GDT: LA Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 9/20 @1pm EST

EagleJoe8

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

Didn't watch the game but I take it Wentz sucked again. My question is wtf happened on defense? They couldn't stop a nose bleed

Have you watched many games in the last 2 years? Not sure why your surprised the defense sucks. 

58 minutes ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Yeah but up two scores with 3 min left. 

Like Doug said, as recently as last week, never take your foot off the gas.

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

Didn't watch the game but I take it Wentz sucked again. My question is wtf happened on defense? They couldn't stop a nose bleed

Yeah both. OL and running game actually provided a bit of a boost but D and Wentz crapped the bed today.

Thats 2 in a row now for Wentz where he has looked off. He needs to get it corrected quick.

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m sorry but there were some of us on this board that said this team is not a good team back in April. We need to quit living in the past. The last two years the Eagles were extremely lucky To make the playoffs. They needed cousins to self destruct. They needed to play three of the worst teams in football and dak to have a bad shoulder to win the division which was one of the worst divisions in the last decade. That team was not a 9-7 team. They played in any other division they would be a seven win team.

this team has been regressing for the last two years and it’s finally caught up to them having bad 2017 draft. And only having Miles Sanders from 2019. Add on the 2014 and 2015 draft classes which nobody is on the roster. You can’t sustain excellence and winning without drafting well. Especially not when you keep handing out bad contracts. Show me a free agent signing the Eagles have made since 2018? They have been awful at signing free agents since the Sb on top of bad drafting

It’s a tough pill to swallow, but it’s the truth.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

That’s what happens when you hand a top 5 QB contract to an average (at best) quarterback. 

Bigger issue is when your GM, can’t draft, can’t make good trades, can’t sign good free agents, and overpays old players, because he can’t replace them. 

2 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

they’re just as bad as our sheety QB 

Nothing lasts forever, I'll always be grateful for 2017, but it seems like the deep systemic flaws of this team are coming to light and the rebuild might be coming this offseason.

It's still early, let's see how this team responds next week 

8 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

What was with the D-JAX drops today? Sad to see.

I only recall one that was catchable that he dropped.  Not a great throw by Wentz, he had to dive out but hit him in the hands and he couldn't haul it in.  The rest of the targets his way were either caught, or were 10 feet over his head or at his ankles. 

43 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

or were 10 feet over his head or at his ankles. 

What and he can't leap 10 ft in the air to grab it? Jeez thanks DeSean. 

😉

The best way for me to cope with poor Eagles play is to do something productive while watching the game. It helps me to not focus 100% on the game so if/when they lose I don’t feel I lost 3 hours of my day just to me miserable. I’m not happy about yesterday’s game, but at least I finish painting the fence!

1 hour ago, Columbus Eagle said:

The best way for me to cope with poor Eagles play is to do something productive while watching the game. It helps me to not focus 100% on the game so if/when they lose I don’t feel I lost 3 hours of my day just to me miserable. I’m not happy about yesterday’s game, but at least I finish painting the fence!

I've broken my rule for next week. Never bet against the Eagles. But with the Bengals opening at +6.5 I couldn't resist. I mean we could still win of course we can but if we do I don't think it's by much. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bigger issue is when your GM, can’t draft, can’t make good trades, can’t sign good free agents, and overpays old players, because he can’t replace them. 

when irritates me more is that these players on the block were young impact players,  does it mean this team will win a sb? no but at least they would had pieces to rebuild around and not having to start from the ground and up which is what howie has put this team in now.

This organization is rotten from the top down.  

roster is too old and still too heavily SB 52 nostalgia based.   Poor drafting has caught up.   Doug let all of his smart innovative coaches leave and surrounded himself with yes men.   Carson is lost.   Defense and Schwartz need a total rebuild.   Howie is a clown.  

it’s all bad.  

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yes. Anyone who thought this was a 10-6 team was living a fantasy. Those are probably the guys having temper tantrums now. 

I thought 8-8, after last week I thought 7-9, and after this week I think maybe even 6-10. We'll see. But there's too much age and not enough talent on this post. I'd say there's less than 10 guys that should be here in two years.  

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

Yes. Anyone who thought this was a 10-6 team was living a fantasy. Those are probably the guys having temper tantrums now. 

I thought 8-8, after last week I thought 7-9, and after this week I think maybe even 6-10. We'll see. But there's too much age and not enough talent on this post. I'd say there's less than 10 guys that should be here in two years.  

By next season I expect mass changes to the roster. There isn’t much more salary pushbacks Howie can make. At some point you have to pay the piper and it’s not like this team is showing it’s good enough to compete. I thought they were a 9 win 10 max type team. Right now they look like they would be lucky to win 2 games. 

4 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Just chalk every game up as a loss, barely pay attention to it, and be surprised if they win. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

By next season I expect mass changes to the roster. There isn’t much more salary pushbacks Howie can make. At some point you have to pay the piper and it’s not like this team is showing it’s good enough to compete. I thought they were a 9 win 10 max type team. Right now they look like they would be lucky to win 2 games. 

The reckoning will mean saying goodbye to a lot of guys. JP, Alshon, Kelce, Brooks, Ertz, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Graham, McLeod, maybe Lane, maybe Fletcher, maybe Derek Barnett.

The only guys that definitely should be on the team in two years are Wentz, Sanders, Goedert, Seumalo, Slay. Probably Reagor and Hargrave. Maybe Dillard, Herbig, Pryor, Mailata, Driscoll, Maddox, and Mills. Maybe some other draft picks or free agents who step up. 

A lot of turnover is coming. Just too many old guys. 

10 wins was always too much. That was crazy talk. So is 2 wins. Unless Wentz or a couple other key guys go down, this should be a 4-win team at least. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

The reckoning will mean saying goodbye to a lot of guys. JP, Alshon, Kelce, Brooks, Ertz, DeSean Jackson, Brandon Graham, McLeod, maybe Lane, maybe Fletcher, maybe Derek Barnett.

The only guys that definitely should be on the team in two years are Wentz, Sanders, Goedert, Seumalo, Slay. Probably Reagor and Hargrave. Maybe Dillard, Herbig, Pryor, Mailata, Driscoll, Maddox, and Mills. Maybe some other draft picks or free agents who step up. 

I read the Eagles are 80 mil over the cap with only 41 players under contract and they also have a large amount of money committed to dead cap space already. As it is for now the Eagles only have 7 picks in the 2021 draft, but that can obviously change depending if they buy or sell at the trade deadline. As it stands now it doesn’t seem like they have enough picks to overcome the amount of losses. 

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I read the Eagles are 80 mil over the cap with only 41 players under contract and they also have a large amount of money committed to dead cap space already. As it is for now the Eagles only have 7 picks in the 2021 draft, but that can obviously change depending if they buy or sell at the trade deadline. As it stands now it doesn’t seem like they have enough picks to overcome the amount of losses. 

I think if we are 4 wins or less at the halfway point, we are sellers.  Say bye to Ertz, McLeod, Alshon, etc.  I think it's time.  We need a youth movement here desperately, and someone else in charge of the draft.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think if we are 4 wins or less at the halfway point, we are sellers.  Say bye to Ertz, McLeod, Alshon, etc.  I think it's time.  We need a youth movement here desperately, and someone else in charge of the draft.

That might be the case and it’s probably the right thing to do, but I still don’t trust the guy making the draft selections. 

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

No one wants Alshon or he would be gone already. McLeod was a FA with no bites and many safeties on the market still so he has no value for a trade. Ertz is ur only ticket out of those 3 listed

On 9/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, VeeMak said:

You guys must literally not watch Clemson play.  Looks nothing like your description.  That’s laughable.

The photo that was posted not his play.

Archived