Eagles Mock Draft (10-06-2020)

Ray75

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Given the Wentz theory some thought?!

I'm not saying it isn't a valid theory. I'm just not sure you wait 2 years to find out if Hurts can be any good in the NFL. That's a huge gamble. Especially as in the next couple of years we could be in position to take a potential stud QB in the draft. 

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not saying it isn't a valid theory. I'm just not sure you wait 2 years to find out if Hurts can be any good in the NFL. That's a huge gamble. Especially as in the next couple of years we could be in position to take a potential stud QB in the draft. 

Packers took Rodgers late in the 1st when they still had Favre, Washington took Cousins in the 4th after picking RG3 second overall in that same draft. 

Both teams didn’t know for sure if those guys were any good and sat them for 2 years. Once Favre was done in Green Bay and RG3 seriously injured, they gave them a shot.

Cousins is now in Minnesota, Rodgers arguably one of the best QB’s in the league and future HOF-er. Packers took a QB late in first this year to hopefully repeat the cycle.

Point is; teams do it all the time. Especially if their current QB is aging or have doubts about him. Don’t bank on one player if you can have two.

Let the young player marinate for a while, let him watch and learn from the sideline, hope your starter plays great so you’d get something nice in return in a trade...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm... Mills at deep safety? Or Wallace? 

I'd imagine Mills as the "deep" safety but with a new DC I'd imagine they'd play a little different. I'd go with Mills in a Quintin Mikell role with Wallace playing a Dawkins role. 

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t think Schwartz or any other coach except for maybe a position one stays if we end up with a 4-11-1 record..

In fact; if we only have 4 wins to show for at the end of the season, I want Lurie to blow it all up and start a rebuild with the few pieces they’ve left.

Ok just wanted to be sure. Any thoughts on who you'd want as DC? I'd prefer Dan Quinn if he gets fired. 

Ive also been looking at the Seahawks coaching staff and think Brian Schottenheimer could be up for a HC job soon. If we landed him I'm sure he'd want some guys to come with him so maybe promoting Andre Curtis to DC could work out. 

9 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Ok just wanted to be sure. Any thoughts on who you'd want as DC? I'd prefer Dan Quinn if he gets fired. 

Ive also been looking at the Seahawks coaching staff and think Brian Schottenheimer could be up for a HC job soon. If we landed him I'm sure he'd want some guys to come with him so maybe promoting Andre Curtis to DC would work out. 

How typical! I had exactly the same guy in mind... 👊🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Point is; teams do it all the time. Especially if their current QB is aging or have doubts about him. Don’t bank on one player if you can have two.

OK OK you've sold me on it. 😁

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I'd imagine Mills as the "deep" safety but with a new DC I'd imagine they'd play a little different. I'd go with Mills in a Quintin Mikell role with Wallace playing a Dawkins role. 

I do think Mills could be a good safety but he's got to be used in the right way and to suit what he does well. That's where a new DC comes in to play.

Ray brother excellent plan! You absolutely nailed some of places I was leaning towards doing in my mock but now I need to scrap everything and punch the chalk board. Good to see you started this off first, just seems fitting. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Slade said:

Ray brother excellent plan! You absolutely nailed some of places I was leaning towards doing in my mock but now I need to scrap everything and punch the chalk board. Good to see you started this off first, just seems fitting. 

My boy @Ray75 for Eagles GM

2 hours ago, Slade said:

Thanks brother!

Silver lining to a God awful season is an intense and exciting offseason with a lot of interesting conversations around here.

Can’t wait for your mock, buddy!

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

My boy @Ray75 for Eagles GM

👊🏻👊🏻

Imagine if I draw the Eagles 3 years in a row in the EMB. Fate I guess...😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

👊🏻👊🏻

Imagine if I draw the Eagles 3 years in a row in the EMB. Fate I guess...😂

So for 3 years we can see. 

"Here's what you could have won"

😂😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

with how often we are seeming to hit on later round talent I would prefer we look to FA for a rb instead of the draft. Sanders is still very young. I also like the trades. Think we need to look into cutting some weight also. without knowing who our coordinators would be or at least a coach its hard to evaluate the draft. Slay and Surtain amazing though. Id be very happy with that combo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

with how often we are seeming to hit on later round talent I would prefer we look to FA for a rb instead of the draft. Sanders is still very young. I also like the trades. Think we need to look into cutting some weight also. without knowing who our coordinators would be or at least a coach its hard to evaluate the draft. Slay and Surtain amazing though. Id be very happy with that combo.

Depends though doesn't it... If Howie is drafting then yeah I agree let's forget it. But hopefully we will have a new GM in charge and that changes things. 

6 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Thanks! Appreciate it...

And agreed! Without knowing who the new GM and coaches will be, it’s impossible to predict what direction they’ll go into.

Realistically I think Schwartz will take the blame and be the fall guy. The rest will stick around and we’d only be looking for a new DC. Hello Dan Quinn or Brent Venables!!!

Surtain and Slay could form a formidable CB duo on the outside, though! Would love to see that next year! One can dream, right?!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Surtain and Slay could form a formidable CB duo on the outside, though! Would love to see that next year! One can dream, right?!

Yeah I mean that would be incredible!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean that would be incredible!

Wade or Farley would do too btw.

A bit wary of Wade though. Love the kid but played all over the defense last year at Ohio State and opted out this year. A positionles player if you will.

Should have stayed for another year IMO so he could have proved everyone he’s a stud on the outside too. Although I believe he can play there, it’s not a guarantee. The team that picks him will be banking on upside and potential without 2020 tape to study.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Wade or Farley would do too btw.

A bit wary of Wade though. Love the kid but played all over the defense last year at Ohio State and opted out this year. A positionles player if you will.

Should have stayed for another year IMO so he could have proved everyone he’s a stud on the outside too. Although I believe he can play there, it’s not a guarantee. The team that picks him will be banking on upside and potential without 2020 tape to study.

Watch Howie go for Wade then because he is so smart and he will look beyond what other teams are concerned about. 

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Thanks! Appreciate it...

And agreed! Without knowing who the new GM and coaches will be, it’s impossible to predict what direction they’ll go into.

Realistically I think Schwartz will take the blame and be the fall guy. The rest will stick around and we’d only be looking for a new DC. Hello Dan Quinn or Brent Venables!!!

I like the idea of Quinn a lot. He would simplify the defense and likely bring a zone type scheme that they had in Seattle when he was there. 

42 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I like the idea of Quinn a lot. He would simplify the defense and likely bring a zone type scheme that they had in Seattle when he was there. 

And you know what?! His former DB coach is already here...

As far as DC goes I think there’s a lot of talent out there.

Kris Richard should get considered. 

I wouldn’t want to switch to a 3-4 but Jim Leonhard, jets old safety, now the DC for Wisconsin might end up being a stud DC or HC. 

Marvin Lewis should definitely be interviewed. He was a great DC for a dominant Ravens defense. 

Dan Quinn as mentioned but I do have my questions about how much he contributed to the Seahawks. 

Joe Woods from the niners is an option. As is good ol Demeco Ryans. Ryans doesn’t have much experience calling plays from the sideline but he was the guy making adjustments on the field for us. 

Personally I’d try to steal Leslie Frazier away from the Bills. He’s the DC there but Sean McDermott is essentially the guy in charge of the defense. Frazier has been a good coach for years and I think would have some kind of relationship with Doug, having been the DB coach here when Doug was the QB. He could like the idea of leaving the shadow of McDermott and running his own defense with a seemingly hands off HC in Doug. 

sorry Ray. Didn’t feel like starting my own thread for potential DCs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

As far as DC goes I think there’s a lot of talent out there.

Kris Richard should get considered. 

I wouldn’t want to switch to a 3-4 but Jim Leonhard, jets old safety, now the DC for Wisconsin might end up being a stud DC or HC. 

Marvin Lewis should definitely be interviewed. He was a great DC for a dominant Ravens defense. 

Dan Quinn as mentioned but I do have my questions about how much he contributed to the Seahawks. 

Joe Woods from the niners is an option. As is good ol Demeco Ryans. Ryans doesn’t have much experience calling plays from the sideline but he was the guy making adjustments on the field for us. 

Personally I’d try to steal Leslie Frazier away from the Bills. He’s the DC there but Sean McDermott is essentially the guy in charge of the defense. Frazier has been a good coach for years and I think would have some kind of relationship with Doug, having been the DB coach here when Doug was the QB. He could like the idea of leaving the shadow of McDermott and running his own defense with a seemingly hands off HC in Doug. 

sorry Ray. Didn’t feel like starting my own thread for potential DCs. 

No problem! Glad you posted it here! Great insight!! Thx!

Im just not sure how confident I would be starting a third round Center. Especially when we already have LT as a question mark going into next year and who knows if Brooks will come back 100% of what he was before. Though even 80% of what he was would be a serviceable guard. 

If 31 other teams pass over him for 3 rounds and we take multiple players before him over two rounds (including a DE we INTEND to sit), is he really talented enough to come and start/be successful from day 1? 

23 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Im just not sure how confident I would be starting a third round Center. Especially when we already have LT as a question mark going into next year and who knows if Brooks will come back 100% of what he was before. Though even 80% of what he was would be a serviceable guard. 

If 31 other teams pass over him for 3 rounds and we take multiple players before him over two rounds (including a DE we INTEND to sit), is he really talented enough to come and start/be successful from day 1? 

Seumalo was a 3rd rounder and Kelce was taken in the 5th round, dude! 

You don’t need to use a first on a guard or center to strike gold.

• Like 2