Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

I still think he’s a stud. He’s literally got a bottom 5 QB throwing to him. Wentz has been bad all season, sure, but I’d say the last two weeks he’s gone back to playing as putrid as he was the first 4 weeks or so. For awhile there he was just "bad”, now he’s back to being terrible. 

44 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What happened? 

I think the Eagles' game plan was to emphasize getting Reagor involved upon his return. At some point, I'm hoping, they'll figure out that you can't force good things to happen. You have to let them happen naturally. 

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think the Eagles' game plan was to emphasize getting Reagor involved upon his return. At some point, I'm hoping, they'll figure out that you can't force good things to happen. You have to let them happen naturally. 

Agreed on this. It would not surprise me if Doug got messaged by Howie to try and showcase the first round receiver based on the success of the other rookie receivers.. Jefferson, Claypool, Higgins etc 

28 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Game plan or Carson’s plan. He tends to come out of the tunnel with an idea who he’s going to target rather than read the field, it seems to me.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

What happened? 

Screenshot_20201124-190825_Instagram.jpg

Alshon is back...  correlation doesnt equal causation, but it is interesting that Alshon's return to the lineup matches up with the decline of Fulgham and whispers of Wentz being a bad practice player.  

Nice effort on that pick, btw Alshon.  Reminded me of Nelson Agholor at his worst.

1 hour ago, Runtherock said:

Game plan or Carson’s plan. He tends to come out of the tunnel with an idea who he’s going to target rather than read the field, it seems to me.

What is Carson thinking right now?

You idiots still blaming wentz can’t see two inches in front of your face..yes wentz has some mistakes, but offense line in shambles doing the best he can with the receivers that he has, then, dealing with a scheme that puts receivers all over the place and a line that can’t block...stfu about wentz being the issue...he’s a small part of a crap offense drew up by Doug that doesn’t work and refuses to change it...raise your hand if you watch the game and either notice that you’ve seen the same play more than once...or noticed that wentz is once again at to 45 pass attempts mark....

dougs the issue not wentz...

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

Agreed on this. It would not surprise me if Doug got messaged by Howie to try and showcase the first round receiver based on the success of the other rookie receivers.. Jefferson, Claypool, Higgins etc 

Interesting theory, since we know Howie has been dictating who should be available on game day and the rumor of Lurie telling him to fire his offensive coaches.  Hmm.

7 hours ago, Eagleblood52 said:

You idiots still blaming wentz can’t see two inches in front of your face..yes wentz has some mistakes, but offense line in shambles doing the best he can with the receivers that he has, then, dealing with a scheme that puts receivers all over the place and a line that can’t block...stfu about wentz being the issue...he’s a small part of a crap offense drew up by Doug that doesn’t work and refuses to change it...raise your hand if you watch the game and either notice that you’ve seen the same play more than once...or noticed that wentz is once again at to 45 pass attempts mark....

Yes, it’s the line’s fault that Carson has taken 32 sacks this year after holding the ball for 4+ seconds. It’s the receiver’s fault that he refuses to throw to them unless they’ve got a mile of separation. It’s the coaches fault when he constantly puts the ball over his receivers’ heads. 

Wentz has two criteria before he throws the ball: The receiver needs to have no defender within 2 yards, or it needs to be triple coverage. There’s no happy medium with him. 

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

What happened? 

Teams started to account for him, he caught 6 of 7 targets in week 8 and 1 of 5 in week 10 and 1 of 7 in week 11, Jeffery has barely impacted his snap numbers or target numbers at all, Reagor and Fulgham are WR1 and WR2 with 90% of offensive snaps and Ward is WR3 with 67%, Jeffery had 7% against Cleveland,  Fulgham just isn't catching the ball the last couple of weeks and my guess is it's because he's attracting proper coverage now.

Adam Caplan was on the radio relating analyses that he's received around the NFL regarding Pederson's scheme and his use of the WRs.  First, to the shock of many in the NFL, the Eagles route tree is almost identical to last year's, which makes it all very predictable.  Second,  the sources believe that Pederson is asking his receivers to do too much and simply beat man coverage while also running routes that take long to develop.  

On 11/25/2020 at 3:47 AM, Philthy Jawn said:

Adam Caplan was on the radio relating analyses that he's received around the NFL regarding Pederson's scheme and his use of the WRs.  First, to the shock of many in the NFL, the Eagles route tree is almost identical to last year's, which makes it all very predictable.  Second,  the sources believe that Pederson is asking his receivers to do too much and simply beat man coverage while also running routes that take long to develop.  

Someone said something similar on the radio about the Eagles on film. 

That the Eagle's WRs aren't getting enough separation off the line or being pushed off the routes and that is delaying Wentz's reads. Also, Pederson's offense has used little motion to force defenses to give a look at what they're running. The WRs marginal route running skills have limited their trees and the poor Oline play has forced RB/TEs to stay back to block which has limited pass catchers running routes. 

2 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Some of you are delusional.  Was there any doubt this guy would come back down to Earth?

I don't think there was ever any doubt. The big question was how far would he fall. 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

Alshon is back...  correlation doesnt equal causation, but it is interesting that Alshon's return to the lineup matches up with the decline of Fulgham and whispers of Wentz being a bad practice player.  

Nice effort on that pick, btw Alshon.  Reminded me of Nelson Agholor at his worst.

Alshon was only targeted under 5 times in the last 2 games.  Don't think he took away the passes from Fulgham.  There is other reason why Fulgham has not produced as much.  Wentz is looking to Goudert/Rodgers and Ward more in recent games.

Also, Doug said the opposing team paid more attention to Fulgham and put their better CB on him, leading to less targets and lower production. 

2 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Alshon was only targeted under 5 times in the last 2 games.  Don't think he took away the passes from Fulgham.  There is other reason why Fulgham has not produced as much.  Wentz is looking to Goudert/Rodgers and Ward more in recent games.

Also, Doug said the opposing team paid more attention to Fulgham and put their better CB on him, leading to less targets and lower production. 

Nah.  the whole team has nosedived even further than it had been before whenAlshon showed back up at practice.  That's when the whispers started again... effort dropped off.  Dude is just not good for the team at all.  It isn't about targets, snaps or any of that.  Its mojo.  Dude is bad news.   He should be no where near this team, and no where near the young guys.  Time for him to be shown the door... actually, it's well past that time.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:09 PM, NOTW said:

What happened? 

He's come back to Earth. Lol we were so enamored with a receiver that's probably JAG

He doesn't catch everything anymore

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He's come back to Earth. Lol we were so enamored with a receiver that's probably JAG

He doesn't catch everything anymore

He's on his 3rd team for a reason... but it goes to show exactly how desperate this fan base is for WR talent.  

Another Eagles WR regressing to his mean. All the more reason to draft Ja'Marr Chase in April.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:52 PM, Eagleblood52 said:

Wentz is trash until proven otherwise.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, brkmsn said:

I think they need to put more emphasize on getting Reagor involved, his vertical (42'') alone has him winning most jump balls.

As far as Fulgham goes, I thinks fans crowned him a little too early, let's give him the remainder of the season and see what he has.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think they need to put more emphasize on getting Reagor involved, his vertical (42'') alone has him winning most jump balls.

As far as Fulgham goes, I thinks fans crowned him a little too early, let's give him the remainder of the season and see what he has.

If you expect Fulgham to have a great game every week when his QB is having his own worst season as a QB, then I don't know what to say. This isn't a "regression." It's just exactly what you see. When the ball is placed in the right spot, he's been clutch. When it's a bad throw that he can get his hands on somehow, it's a coin flip. When it's wet and a bad throw... honestly, I'm surprised he came as close as he did to making a catch out of some of those targets. You can think what you want, but Fulgham's good game stretch came against some pretty good defenses. He's one player I'm not too worried about. Give him a good pass and he's money. 

16 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No idea why they haven't involved Reagor more

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

If you expect Fulgham to have a great game every week when his QB is having his own worst season as a QB, then I don't know what to say. This isn't a "regression." It's just exactly what you see. When the ball is placed in the right spot, he's been clutch. When it's a bad throw that he can get his hands on somehow, it's a coin flip. When it's wet and a bad throw... honestly, I'm surprised he came as close as he did to making a catch out of some of those targets. You can think what you want, but Fulgham's good game stretch came against some pretty good defenses. He's one player I'm not too worried about. Give him a good pass and he's money. 

He's had drops recently. His whole thing was if it's in his area then it should be catchable. Lately that hasn't been the case

Archived