Rebuilding the team - discuss the future of the Eagles (orig post Sept 2020)

Road to Victory

From where I'm sitting, this team is probably as poorly situated as I've seen in over 20 years.  At least during the Rhodes era, there was some leftover talent for Andy to build a core around.  The Reid years, but for a blip here and there, were good years.  Chip had two 10 win seasons and brought in some good talent.  The team made history when Joe Douglas signed some great short term veteran contracts, and they caught lightening in a bottle in 2017.

And now, a largely aging and depleted roster with many holes, and an upside down cap.  An unknown quantity at QB who appears to have a ceiling.  An uber young and unproven coaching staff.  And worst of all, a front office that is poor at evaluating talent.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm not seeing anything that is giving me any reason to be enthusiastic about this team.  2020 cut the rug out from under this team, and I'm not sure when things will be on an upswing again for the Eagles.  Doesn't appear to be anytime soon.

10 hours ago, Procus said:

Call me a pessimist, but I'm not seeing anything that is giving me any reason to be enthusiastic about this team.  2020 cut the rug out from under this team, and I'm not sure when things will be on an upswing again for the Eagles.  Doesn't appear to be anytime soon.

Draft a WR, start Hurts, enjoy the season. 😄

12 hours ago, Procus said:

From where I'm sitting, this team is probably as poorly situated as I've seen in over 20 years.  At least during the Rhodes era, there was some leftover talent for Andy to build a core around.  The Reid years, but for a blip here and there, were good years.  Chip had two 10 win seasons and brought in some good talent.  The team made history when Joe Douglas signed some great short term veteran contracts, and they caught lightening in a bottle in 2017.

And now, a largely aging and depleted roster with many holes, and an upside down cap.  An unknown quantity at QB who appears to have a ceiling.  An uber young and unproven coaching staff.  And worst of all, a front office that is poor at evaluating talent.

if you can't see better coaching as #1 then you are blind , the coaching staff in place has me feeling better already.

2 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

if you can't see better coaching as #1 then you are blind , the coaching staff in place has me feeling better already.

Ok Mr. Eyesight - let's revisit this conversation at the end of the 2021 season.  I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

The future of the team. Basement dwellers for the upcoming season. it's gonna be bad.

6 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

Yeah, I’m not sure about the staff. Pederson won a SB in his second year with the Eagles. What has Siri ever won? It’s a huge unknown and to say that the staff is better is just being foolish.

With that being said, you’re basically saying Siri will win a SB next year. I’d love to eat crow but I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Yeah, I’m not sure about the staff. Pederson won a SB in his second year with the Eagles. What has Siri ever won? It’s a huge unknown and to say that the staff is better is just being foolish.

With that being said, you’re basically saying Siri will win a SB next year. I’d love to eat crow but I doubt it. 

hell doug was a mouth piece , his staff won the superbowl. offensive coaches left and doug couldn't run a game plan or adjust to what the defense showed and IMO didn't use the WR's correctly. so go head nancy and be negative all you want.

7 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

hell doug was a mouth piece , his staff won the superbowl. offensive coaches left and doug couldn't run a game plan or adjust to what the defense showed and IMO didn't use the WR's correctly. so go head nancy and be negative all you want.

So then you agree, Doug’s staff is better.

• 7 months later...

The rebuild continues…

Three potential top 10 picks and a GM who can’t draft. 

Fire Howie!

Three weeks into the season we have a bench Hurts, and Fire Sirianni thread posted. 😂 it’s gonna be a long season.

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Three weeks into the season we have a bench Hurts, and Fire Sirianni thread posted. 😂 it’s gonna be a long season.

Of course, it’s Philly, we always overreact but it will be a long season. The upcoming schedule is pretty brutal. They will lose at least two out of the next three, possibly all three. We’re probably looking at a 1-5 start, maybe 2-4 at best. 

The thing that bothers me most is how soft this team is. They got absolutely manhandled at the LOS for 6 straight quarters. 

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

Of course, it’s Philly, we always overreact but it will be a long season. The upcoming schedule is pretty brutal. They will lose at least two out of the next three, possibly all three. We’re probably looking at a 1-5 start, maybe 2-4 at best. 

The thing that bothers me most is how soft this team is. They got absolutely manhandled at the LOS for 6 straight quarters. 

I don’t like the undisciplined play we are seeing or the really confusing play calling. This seems like a team searching for an identity right now. Sirianni needs to steer the ship. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t like the undisciplined play we are seeing

After 3 weeks that's a real concern. They weren't disciplined against Atlanta but got away with it because Atlanta are so bad. It's been worse week two and three and against good teams you just can't do that. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

After 3 weeks that's a real concern. They weren't disciplined against Atlanta but got away with it because Atlanta are so bad. It's been worse week two and three and against good teams you just can't do that. 

Well they barely practiced, barely played anyone in the preseason, and they look like a sloppy unprepared football team. Sometimes people need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel. 

Archived