Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

But, Jeffery is taking half of Fulgham's playing time at least and probably quite a bit of his reps in practice.

Jeffrey should be nowhere near this team. The fact he's out on the field taking snaps away from young guys makes me so angry.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Interesting that Wentz kind of hinted at Jeffery's increasing playing time having a factor in Fulgham's disappearance.  I agree.  I think the Eagles coaches are stunting his development to play an aging player who is making big money. That might be a Howie call.  But, Jeffery is taking half of Fulgham's playing time at least and probably quite a bit of his reps in practice. Peters and Jeffery should be riding the pine and we should be developing these young players right now especially when they are probably already better than Peters and Jeffery are.

We need to just lose out, secure the high draft pick and in the off season:

Get rid of Doug, Jeffrey, Graham, Peters, Ertz, Djax, Malik Jackson, Jimmy Shortz & potentially trade Wentz (if possible)

and START OVERRRRRRRRR....

16 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Get rid of Doug, Jeffrey, Graham, Peters, Ertz, Djax, Malik Jackson, Jimmy Shortz & potentially trade Wentz (if possible)

and START OVERRRRRRRRR....

I agree. Get rid of the lot. Literally tear it all down and start again. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. Get rid of the lot. Literally tear it all down and start again. 

Yep Fire Sale, get rid of the whole lot...

10 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Interesting that Wentz kind of hinted at Jeffery's increasing playing time having a factor in Fulgham's disappearance.  I agree.  I think the Eagles coaches are stunting his development to play an aging player who is making big money. That might be a Howie call.  But, Jeffery is taking half of Fulgham's playing time at least and probably quite a bit of his reps in practice. Peters and Jeffery should be riding the pine and we should be developing these young players right now especially when they are probably already better than Peters and Jeffery are.

Agreed, its a money and 'eagles loyalty' thing.

They are also stunting his development by coaching him. Look at how well he played before he learned the system and the playbook. His lack of production recently is a clear indication that they have coached him up... It also doesnt help that defenses focus on him more now. 

Fulgham continues to be the forgotten man out there and only got a couple of targets last night.  But he was the hail mary pass target.  To my eyes, he intentionally tipped the ball to Rodgers for the TD.  Jeffrey, a taller WR, was behind Fulgham but out of the play. 

Wish they had just kept Jeffery out even when he got better. Fulgham was starting to develop and team was at least moving the ball. Now that Jeffery is back, not so much.

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jeffrey should be nowhere near this team. The fact he's out on the field taking snaps away from young guys makes me so angry.

He’s terrible now. Once the Eagles cut him, his career will be over. Did you see how slow he was last night? He’s slower then most TE’s. 

Not only is it ridiculous for Travis to be losing reps to Jeffrey, he shouldn’t be on the field less than Reagor. I hate how these guys always reward high draft picks with playing time before they’ve earned it. 

5 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

He’s terrible now. Once the Eagles cut him, his career will be over. Did you see how slow he was last night? He’s slower then most TE’s. 

Agreed. He should be nowhere near this team and it's complete nonsense that he's taking snaps away from others. 

Does anyone know if there is a cost savings by trading Alshon as opposed to cutting Alshon this offseason?

I ask because I wonder if that has anything to do with Alshon's increased playing time. Maybe they are trying to have him showcase something on tape in order to try and trade him instead of straight cutting him this offseason. 

8 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Not only is it ridiculous for Travis to be losing reps to Jeffrey, he shouldn’t be on the field less than Reagor. I hate how these guys always reward high draft picks with playing time before they’ve earned it. 

Actually I am "all in" this season on just playing Fulgham, Reagor and Ward as many snaps as possible.  And Hightower and Watkins when healthy and able to get some snaps in there as well.  With Goedert and Rogers at TE and Sanders and Scott at RB I think that's a decent young group.  Even if defenses have started to key on Fulgham, we saw in this weeks' game where he and Reagor were open at times and Wentz missed them.  It doesn't appear that Reagor is playing like you want a 1st round WR but I also don't think he's being utilized as well.  Better coaching and better QB play and these skill players would be enough.  I wouldn't even bother with Jeffrey but Doug is overly loyal to veterans in that way.

Maybe they're playing Alshon as a way to increase his potential trade value (if there is any).

Like it or not, they're going to have to roll with the young WRs next season as the team is so over the cap that they can't bring in any FAs. Since we're not involved in any of the behind the scenes things, maybe they feel confident in knowing what they have and don't have with the young WRs (a bunch of guys that can't separate or catch very well) and are trying one last shot to have Alshon make some splash plays to trade him offseason so that they can at least get a late round pick.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:28 PM, Penn7980 said:

Fulgham continues to be the forgotten man out there and only got a couple of targets last night.  But he was the hail mary pass target.  To my eyes, he intentionally tipped the ball to Rodgers for the TD.  Jeffrey, a taller WR, was behind Fulgham but out of the play. 

He may well have done and in fact Alshon went to congratulate him straight after.

I knew the Alshon hate would start. But those who watched the game would have seen Alshon was wide open down field at least twice for what would have been at least 25-30 yard gains. Once Wentz missed him and the other time he just didn't look his way.

Fulgham will still get his snaps, but it looked like he hit a wall. He played over 90% of snaps the last 2 weeks and got 2 catches. Teams are adjusting to him.

Fact is we are still in the playoff hunt and we need to try and get our franchise QB going and if he's replaced, give Hurts the best chance to succeed (Pretty nice short completion to Jeffery the one throw he got). If that means getting what we can out of Jeffery and Ertz so be it. 

On 12/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

He may well have done and in fact Alshon went to congratulate him straight after.

I knew the Alshon hate would start. But those who watched the game would have seen Alshon was wide open down field at least twice for what would have been at least 25-30 yard gains. Once Wentz missed him and the other time he just didn't look his way.

Fulgham will still get his snaps, but it looked like he hit a wall. He played over 90% of snaps the last 2 weeks and got 2 catches. Teams are adjusting to him.

Fact is we are still in the playoff hunt and we need to try and get our franchise QB going and if he's replaced, give Hurts the best chance to succeed (Pretty nice short completion to Jeffery the one throw he got). If that means getting what we can out of Jeffery and Ertz so be it. 

I was saying this, and it might still be true BUT - when I said Fulgham just doesn't have the athleticism to be a top WR someone pointed out to me he has virtually the same measurables as DeAndre Hopkins ... and it's Scary True

Hopkins - 6' 1" 214 lbs ; Arm 33 3/8 hand 10" ; 40 - 4.57; 10yd split 1.62; 20yd split 2.69; 20yd shuttle 4.5; 3 cone 6.83; VJ 36" ; BJ 9' 7"; BP 15 reps

Fulgham - 6'2" 215 lbs; Arm 33 3/4 Hand 9.5: 40 4.58; 10yd split 1.60; 20yd split 2.70; 20yd shuttle 4.22 (Pro Day) 3 cone 6.84 (Pro Day); VJ 36.5"; BJ 10' 6" ; BP 15 reps

The only thing keeping Fulgham from achieving star status is between his ears.

He’s been getting areal shot these past few weeks.... not! Starting Jeffries over this him is ridiculous at this. Need to see if Fulgham can be part of their future plans. We already know Jeffries isn’t.

23 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

He’s been getting areal shot these past few weeks.... not! Starting Jeffries over this him is ridiculous at this. Need to see if Fulgham can be part of their future plans. We already know Jeffries isn’t.

I just don't understand how anyone could not understand it's "Jeffery" by now... not "Jeffries". 

Hard to blame Jeffery for a ball hitting Fulgham right in his hands and him dropping it. I know Fulgham was the darling of the season, but there’s a reason why nobody had him on their roster. For the most part the Eagles got more than they could have asked for from Fulgham at this point. 

As I said a couple weeks ago, the Nasty Nate award goes to the training camp hype king who never makes the team.

This hype around Fulgham is deserving of its own annual award...the Fulgoat award to the JAG who is hailed as a long term building block after a couple good games before falling off the face of the Earth.

4 hours ago, Jorts said:

I just don't understand how anyone could not understand it's "Jeffery" by now... not "Jeffries". 

Cuz who cares? 

When a scrap heap guy that nobody else wants is your most productive darling WR, your WR's SUCK.

What happened to this guy?

He looked like a legit WR there for a month or so, and then his thumbs fell off?

Archived