GDT: LA Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 9/20 @1pm EST

EagleJoe8

Im not sure why most people are upset. Most felt this team was a sub .500 team and not many picked for us to win the game. Why people are so mad when they expected it makes it even more funny.

We've seen a lot of bad games and a lot of depressing game day threads on this board over the years but it's been a long time since we've had a GDT where the collective wanted to clean house in the middle of the 2nd game of the season. That's how you know it's gonna be a long year. I say it every year...as far as the defense goes, I'm still not sold on Schwartz. Just, I don't know...something always feels like a Chinese fire drill since he took over...even when they were winning.

Just now, dawkdaballhawk said:

Cardinals wrecking the football team. 

i mean, all it takes is playing us this year for any other team to look like they're fielding an all-pro roster.  heck, carson will gift basket a db a ball or two..  if they ask real nice, it'll be gift two, get a third on the house. :thumbsup:

Just now, dawkdaballhawk said:

MODS: Please crash the database again so we never have to be reminded of this game.

Thanks

so, 14 more weekly crashes then? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Mauserbob said:

We've seen a lot of bad games and a lot of depressing game day threads on this board over the years but it's been a long time since we've had a GDT where the collective wanted to clean house in the middle of the 2nd game of the season. That's how you know it's gonna be a long year. I say it every year...as far as the defense goes, I'm still not sold on Schwartz. Just, I don't know...something always feels like a Chinese fire drill since he took over...even when they were winning.

I’m sorry but there were some of us on this board that said this team is not a good team back in April. We need to quit living in the past. The last two years the Eagles were extremely lucky To make the playoffs. They needed cousins to self destruct. They needed to play three of the worst teams in football and dak to have a bad shoulder to win the division which was one of the worst divisions in the last decade. That team was not a 9-7 team. They played in any other division they would be a seven win team.

this team has been regressing for the last two years and it’s finally caught up to them having bad 2017 draft. And only having Miles Sanders from 2019. Add on the 2014 and 2015 draft classes which nobody is on the roster. You can’t sustain excellence and winning without drafting well. Especially not when you keep handing out bad contracts. Show me a free agent signing the Eagles have made since 2018? They have been awful at signing free agents since the Sb on top of bad drafting

1 minute ago, CHIP72 said:

The Eagles defensive line played its worst game in a long time today.

They aren't as good as advertised either. News flash neither is fletcher cox. People are scheming against guys like Arron donald cox is an after thought. 

2 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

The Eagles defensive line played its worst game in a long time today.

But But. Barnett and Hargaves addition was to make a difference. What happened? 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They aren't as good as advertised either. News flash neither is fletcher cox. People are scheming against guys like Arron donald cox is an after thought. 

Realistically Fletcher Cox has not looked like Fletcher Cox since that 2018 divisional playoff game against the Saints. That was the last time he was super dominant in a game. He’s not a bad player. He’s just not great anymore. He’s good but getting paid like he is great

15 minutes ago, tuffstuff07 said:

Not quite Atlanta is gonna Atlanta 

So you are saying "Look at the bright side, we are ALL losers." Ok, I see the light at the end of the tunnel- it's an F ing freight train!!

oncoming-train.jpg

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m sorry but there were some of us on this board that said this team is not a good team back in April. We need to quit living in the past. The last two years the Eagles were extremely lucky To make the playoffs. They needed cousins to self destruct. They needed to play three of the worst teams in football and dak to have a bad shoulder to win the division which was one of the worst divisions in the last decade. That team was not a 9-7 team. They played in any other division they would be a seven win team.

this team has been regressing for the last two years and it’s finally caught up to them having bad 2017 draft. And only having Miles Sanders from 2019. Add on the 2014 and 2015 draft classes which nobody is on the roster. You can’t sustain excellence and winning without drafting well. Especially not when you keep handing out bad contracts. Show me a free agent signing the Eagles have made since 2018? They have been awful at signing free agents since the Sb on top of bad drafting

That’s what happens when you hand a top 5 QB contract to an average (at best) quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don't be sorry. I agree 100%. I've been ****ing about the draft busts here for years. The piper always comes calling to collect eventually.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Realistically Fletcher Cox has not looked like Fletcher Cox since that 2018 divisional playoff game against the Saints. That was the last time he was super dominant in a game. He’s not a bad player. He’s just not great anymore. He’s good but getting paid like he is great

Agreed, Cox has made some great plays and has done some things that makes this team great but, no where close to as good as some lineman

In other news Fletcher Cox has been severely underwhelming. For what he’s getting paid I expect a lot more from him.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

In other news Fletcher Cox has been severely underwhelming. For what he’s getting paid I expect a lot more from him.

Agreed and I would argue he never has .....

Way too many on the D were hands on hips, huffing and puffing early to mid 2nd quarter. Not a good sign.

27 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

We do know that ever since the eagles drafted Hurts, Wentz started his funk. We do know that he is making mistakes that even some rookies don't make-in year 5, and THAT is why people are getting sick of him. Year 5 and you don't even have the fundamentals down- EVERY game. THAT is what pissed most people off. He isn't putting in the work, or the work he puts in just isn't cutting it. Something is wrong and needs to change. 5 years. Rookie mistakes all over the place. You tell me, peeps.

Since they drafted Hurts? This funk is hardly just 2 games. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

he’s getting paid

and that's all that matters to cox now, production is just an afterthought at the moment.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed and I would argue he never has .....

He’s stealing money right now, and Nate Gerry is the best linebacker on this squad. So many bad mistakes made by this GM.    

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Dallas isn’t 0-2 just yet. 

Oops

23 minutes ago, tuffstuff07 said:

Not quite Atlanta is gonna Atlanta 

Yeeeep

Archived