Ongoing Ertz discussion thread (orig 9/15)

Dwide Schrude

Need to trade him while he still has value. He has 15 yards in the last two games. That won't cut it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

What Conference did he come out of?

He biggest wuss conference ever!!!!! There’s almost no reason to be drafting from the pac-12. UCLA and USC will produce decent talent from time to time but it’s a complete wash compared to the garbage that comes from there. 

Ertz, Alshon and DeSean need to go. Trade em for 7th rounders...who cares? JJaw can get cut.  This team is going nowhere this year. Let these young guys get the experience moving forward. And Goedert>>>Ertz overall anyway. I want to see Sanders, Reagor, Fulgham, Ward and Goedert with Hightower and Watkins in reserve. 

• Like 1

I am with you all. Trade him as soon as you can for anything of value (a 2nd? Probably a 3rd) because his value is still kinda high now. 

45 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Was it just me who saw him standing next to Carson throwing his hands up in the air when Wentz threw the INT? He did not look happy. 

I saw that too. It also seemed like Carson was ignoring him. 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Dude, f Guarantano. He's trash. Because of him the Vols can't beat the top SEC teams

How did Jarrett Guarantano's name get into this? 

That kid is one of the biggest off the field jokes in the history of New Jersey high school sports' history. I'll never forget when Campanile benched him and he literally, in front of thousands of people, is f-bombing Nunzio Campanile  and then the principle and a priest at Bergen Catholic in front of everyone while Jim (his dad) is trying to start a fist fight with Nunz. 🤣🤣 They throw him out and the football coach at Lodi High School does not want him on the team. They tell him you're welcome to come to our school, but you won't play football here. Just wow. 

For some insane reason, BC took him back. He wasn't even good. One of the most curious recruits in the history of New Jersey recruiting. 

Sorry, his name makes me crack up. I've never met someone in North Jersey that has a good word to say about anyone in the family. 

• Haha 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I saw that too. It also seemed like Carson was ignoring him. 😂

Ok, I thought I may be crazy. Carson just looked to be watching film and maybe not even seeing it. Ertz definitely looked heated though. 

Ertz last 2 games:  5 receptions for 15 yards.  

Richard Rodgers last 2 games:  4 receptions for 53 yards.

And that's a couple games with an opportunity to step up since the TE #1A/2 in Goedert is out.  You're the #1 TE and practically a WR and this is all you can produce?  Now I know some of it is on the play calling, but if you're looking for Kelce/Kittle money then you need to do much better.  

• Like 1

Does he really think ANY team in the NFL is going to give him a big contract after this years effort. 

16 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Does he really think ANY team in the NFL is going to give him a big contract after this years effort. 

I don’t think he wants to play for another team. Unfortunately I don’t think he realizes his efforts won’t keep him here either. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think he wants to play for another team. Unfortunately I don’t think he realizes his efforts won’t keep him here either. 

I agree with this. I believe his heart is right here but the contract situation is really affecting him on the field, which is a big mistake in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

I agree with this. I believe his heart is right here but the contract situation is really affecting him on the field, which is a big mistake in my opinion. 

His play has done nothing but justify the Eagles stance. Even if they approach him now for a deal it would be for significantly lower money than they offered previously.

• Like 1

Not sure what's going on with him this year. Even in past years when teams have tried to take him away he was still able to get open and catch pretty much everything that came his way. I think he was pissed there wasn't a flag on that play today. He's been MIA in the red zone which is really odd.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

How did Jarrett Guarantano's name get into this? 

That kid is one of the biggest off the field jokes in the history of New Jersey high school sports' history. I'll never forget when Campanile benched him and he literally, in front of thousands of people, is f-bombing Nunzio Campanile  and then the principle and a priest at Bergen Catholic in front of everyone while Jim (his dad) is trying to start a fist fight with Nunz. 🤣🤣 They throw him out and the football coach at Lodi High School does not want him on the team. They tell him you're welcome to come to our school, but you won't play football here. Just wow. 

For some insane reason, BC took him back. He wasn't even good. One of the most curious recruits in the history of New Jersey recruiting. 

Sorry, his name makes me crack up. I've never met someone in North Jersey that has a good word to say about anyone in the family. 

My guy @mjkvol and I were talking Vols football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

Preaching to the choir.         As soon as he was named the starter this season, it had 5-5, 6-4 written all over it.           Great kid, fantastic attitude and work ethic - just can't play.

They have a good team too. Top 10 defense. Grey and Chandler could be the best duo in the country. Ishtty qb

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

He’s the biggest wuss I’ve seen as a TE. Dudes just a big diva WR. 

Remember his first 2 or 3 years when he caught a pass he would just go down.  No effort to try and get extra yards or break tackles.  

I appreciate him for the SB run but he's a finesse, possession TE.

• Like 1

He promised to play like it was his last season here.  He’s moving up to that promise cuz it’s certainly looking like it’s his last year.  

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

Remember his first 2 or 3 years when he caught a pass he would just go down.  No effort to try and get extra yards or break tackles.  

I appreciate him for the SB run but he's a finesse, possession TE.

I've never been fully behind Ertz because he's such a wuss. This year just proves he's a selfish arsehole. Him and his big head wife can piss off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

If he really wants to stay here then give the Eagles a home team discount. You can’t have it both ways. The Eagles just don’t have the cap space and need some relief. 

• Like 1

He looks and seems disinterested. Kind of like, yeah whatever happens, happens.

I wonder if he is intentionally trying to get traded with his half azzed effort? 

4 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

If he really wants to stay here then give the Eagles a home team discount. You can’t have it both ways. The Eagles just don’t have the cap space and need some relief. 

That and Ertz isnt anywhere near Kittle or Kelce.  Not even close.

Honestly, I might prefer a few other TEs at this point over Ertz.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

He’s doing the same crap Jackson did years ago during a contract year. This was surprising. I didn’t expect that from him. Just disappointed 

100% agree. I said the same thing a week ago.