Rebuilding the team - discuss the future of the Eagles (orig post Sept 2020)

Road to Victory

The world is not ending. A rebuild is not needed. We have many young pieces for a solid OL to really good OL, all we need is some depth. 

The DL might need a piece or two.

The WRs just need good coaching. There is fast talent there. Top 5 TE. Top 5 TE2.

LB looks to be a little better than last year, and we can draft all over the defense anyways.

The sky is not falling and a complete rebuild is not needed. Stop giving eyeball revenue to weasel writers.

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I just hope Lurie doesn’t give Howie another pass figuring this is going to be a rebuilding year. 

Lurie already acknowledged that. One reason he said he fired Doug was that he wanted to win this year.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Lurie already acknowledged that. One reason he said he fired Doug was that he wanted to win this year.

It’s going to be a bad year. They won 4 games last year and now all new coaches, new systems, and less talent. You also have to figure the rest of the NFC East should be getting better so it could be an epically bad season. Hopefully, they have a season like the Giants had last year who showed much improvement throughout the season after losing their best player. 

Watching the Eagles in 2021 will be a lot like seeing a car accident up ahead...you don't want to look....but.....

On 1/4/2021 at 2:03 PM, NVeagle said:

It starts with this:

IMG_7070.jpg

I saw in an interview that his teeth are nasty. I'm like how the hell did this guy win the superbowl, he can't even brush his own teeth. 

I'm going to be taking so many shots at him this year. Same with Lurie. Everytime I hear emotional intelligence. These guys are so far gone... 

This team needs a rebuild but no rebuild can commence until they move on from Howie. Until then they will underwhelm in the draft and that is where they need to rebuild.

The guys in charge of this rebuild are an Accountant playing fantasy football and a young rookie HC who never even called plays before.  Good times.

If you're Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham what must they be thinking during this obviously clear rebuilding process. Or will both be cut.

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

If you're Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham what must they be thinking during this obviously clear rebuilding process. Or will both be cut.

They are thinking about their lovely pay checks.

10 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

If you're Cox or Graham then you probably want to discuss a trade out. I mean Cox may see another competitive team here during his career but BG won't. 

12 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I'm hearing Kelce is done. On FB. No link though. 

I don't think this would be a surprise to most fans to be honest. Why would he come back? He says he considers retirement every year, well there's been no more obvious year than this one. 

Rebuilding the team probably should have started at GM and worked its way down from there. 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:16 PM, Road to Victory said:

It’s going to be a bad year. They won 4 games last year and now all new coaches, new systems, and less talent. You also have to figure the rest of the NFC East should be getting better so it could be an epically bad season. Hopefully, they have a season like the Giants had last year who showed much improvement throughout the season after losing their best player. 

I think this is exactly what will happen and should not come as a surprise. We have some talent on this team. We just need to tee them up with the right coaching.

13 hours ago, Madriver said:

I think this is exactly what will happen and should not come as a surprise. We have some talent on this team. We just need to tee them up with the right coaching.

So much of it depends on QB.  If Hurts excels, the team will improve throughout the season.  If he is the same player as last year, it could be a very, very long season.

23 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I'm hearing Kelce is done. On FB. No link though. 

That is just his guess, there is no actual report of anything.  He says he hopes Kelce retires for his sake, or wonders if the Eagles might trade him to a contender like the Chiefs.  It's just made up speculation.

Of course Kelce has said publicly a couple years ago he was thinking about retiring and I wouldn't be surprised if he did now and didn't want to be here for a rebuild.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

That is just his guess, there is no actual report of anything.  He says he hopes Kelce retires for his sake, or wonders if the Eagles might trade him to a contender like the Chiefs.  It's just made up speculation.

Of course Kelce has said publicly a couple years ago he was thinking about retiring and I wouldn't be surprised if he did now and didn't want to be here for a rebuild.  

I’d love to see him retire as an Eagle but if we could get a 4th for him from the Chiefs I’d take it. No sense for him to be here for a rebuilding year or two. 

If the coaches are really something special then a better more innovative offensive scheme may keep us competitive in an awful division, it could even be that Doug and Wentz really were just stinking up the joint, Big Red flipped KC from 2-14 to 11-5, McVay flipped the Rams from 4-12 to 11-5,  Chip Kelly flipped a 4-12 team to 10-6 so it is possible, but if Sirianni turns out to be a Bowles / Gase / Patricia style decent coordinator horrible head coach then it could get spectacularly ugly. 

Worst case scenario Sirianni is a bad coach on a long leash because we think we're rebuilding and we end up with 3 double digit loss seasons and a worse roster in 2024.

56 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Even if Sirianni is good it won't matter with Roseman here. It'd be like putting lipstick on a pig.

You can cover a turd in glitter but... 

god there's so much doom and gloom in here , if somebody would have said you guys can win a superbowl in 2017 but in year 2021 your team will be in a rebuild mode , all you would have said hell yeah where do we sign up. if your an eagle fan that has lived thru some crap show seasons like i've witnessed , then i'm sure i can trek thru some lean times.

2 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

god there's so much doom and gloom in here , if somebody would have said you guys can win a superbowl in 2017 but in year 2021 your team will be in a rebuild mode , all you would have said hell yeah where do we sign up. if your an eagle fan that has lived thru some crap show seasons like i've witnessed , then i'm sure i can trek thru some lean times.

It's the how it happened that brothers us.

Archived