fantasy b-ball league...Days without a commish banning: 0

Shepard Wong

here are the only 2 options it's giving me on the espn site...

Randomized One Hour Prior to Draft Time

Manually Set by League Manager.

i changed it to manual. 

do one of you want to do the random draft order generator thing?  if not, i will. i definitely don't have all of your email addresses to have the site email you the order though.

I dont know... 5 points for a 3 pointer. 4 points for steals and blocks....

Maybe it just requires an adjustment period to get used to the new rules.

Just seems weird. 

But Im fine with whatever. I guess it would be kind of fun to try to strategize on player rankings for the new scoring system. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i changed it to manual. 

do one of you want to do the random draft order generator thing?  if not, i will. i definitely don't have all of your email addresses to have the site email you the order though.

Do it, and just post the results here. Dont need any proof. No one should care to cry foul over a free league. All in fun.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I see that there are 2 points for FGs made in that system. So thats a decent offset, but it still seems completely unnecessary.

i mean it punishes the wetbrooks of the league who will score 25 points but do it on 50 shots. It doesn't hurt the smart players at all but help penalize the guys whos play hero ball instead of making them look like they belong on the same stage as the other top players in the league 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Do it, and just post the results here. Dont need any proof. No one should care to cry foul over a free league. All in fun.

i have a couple email addresses from the guys who just joined...so i'll put them on there so they'll have proof...in case i draw the 1st pick. :lol:  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i changed it to manual. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't care what spot I have, just as long it is right in front of @Agent23 so I can here him weep in cyberspace when I draft Curry, then Thompson, the Wiggins, then Looney, then Poole......

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I don't care what spot I have, just as long it is right in front of @Agent23 so I can here him weep in cyberspace when I draft Curry, then Thompson, the Wiggins, then Looney, then Poole......

As far as I care, Agent can have all of the GSW players if I am guaranteed rights to Wembanyama next year. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

did we decide on a regular draft then? Not a team draft?

yeah...let's do regular. we have 12 teams so we have to anyway. 

if somebody wants to start a 10 teamer where we draft teams, i'll join. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ok. makes sense with 12.

Id be game for a team draft too but I obviously can not commish. 

Bob Salmi was too old and obscure at this point. Switched it up to Kate Scott's Toe Bias. And I got a pic of Tobias' toes off of google images sourced from a place called wiki feet men. I imagine Prime runs that site.

not that i already had a kate scott team name or anything.   :nonono:   

that's okay...you can have it. 

5 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Just joined the league.

Team name is Mookie Blaylock's Locker

i'm about to use a random draft order generator site for our draft order....you & @DaEagles4Life are the only 2 emails i have (other than my own)  so you should be getting emails with the draft order at the same time it generates. you're my witnesses that i didn't rig it. :lol:  

• Haha 1

if this isn't proof that i didn't rig it, i don't know what is.....

EMB Process Draft Order Results

Pick # Team Name
1 Kate Scott's Toe Bias
2 Free The Aussie
3 Bucks County Ballers
4 Kendall Jenner' Next Men Up
5 Post Trade Deadline Cavs
6 Triple Doubles
7 Dave Moss' Load Management
8 Agent's Superteam
9 Team 2
10 Wong's PG Graveyard
11 MookieBlaylocks Locker
12 Alaa PB Sammiches
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Bro, the existing league scoring is so whack that Steph is the TWENTY SECOND ranked player. That Means unless you fogtags all reach, I can 100% guarantee him on my team because this league's scoring says hes not a Round 1 player and borderline says hes not even a SECOND roundplayer a 12-team format 

image.thumb.png.82b023ea3ef7a624142f48317c50e50c.png

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Bro, the existing league scoring is so whack that Steph is the TWENTY SECOND ranked player. That Means unless you fogtags all reach, I can 100% guarantee him on my team because this league's scoring says hes not a Round 1 player and borderline says hes not even a SECOND roundplayer a 12-team format 

Well you are gonna have to take him at 17, or he will be gone at 23.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Pick # Team Name
1 Kate Scott's Toe Bias
2 Free The Aussie
3 Bucks County Ballers
4 Kendall Jenner' Next Men Up
5 Post Trade Deadline Cavs
6 Triple Doubles
7 Dave Moss' Load Management
8 Agent's Superteam
9 Team 2
10 Wong's PG Graveyard
11 MookieBlaylocks Locker
12 Alaa PB Sammiches

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

with 12 is there thought of minimizing the starting spots each week? I mean we have 12 teams and I'm not sure any of us can name 12 competent Centers across the entire league. But having 5 "flex" players in addition to 5 starting lineups seems a bit much for a 12-man league

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

with 12 is there thought of minimizing the starting spots each week? I mean we have 12 teams and I'm not sure any of us can name 12 competent Centers across the entire league. But having 5 "flex" players in addition to 5 starting lineups seems a bit much for a 12-man league

you'll start Jakob Poeltl and you'll like it!  

think of it like TE's in fantasy football. we can work around it. 

you'll start Jakob Poeltl and you'll like it!  

think of it like TE's in fantasy football. we can work around it. 

You guys may have center problems, I will not.

image.png.c9d9407fe1f7bd363f25ce57f53eb3bf.png

it's currently set to start 3 utility players...meaning any position. i can lower than to 1 or 2 if you guys think we have too many starting positions. we currently have 10...so that's 120 players for our 12 teams.  let me know. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

it's currently set to start 3 utility players...meaning any position. i can lower than to 1 or 2 if you guys think we have too many starting positions. we currently have 10...so that's 120 players for our 12 teams.  let me know. 

30 NBA teams / 120 players would be the top 4 of every NBA team starting.  I think it is OK, especially if there is a transaction limit.

or i can get rid of the G and F starting positions and leave the 3 utility spots...makes things a little more flexible. we'd start 8 players instead of 10.

• Like 1