Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

My confirmed appointment pickup time with BestBuy is 730am, but the store doesn't open until 9am. Not sure if I should make the trip over there for the appointment time or just wait until 9am to go. Don't want to drive over to find out they aren't open and have to go back.

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

This thing really is massive. 

F0970267-5D70-416C-A1E7-6EBB44403A6C.jpeg

Width wise they're not too bad. It's just the height that makes it look freaking huge.

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

Width wise they're not too bad. It's just the height that makes it look freaking huge.

Yeah will just take some getting used to visually. Doesn't look bad though. It is very quiet.

7 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yeah will just take some getting used to visually. Doesn't look bad though. It is very quiet.

We didn't have any left over consoles. Not sure when the replen is coming in. I think I'll hold off anyway because I need to upgrade my TV to make it worth the upgrade 

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Holy sweet Jesus, that looks massive.

It's not small.

39 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

I am a member there, wonder if they will do the same for PS5. Might grab an extra one to resell once people get desperate for them 

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Agreed brah. I thought they stopped making those gigantic cable boxes in the 90s 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Agreed brah. I thought they stopped making those gigantic cable boxes in the 90s 

LOL Yeah idk what's up with Verizon Fios and their giant box. Comcast has the better boxes but I hate them.

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

LOL Yeah idk what's up with Verizon Fios and their giant box. Comcast has the better boxes but I hate them.

Reminds me I need to call Directv and "suspend” my account for my move... last time I did so I think it was like up to 6 months it could be put on pause. Which also means I’ll have to make sure my moves box all my ish up together since those move with me

I should have jumped on the Costco deal, these are selling for $700 to $800 on FB easily it seems.  

My Xboc just arrived about 10 mins ago. The cardboard box/packaging actually smaller than I expected. Microsoft has their logo on the underside of the cardboard flaps you flip open when unboxing the outer box the console ships inside of. 

21 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

I should have jumped on the Costco deal, these are selling for $700 to $800 on FB easily it seems.  

I'm thinking I can unbox mine, F around with a little bit... maybe take use of this 1-month X-Box Ultimate I have... and STILL sell it afterwards for a profit :lol:

But PS5 is out in 2 days so I don't even see myself getting enough usage out of the Xboc in 1mo even if I did go that route... 

I've got 4 series x. 2 for coworkers for their kids and 1 for a friend.  

This thing is absolutely awesome.  The games look fantastic

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Machine said:

I've got 4 series x. 2 for coworkers for their kids and 1 for a friend.  

This thing is absolutely awesome.  The games look fantastic

What have you been playing?

so far I’ve only started Star Wars fallen order since it’s free on game pass now.  The first part seemed very uncharted like so far, but does look good. To be fair though I haven’t seen it on Xbox one and idk if it’s even upscaled or whatever so idk what I’m talking about. 

48 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

What have you been playing?

so far I’ve only started Star Wars fallen order since it’s free on game pass now.  The first part seemed very uncharted like so far, but does look good. To be fair though I haven’t seen it on Xbox one and idk if it’s even upscaled or whatever so idk what I’m talking about. 

It's not updated at all. Might just load faster. 

I currently am doing forza horizon 4, assassin's creed valhalla and destiny 2 but that's not updated yet.

Ori looks amazing.  Gonna try gears 5 soon.  Supposed to blow the doors off.

• Like 1

Interesting with the packaging. Wonder if the sticker intentionally says Xbox one to minimize theft attempts? 

84772B3D-480F-48B9-8426-245AB97AEA6F.jpeg

0B8BF3EA-9E1F-4D2A-A137-F13638081CA6.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Interesting with the packaging. Wonder if the sticker intentionally says Xbox one to minimize theft attempts? 

84772B3D-480F-48B9-8426-245AB97AEA6F.jpeg

0B8BF3EA-9E1F-4D2A-A137-F13638081CA6.jpeg

Says console only as well. I might be over thinking that part though

15 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

F0970267-5D70-416C-A1E7-6EBB44403A6C.jpeg

Not worried about overheating it in there? 

Can these things download/install in a sleep mode? Looks like my default was 1hr so I wake up today (after leaving this running when I went to bed) to find like nothing downloaded/installed yet. 

6556E854-825D-431E-8101-F9AC2BEF24CE.jpeg