JENK    Post Trade Deadline Cavs - @Jenkins27
JWLL    Kendall Jenner’ Next Men Up - @jwill2420 - IN
DMLM    Dave Moss' Load Management - @Dave Moss - IN
BSA    Bob Salmi's Airspace - @HazletonEagle ??? - IN
TDï¿    Triple Doubles - @downundermike - IN 
BFIT    Free The Aussie - @BFit - IN

@DaEagles4Life and @Iggles25 are also interested

51 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i like the idea of doing waivers once weekly...but of course espn doesn't allow that. :nonono:  

best i can do is limit the number of player acquisitions per week. we can make it a low number like maybe 2 or 3 per week.  another option is to have weekly lineup locks...meaning you can't make lineup changes during the week. sucks if a player gets injured early in the week though. 

let me know what you guys prefer.  also, looks like we actually have a chance at a 12 team league if that fogtag agent stays in...jenkins too. 

if i remember, i think they allow you to set multiple days in advance

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

i like the idea of doing waivers once weekly...but of course espn doesn't allow that. :nonono:  

best i can do is limit the number of player acquisitions per week. we can make it a low number like maybe 2 or 3 per week.  another option is to have weekly lineup locks...meaning you can't make lineup changes during the week. sucks if a player gets injured early in the week though. 

let me know what you guys prefer.  also, looks like we actually have a chance at a 12 team league if that fogtag agent stays in...jenkins too. 

I'll play but if its some fogtag league where its not a once a week set-and-forget I'm just going to be a Redden 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BFit said:

if i remember, i think they allow you to set multiple days in advance

they do. i think you can set a week in advance. 

updated:

ABBRV    TEAM NAME
HUNT    Kate Scott Rocks - @mr_hunt - IN
BCB    Bucks County Ballers - @Gannan - IN
GSW    Agent's Superteam - @Agent23 - IN
WPGG    Wong's PG Graveyard - @Shepard Wong - IN
JENK    Post Trade Deadline Cavs - @Jenkins27
JWLL    Kendall Jenner’ Next Men Up - @jwill2420 - IN
DMLM    Dave Moss' Load Management - @Dave Moss - IN
BSA    Bob Salmi's Airspace - @HazletonEagle ??? - IN
TDï¿    Triple Doubles - @downundermike - IN 
BFIT    Free The Aussie - @BFit - IN

@DaEagles4Life and @Iggles25 are also interested

is anybody else interested?  we have 11 right now.  jenkins.would make 12 but it looks like he hasn't been on the emb since tuesday night.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jenkins27 said:

I forgot I was in this besides like two weeks. Still beat Agent. 👀

you back in? 

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you back in? 

Sure!

But if anyone wants in they can take my spot as I tend to be pretty bad at remembering fantasy basketball! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Sure!

But if anyone wants in they can take my spot as I tend to be pretty bad at remembering fantasy basketball! 

well, we have 12 right now....but if you & @Agent23 really don't feel like doing it, we'll still be okay with 10.  10 or 12 teams would both work.  

let me know what you guys want to do. don't want to pressure you if you're not feelin' it.  

thanks. 

they do. i think you can set a week in advance. 

You can go even further than that if you wanted to. 

43 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

well, we have 12 right now....but if you & @Agent23 really don't feel like doing it, we'll still be okay with 10.  10 or 12 teams would both work.  

let me know what you guys want to do. don't want to pressure you if you're not feelin' it.  

thanks. 

I will participate as needed to give an even number of teams

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You can go even further than that if you wanted to. 

I'm fine generically setting a lineup 2, 3, 4 weeks in advance (essentially filling in placeholders and just need to stay on top of if a guy has a legit injury or something). What I don't like is that someone can go in every 1 or 2 days and add/drop people so that mid-week they add new players to their roster -- who weren't on the roster when that week of the season began -- and add them into that day's schedule to just stack points based on quantity of games played and not quality of players in those games. 

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I'm fine generically setting a lineup 2, 3, 4 weeks in advance (essentially filling in placeholders and just need to stay on top of if a guy has a legit injury or something). What I don't like is that someone can go in every 1 or 2 days and add/drop people so that mid-week they add new players to their roster -- who weren't on the roster when that week of the season began -- and add them into that day's schedule to just stack points based on quantity of games played and not quality of players in those games. 

i'm gonna set a max of 3 player acquisitions per week. that should be enough to handle injuries but not too many where it turns into a constant roster churning mess. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Agreed

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm gonna set a max of 3 player acquisitions per week. that should be enough to handle injuries but not too many where it turns into a constant roster churning mess. 

Perfect

i set up our draft for next wednesday at 8:30 pm est. i set it up as a live draft...but i honestly don't think autopick is as horrible for basketball as it is for football...so i don't think anyone would get screwed if they couldn't make it. just make sure you adjust your draft rankings if you want to. idk how bad espn's rankings are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Can we set the draft order early so we know where we're picking when we prep for the draft?

sure. idk if the espn site has that capability but i'll check once @Iggles25 joins the site. it won't let me do much right now since the league is not full. 

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i set up our draft for next wednesday at 8:30 pm est. i set it up as a live draft...but i honestly don't think autopick is as horrible for basketball as it is for football...so i don't think anyone would get screwed if they couldn't make it. just make sure you adjust your draft rankings if you want to. idk how bad espn's rankings are. 

speaking of rankings -- are we using the existing scoring or the one I shared here 1-2 days ago, that factors in efficiency (negative points for every shot attempt, but positive points for shots made). 

ESPN Fantasy is always looking for new ways to improve our game experience, and in 2020 we debuted a new default fantasy basketball scoring system for head-to-head points leagues. Not only did it increase overall scoring, but it better represented modern NBA action.

Here you can compare the new and old versions:

New default system*

Point = 1

3PM = 1

FGA = -1

FGM = 2

FTA = -1

FTM = 1

REB = 1

AST = 2

STL = 4

BLK = 4

TOV = -2

Old default system

Point = 1

FGA = -1

FGM = 1

FTA = -1

FTM = 1

REB = 1

AST = 1

STL = 1

BLK = 1

TOV = -1

We used advanced analytics to flesh out the best way to reflect NBA scoring -- especially in this age of 3-point shooting -- and kept it simple to understand.

We'll do the math** for you, so it's easy to follow as you watch NBA games. Here's how many fantasy points your player will score when he does the following:

3-pointer made = 5

2-pointer made = 3

Free throw made = 1

Field goal or free throw missed = -1

Simple. Make shots, get fantasy points. Hit 3s, get even more fantasy points. Miss shots, lose some fantasy points. The more volume and efficiency your scorer has, the better, but neither is a necessity.

That's because if your player hits the glass, dishes passes, swipes balls or rejects shots, he will be appropriately rewarded:

REB = 1

AST = 2

STL = 4

BLK = 4

TOV = -2

We gave more weight to the stats that are tougher to come by, so dimes are worth more than rebounds, and steals and blocks are worth the most. And, of course, players are penalized a bit for turnovers.

In the end, NBA stars will be amongst the elite in ESPN Fantasy's new default points scoring, but there is also room for lower-volume players to shine. That includes those NBA glue guys you love for their hustle, double-double bigs, and players who share the rock and hit 3s.

New leagues will automatically default to the new system, which is the format our experts will refer to in their content going forward.

Speaking of which, take a look at André Snellings' 2022-23 points-league draft rankings to see where he ranks the top 200 players with the new scoring system -- then sign up and get ready for your fantasy basketball drafts!

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

dibs on Steph!

I have moved all GS Warrior players into the top10 of my pre draft rankings, plan accordingly

13 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

speaking of rankings -- are we using the existing scoring or the one I shared here 1-2 days ago, that factors in efficiency (negative points for every shot attempt, but positive points for shots made). 

existing scoring is one i found years ago that supposedly made it closer to what fantasy football is like & more balanced across different positions. i honestly don't even remember where i found it. :lol:   i really don't give any sheets as long as it's a point system & not categories. 

28 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

sure. idk if the espn site has that capability but i'll check once @Iggles25 joins the site. it won't let me do much right now since the league is not full. 

ESPN doesnt set draft order until 1 hour before the draft.  You see it when  you sign in to the actual draft room.

Youd have to use a draft order random generator and then manually set the draft order yourself in your commish settings.

I already know you are going to simulate it until I get last pick. -_-

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

ESPN doesnt set draft order until 1 hour before the draft.  You see it when  you sign in to the actual draft room.

Youd have to use a draft order random generator and then manually set the draft order yourself in your commish settings.

I already know you are going to simulate it until I get last pick. -_-

ahh....i thought i saw a random generator on the espn site for a football league i run...but that's an offline draft so maybe they only offer it for those. 

17 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

negative attempts for FG attempts is a horrible, horrible idea. Even if a scorer is efficient, he is still going to have like 20-24 points automatically deducted just because he is a team's alpha.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

negative attempts for FG attempts is a horrible, horrible idea. Even if a scorer is efficient, he is still going to have like 20-24 points automatically deducted just because he is a team's alpha.

Agreed.

Just now, downundermike said:

Agreed.

I see that there are 2 points for FGs made in that system. So thats a decent offset, but it still seems completely unnecessary.