Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

52 minutes ago, Machine said:

The new s is 299.99. It would be astronomically stupid for someone to buy the one s at 300.

Guess the price drop wouldn't go into effect until like November

Its supply and demand brah. Assuming the customer base is people with ZERO XBoxes (or a broken XBox), nobody that has a Series S (aka, preordered ) is going to buy One S. If they don't have a pre-order tho, their options are to pay like $700 on eBay for a marked up Series S/X, or to buy the past gen that will allow them to play all their games and still online game/cross-platform with their Fboy friends. Doesn't matter what the new consoles MSRP for if people can't get their hands on them. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Its supply and demand brah. Assuming the customer base is people with ZERO XBoxes (or a broken XBox), nobody that has a Series S (aka, preordered ) is going to buy One S. If they don't have a pre-order tho, their options are to pay like $700 on eBay for a marked up Series S/X, or to buy the past gen that will allow them to play all their games and still online game/cross-platform with their Fboy friends. Doesn't matter what the new consoles MSRP for if people can't get their hands on them. 

If the one S comes down in price, which it will, why wouldn't someone just buy a new one?  

1 minute ago, Machine said:

If the one S comes down in price, which it will, why wouldn't someone just buy a new one?  

because they're sold out. As I said yesterday when this discussion began. And discontinued? 

My local video game shop is buying the One X for $225 cash, seems dumb but I will definitely be taking them up on that.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

My local video game shop is buying the One X for $225 cash, seems dumb but I will definitely be taking them up on that.  

Nice. Gamestop will give me $75 dollars for mine. I think Ill use it as a doorstop instead.

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

because they're sold out. As I said yesterday when this discussion began. And discontinued? 

Why would One S be sold out?

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Nice. Gamestop will give me $75 dollars for mine. I think Ill use it as a doorstop instead.

They're giving 200 for it with trade towards X.  Also, what? 75? We talking cash?

1 hour ago, Machine said:

They're giving 200 for it with trade towards X.  Also, what? 75? We talking cash?

Nah 75 store credit.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, heyeaglefn said:

I'd be more excited if there was a big launch title.  

A release date-less Halo title doesn't do it for ya?

I might make the switch to PS5.  The Xbox exclusive releases just really haven't kept pace recently it seems like.

• Like 1

Yeah I mean I am getting an Xbox day 1 but can't say I am uber excited to play existing games on it right away.  

• Like 1

Ugh. Xbox. Why? Why do your fanboys act like your controller is great? Visiting fam and staying at my sisters. Her fiancée has an Xbox one. Her and I played crash N’sane trilogy as she’s been stuck on a level and wanted to see if I could beat it. We swapped turns back and forth every few tries. Maybe 90 mins total between the two of us. The left stick, which you use 100% of the times due to directional control... oh my god my thumb is so raw from the awful design of those things with that hard outer rim and the sunken center. That PS4 nub is leaps and bounds better and more comfortable on the pad of the thumb. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new Xbox and some of these new AV receivers that use HDMI 2.1 are having connection issues. The new released Denon and Yahama are the main culprits. Hopefully those companies release a patch. I wanted to get the new Yahama Rx6

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Looks like the new Xbox and some of these new AV receivers that use HDMI 2.1 are having connection issues. The new released Denon and Yahama are the main culprits. Hopefully those companies release a patch. I wanted to get the new Yahama Rx6

Doubtful that these new consoles can regularly eclipse framerates above 60 at 4k resolutions. They're powerful, but they're not going to be that powerful.

Received an email today from Best Buy to set up a time appointment to pick up my xbox series x on launch day. All set for 8am pickup.

49 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Received an email today from Best Buy to set up a time appointment to pick up my xbox series x on launch day. All set for 8am pickup.

I would do a pick up but I'm afraid I would get murdered out in the parking lot for it lol

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I would do a pick up but I'm afraid I would get murdered out in the parking lot for it lol

Lol I hadnt thought of that until now. Great.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Lol I hadnt thought of that until now. Great.

Sorry, lol. It's crazy out there man you know there is gonna be some lunatics out there that show up for launch and if they don't get one it may get ugly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sorry, lol. It's crazy out there man you know there is gonna be some lunatics out there that show up for launch and if they don't get one it may get ugly. 

Ill bring a softball bat. Look for me on the news if someone tries to get mine.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Ill bring a softball bat. Look for me on the news if someone tries to get mine.

Lol will do!! The one best buy I think I would be safe going too. However, I'm afraid to mess with my preorder and change anything on it and risk doing the wrong thing and cancelling the damn thing lol

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Bruh he said Xbox not ps5 

Just now, Agent23 said:

Bruh he said Xbox not ps5 

I know but, im getting the PS5 lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know but, im getting the PS5 lol. 

I give Best Buy their yearly $3500 and they couldn’t sell me one next gen console... 6 purchased and 0 from them. 

Also... watch 1-2 rando YouTube vids on some nerds channel and alllll your suggestions are from those bozos. This one guy had one from the past few days I watched during lunch on the series S. Homeboy said this janky console that advertises "1440p and 120fps” is out here playing some game at NINE HUNDRED P!!!! Not even 1080 that my PS3 was doing back in 2006 :roll: 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I give Best Buy their yearly $3500 and they couldn’t sell me one next gen console... 6 purchased and 0 from them. 

Also... watch 1-2 rando YouTube vids on some nerds channel and alllll your suggestions are from those bozos. This one guy had one from the past few days I watched during lunch on the series S. Homeboy said this janky console that advertises "1440p and 120fps” is out here playing some game at NINE HUNDRED P!!!! Not even 1080 that my PS3 was doing back in 2006 :roll: 

Lmao!! The comment section of those videos are hilarious and get heated AF