow.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Devonta plays too slow, that's why he's not getting any separation worth a damn, he should view footage of Antonio Brown and Stefon Diggs, that's the speed that he should be running is routes, he'd get more separation and cut down on those hits he's taking because the DBs are right on top of him due to his slow route running.  

You've heard many times about him being smooth, what they're really saying is he's playing too slow.

Mods please move this sheet to the flat Earth thread......

6 hours ago, EagleTen said:

You couldn't even call it a drop...that implies that he actually got his hands on the ball...he simply reached out somewhere, made a basket with his arms, and the ball fell through, hit him on the chest and fell to the floor...absolutely zero ball awareness!

His one job as a Wide Receiver is to catch a ball...and the one thing he cannot do is, catch a ball! How he is on the roster as a WR, and getting paid $millions to be one, is beyond me...

For what he has done at the WR spot this season, anyone, and I mean literally anyone who is a FA WR right now would be an upgrade at the position...heck, there must be a WR on the practice squad who could take his place...the guy simply has no WR skills whatsoever...

Honestly Greg Ward is an upgrade. We all know ward is not special, but he makes catches and finds himself open. I dont even get agitated by it anymore, it is what it is. I actually felt bad for JJAWful last night, he just doesn't have it. The Eagles need to move on.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

You’re wrong, and speed has nothing to do with ability. Smith is the better player period.

As sad as it sounds, the Eagles have spent 7 picks on WRs between 2017-2021 and it's still a top-3 need for the team.

17 minutes ago, metal said:

As sad as it sounds, the Eagles have spent 7 picks on WRs between 2017-2021 and it's still a top-3 need for the team.

If we had the cash I'd splash on Williams or Robinson, I'm not sure we do so I'd be looking to see if guys like Romeo Doubs and Alec Pierce are available on day 3, both over 6 feet and 200lbs one of those 2 would really round out the WR room and make us a nightmare in the redzone with Goedert as well.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re wrong, and speed has nothing to do with ability. Smith is the better player period.

Footspeed and play speed are two difference things and Smith plays slow.

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Devonta plays too slow, that's why he's not getting any separation worth a damn,

:roll:

Do you just purposely pick the most obvious opinions opposite of reality to argue to troll this board? 

Archived