Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

7 hours ago, What The F said:

Not worried about overheating it in there? 

Meh, the back is open. I was at first but it doesn't seem to be getting very hot in there after a few hours of play and downloading yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Can these things download/install in a sleep mode? Looks like my default was 1hr so I wake up today (after leaving this running when I went to bed) to find like nothing downloaded/installed yet. 

6556E854-825D-431E-8101-F9AC2BEF24CE.jpeg

I think there's a setting for that. Might need gold though.

4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think there's a setting for that. Might need gold though.

I opted for the $1 30 day "ultimate” that comes with every new console (guessing: as my Black Friday one s from last year had the same thing on first boot up). So with the other one I got digitally for $9ish the other day for 1mo, I can stack up to 2 months of Xbox play aka spending more time selecting games to install and waiting on their slowass installation that hours I’ll actually spend playing games on this thing :roll: 

6 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Meh, the back is open. I was at first but it doesn't seem to be getting very hot in there after a few hours of play and downloading yesterday. 

Actually moved it out of there today after thinking about it all day. Now its kind of behind the TV but whatever it doesnt look bad. You just dont know it's there. Now its in the open air at least.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Actually moved it out of there today after thinking about it all day. Now its kind of behind the TV but whatever it doesnt look bad. You just dont know it's there. Now its in the open air at least.

That's good. Less embarrassment if you have people over. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

That's good. Less embarrassment if you have people over. 

Thanks to covid no ones ever coming over again. So don’t need to be ashamed of my console. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Can these things download/install in a sleep mode? Looks like my default was 1hr so I wake up today (after leaving this running when I went to bed) to find like nothing downloaded/installed yet. 

6556E854-825D-431E-8101-F9AC2BEF24CE.jpeg

Yes they install in rest mode.

Think ill make the switch from PS to Xbox for once. Xbox specs are better and frankly, dont care much for better titles under PS when i just play FPS & sports games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Think ill make the switch from PS to Xbox for once. Xbox specs are better and frankly, dont care much for better titles under PS when i just play FPS & sports games.

There have been articles comparing like-for-like games on both platforms and it seems like PS is edging out so far. I will see if I can re-find article 

v quick!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-first-xbox-series-x-and-ps5-game-comparison-shows-surprising-results/1100-6484331/ 

With the Xbox Series X and PS5 now both available, the next generation has officially kicked off. Despite that, there are surprisingly few games that make exclusive use of both new consoles, which makes early comparisons a bit tricky. Thankfully Devil May Cry V: Special Edition is only for new hardware, and the performance across them is quite surprising.

Digital Foundry has published its findings after playing Devil May Cry V on PS5 and Xbox Series X, going through all four of the game's rendering and performance modes. Despite the Xbox Series X's better performance on paper, the real-world findings show that the gap can sometimes be smaller and larger than expected.

In the game's Normal mode, for example, both the Xbox Series X and PS5 are tasked with rendering Devil May Cry V at a native 4K with an unlocked frame rate. In this scenario both consoles perform well, with only minor dips below 60fps. But it's also here where the Series X enjoys its biggest performance lead, with an average of 8% more frames-per-second than the PS5.

Things start getting weird with the High Frame Rate mode, which knocks the resolution down to 1080p to try and push the frame rate up to 120fps. The reality is that neither console can reach that, with the average hovering around 100fps most of the time. But curiously the PS5 manages to be significantly faster in most of the tested gameplay scenarios, with Digital Foundry suggesting this might be due to some unknown API bottleneck.

The other two visual modes enable ray tracing, with either performance or quality in mind. With performance selected the resolution is still at 1080p, and here both the Xbox Series X and PS5 perform most similarly. The Series X features some advantages, but its lead is reduced when compared to Normal mode. With quality selected the resolution is knocked back up to 4K and ray tracing really takes a toll, with the game barely hitting 60fps. Here the PS5 again manages to best the Series X in some like-for-like scenarios, but Digital Foundry notes that the difference between the two is usually as small as 2-3 frame-per-second.

There's not a broad conclusion to be surmised from a single game's testing, but it's an early indicator that both consoles have some surprises in store with regards to performance that listed specifications can't convey. With more Xbox Series X and PS5 exclusives expected soon the differences between the two will start coming into focus more clearly. You can check out our PS5 order guide to help find the console as well. You will need a little luck.

New blackops looks pretty good on the series X. The zombies mode is wild and a lot of fun so far. Really brings me back to the zombies modes of old.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, Agent23 said:

I opted for the $1 30 day "ultimate” that comes with every new console (guessing: as my Black Friday one s from last year had the same thing on first boot up). So with the other one I got digitally for $9ish the other day for 1mo, I can stack up to 2 months of Xbox play aka spending more time selecting games to install and waiting on their slowass installation that hours I’ll actually spend playing games on this thing :roll: 

I'm not really into the ultimate and game pass thing.  I got a trial for cheap so I tried it.  Bought an external HD and got another trial of ultimate.  When my Live Gold ran out I bought a 12 month card to renew.  When putting the code in they gave me 4 months of Game pass Ultimate instead.  Not really what I wanted.  So it expired this month and i wasnt going to renew Game pass Ultimate or Live Gold.  Dont really use them.  I do have EA play and paid for a year so it expired in July 2021.  I checked the other day and my EA Play was canceled and instead they extended Game Pass Ultimate until February 2021.   I dont want Game Pass Ultimate but I keep getting extended while they shorten what I did want which was EA play.  Xbox drives me nuts.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, EagleMatt said:

Same here.  I mostly play FPS and sports games.  I want a PS5 but I'm gonna wait awhile.  Eventually I'll get both but I'm more comfortable with the PS controller.  But I dont think we'll see what these consoles can really do for another 3 years.

Every day Walmart repeatedly is having multiple time windows to pre-order Xbox and PlayStation... yet my Series S ordered 57 days ago still isn't showing up until *checks watch* tomorrow.

When the F are people supposed to be receiving these units their selling online this week and last? Sometime in 2021?!?

34 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

I got an S from Walmart I ordered 3 days later last week.  

They are so ghey

24 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

They are so ghey

True dat, you are getting the same sheet as last gen

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True dat, you are getting the same sheet as last gen

Series S

• CPU: Eight-core 3.6GHz (3.4GHz with SMT) custom AMD 7nm
  • GPU: 4 teraflops at 1.550GHz 
  • RAM: 10GB GDDR6 
  • Framerate: Up to 120 fps 
  • Resolution: 1440p with 4K upscaling 
  • Optical: No disk drive 
  • Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD 

Xbox one s

• CPU: Eight-core 1.75GHz Jaguar CPU
  • GPU: 1.23 teraflops at 914MHz
  • RAM: 8GB GDDR3
  • Framerate: Up to 60fps
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Optical: 4K HD Blu-Ray Drive
  • Storage: 1TB HDD

So no. Not the same sheet.

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Every day Walmart repeatedly is having multiple time windows to pre-order Xbox and PlayStation... yet my Series S ordered 57 days ago still isn't showing up until *checks watch* tomorrow.

When the F are people supposed to be receiving these units their selling online this week and last? Sometime in 2021?!?

I read there will be shortages until April

7 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Series S

• CPU: Eight-core 3.6GHz (3.4GHz with SMT) custom AMD 7nm
  • GPU: 4 teraflops at 1.550GHz 
  • RAM: 10GB GDDR6 
  • Framerate: Up to 120 fps 
  • Resolution: 1440p with 4K upscaling 
  • Optical: No disk drive 
  • Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD 

Xbox one s

• CPU: Eight-core 1.75GHz Jaguar CPU
  • GPU: 1.23 teraflops at 914MHz
  • RAM: 8GB GDDR3
  • Framerate: Up to 60fps
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Optical: 4K HD Blu-Ray Drive
  • Storage: 1TB HDD

So no. Not the same sheet.

I wasn't comparing it to the last gen digital version I was comparing it to the last gen xbox one X

• CPU: Eight-core 2.3GHz custom AMD.
  • GPU: Six teraflops 1172 MHz.
  • RAM: 12GB GDDR5.
  • Frame rate: Up to 60 fps.
  • Resolution: Up to 4K.
  • Optical: HD Blu-Ray disk drive.
  • Storage: 1TB HDD.

Which is a lot closer and better in some areas. Also a lot of xbox game reviewers and fans are saying makes the Xbox series S not worth it. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wasn't comparing it to the last gen digital version I was comparing it to the last gen xbox one X

• CPU: Eight-core 2.3GHz custom AMD.
  • GPU: Six teraflops 1172 MHz.
  • RAM: 12GB GDDR5.
  • Frame rate: Up to 60 fps.
  • Resolution: Up to 4K.
  • Optical: HD Blu-Ray disk drive.
  • Storage: 1TB HDD.

Which is a lot closer and better in some areas. Also a lot of xbox game reviewers and fans are saying makes the Xbox series S not worth it. 

the CPU is the only thing the Series S has going for it. The One X is still based off the 2013 architecture... just more powerful than the original. I think a lot of the "heavy lifting" gets done there... so the Series S will probably run some things a bit more smoothly, but overall I agree the Series S is closer to the "One X" than it is to the Series X. 

25 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

the CPU is the only thing the Series S has going for it. The One X is still based off the 2013 architecture... just more powerful than the original. I think a lot of the "heavy lifting" gets done there... so the Series S will probably run some things a bit more smoothly, but overall I agree the Series S is closer to the "One X" than it is to the Series X. 

Yes and so it makes sense to maybe get a one x in a bundle for 200 bucks then it is to buy a series S with no games at this stage of the game. I believe microsoft even said they expect series S to pick up more sales down the line 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes and so it makes sense to maybe get a one x in a bundle for 200 bucks then it is to buy a series S with no games at this stage of the game. I believe microsoft even said they expect series S to pick up more sales down the line 

They discontinued one x a few weeks back so not she’s bundles for that exist now. 

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

They discontinued one x a few weeks back so not she’s bundles for that exist now. 

Really? That's odd. I would think they could still sell a decent amount yet. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Really? That's odd. I would think they could still sell a decent amount yet. 

Was the same price as the now Series X so probably didn’t want to cut into sales of that 

• Like 1