Ongoing Ertz discussion thread (orig 9/15)

Dwide Schrude

Ertz has always been a big WR as he wasn't a very good blocker, now that he's not even trying as a blocker he's just a big slow receiver giving minimal effort☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

Does he really think ANY team in the NFL is going to give him a big contract after this years effort. 

It happens, disgruntled players get signed elsewhere. Teams often understand that. He's a talented top TE in the league. His production may reduce the amount of money a bit, but he'll be fine.

Definitely time to move on from him and roll with Goedert. Hopefully he stays healthy after he returns. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

That and Ertz isnt anywhere near Kittle or Kelce.  Not even close.

Honestly, I might prefer a few other TEs at this point over Ertz.

I honestly never thought I would ever be at that point with Ertz...yet, here I am. Kittle and Kelce both are beasts and are on pace to have another 1000 receiving yards for the season....

16 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

He looks and seems disinterested. Kind of like, yeah whatever happens, happens.

I wonder if he is intentionally trying to get traded with his half azzed effort? 

I’d say it’s more likely he’s playing to not get hurt.  I can’t blame him. Hard to get paid when you’re on the IR.  

9 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I honestly never thought I would ever be at that point with Ertz...yet, here I am. Kittle and Kelce both are beasts and are on pace to have another 1000 receiving yards for the season....

Even during Ertz best years I always thought there were better TEs around the league.  He was never a top TE.  

Goedert should be the main target when he comes back.  More dynamic player and better blocker.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Was it just me who saw him standing next to Carson throwing his hands up in the air when Wentz threw the INT? He did not look happy. 

I think that had more to do with the fact that he was hit off his route just as Wentz threw the ball, resulting in an easy interception. One of the many penalties the refs missed today. 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Trade him while you can.

I love Ertz, but we aren’t contending this year and a trade could help fill one of our many holes on this team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I think that had more to do with the fact that he was hit off his route just as Wentz threw the ball, resulting in an easy interception. One of the many penalties the refs missed today. 

If you look at what I wrote and then my follow ups, I wasn't really indicating that I thought he was mad at Carson, the weather or anything. Simply that it wasn't something you see much. 

He's clearly frustrated. 

If I bring my opinion into it, I actually thought it was a terrible pass by Wentz and that Ertz got manhandled inside of 5 yards, so that was fair. I would trade both of them (if Carson isn't a $50 million cap hit next year. none of us have figured that out)

41 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

That and Ertz isnt anywhere near Kittle or Kelce.  Not even close.

Honestly, I might prefer a few other TEs at this point over Ertz.

I prefer one we already have on the team. It’s time to move on from Alshon, DeSean, Ertz, Peters. It’s time for Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower, Goedert, Mailata, etc. They need a true youth movement, and in a lost season like this one, that on field experience is priceless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

My guy @mjkvol and I were talking Vols football

😂

I just didn't see the opening quote. That kid was a hot mess in high school. I'm shocked he ended up even playing in college. Was always an athlete though. Dad was good at football. Think he played TE or WR at Rutgers. Can't remember. 

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I prefer one we already have on the team. It’s time to move on from Alshon, DeSean, Ertz, Peters. It’s time for Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower, Goedert, Mailata, etc. They need a true youth movement, and in a lost season like this one, that on field experience is priceless. 

Well said.  Couldnt agree more.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Well said.  Couldnt agree more.  

I just see no point to hanging on to hope that these old dudes are gonna step in and make us a contender. At best they win the division and lose to a hot wildcard. They need to get these kids experience and if they get a top 15 draft position out of it, all the better. 

I hate being that fan. But this dude has clearly given up. And also seems very upset with Wentz. Lemme fill you in on something Ertz. As much as Wentz has sucked, you're not doing anything to make it better. Like I said a week or 2 ago. This is like Djax all over again. I hate when players do this. Only showing up bc he has to.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I just see no point to hanging on to hope that these old dudes are gonna step in and make us a contender. At best they win the division and lose to a hot wildcard. They need to get these kids experience and if they get a top 15 draft position out of it, all the better. 

They are playing young guys at WR and the O-line except center.  Hopefully they keep them in there.

Goedert needs to be the #1 TE when he comes back.

Outside of Sanders, theyve gotten nothing from the other RBs.

LBs need an overhaul.  Gerry and Riley arent good.  They have some youth with Bradley, Singleton, Taylor and Edward's although he's injured.

Secondary isnt good outside of Slay and from time to time Leblanc.

I thought the D-line needs some youth too but Avery and Sweat have been good.  Graham is still solid but aging. Barnett is up and down.  Cox is still good but not dominant anymore.  I'd like to see Ostman and Toohill get opportunities too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

They are playing young guys at WR and the O-line except center.  Hopefully they keep them in there.

Goedert needs to be the #1 TE when he comes back.

Outside of Sanders, theyve gotten nothing from the other RBs.

LBs need an overhaul.  Gerry and Riley arent good.  They have some youth with Bradley, Singleton, Taylor and Edward's although he's injured.

Secondary isnt good outside of Slay and from time to time Leblanc.

I thought the D-line needs some youth too but Avery and Sweat have been good.  Graham is still solid but aging. Barnett is up and down.  Cox is still good but not dominant anymore.  I'd like to see Ostman and Toohill get opportunities too.

There is not one thing I disagree with here. Boston Scott looked promising last year but he is clearly no Darren Sproles. I still cannot figure out what happened to Cox so frickin fast....he goes from the most dominant in the league to just eh...

I have always hated Mills...that just continues

Agreed, Sweat particularly has been pretty good....

I think today has shown who the WR corps should be....

15 receiving yards the last 2 games total! Enough said 

Ertz and Howie have a falling out over money, Goedert is then the featured tight end until he gets hurt and now Ertz doesn’t get the ball. Been around too long not to smell a rat.

1 minute ago, Runtherock said:

Ertz and Howie have a falling out over money, Goedert is then the featured tight end until he gets hurt and now Ertz doesn’t get the ball. Been around too long not to smell a rat.

Was Ertz the snitch all along? Not Alshon? 

Just now, phil77 said:

The bad thing is I think it is too late

We've lost a ton of leverage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Was Ertz the snitch all along? Not Alshon? 

I don't buy that one second. Ertz and Wentz have been good friends, bonded over their religious faith.  The last 2 years people complained he threw to Ertz too much and didn't spread the ball around which they assumed Jeffrey was upset about. 

I view this as frustration over being a top TE in the league yet them drafting Goedert and he sees the writing on the wall. Arguing in public at practice with Howie isn't about Wentz. He knows they will move on with Goedert, so he wants to demand more money so they'll trade him to a team that wants to extend him. Or leave as a free agent for his last chance at a big contract.

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't buy that one second. Ertz and Wentz have been good friends, bonded over their religious faith.  The last 2 years people complained he threw to Ertz too much and didn't spread the ball around which they assumed Jeffrey was upset about. 

I view this as frustration over being a top TE in the league yet them drafting Goedert and he sees the writing on the wall. Arguing in public at practice with Howie isn't about Wentz. He knows they will move on with Goedert, so he wants to demand more money so they'll trade him to a team that wants to extend him. Or leave as a free agent for his last chance at a big contract.

I'm just joking man.