Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

He's had drops recently. His whole thing was if it's in his area then it should be catchable. Lately that hasn't been the case

Not catching a borderline uncatchable pass is not a drop.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Not catching a borderline uncatchable pass is not a drop.

Lol of course it's Wentz fault :rolleyes:

It's not that he's now getting recognized by other teams so they actually scheme for him. It's also not that he's literally dropped catchable passes

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This isn't a "regression." 

I didn't mention anything about a "regression".

The point that I was trying to make was Fulgham made a name for himself earlier in the season, defenses took notice and tightened the coverage, the ball is in Fulgham's court, let's see what he does. 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

Alshon is back...  correlation doesnt equal causation, but it is interesting that Alshon's return to the lineup matches up with the decline of Fulgham and whispers of Wentz being a bad practice player.  

Nice effort on that pick, btw Alshon.  Reminded me of Nelson Agholor at his worst.

It’s hard to blame Alshon for this. Last week Alshon was only in like 7% of the snaps. Fulgham was at like 60%. Reagor might be more of the reason Fulgham isn’t getting as much touches. It seemed last week they didn’t even go Fulgham’s way until late in the game and over the past two weeks he’s had a few drops. Some were catchable passes and some were Wentz 2020 specialties. 

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He's had drops recently. His whole thing was if it's in his area then it should be catchable. Lately that hasn't been the case

Yes, those drops were due to tight coverage, there was zero separation.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol of course it's Wentz fault :rolleyes:

It's not that he's now getting recognized by other teams so they actually scheme for him. It's also not that he's literally dropped catchable passes

He has 1 drop on the season officially.

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Where are you getting this from? He's had more than 1 drop

23 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Where are you getting this from? He's had more than 1 drop

Let's just say he didn't come down with several catchable balls.

Maybe all the hype around Fulgham was realized around the rest of the league too - opposing teams probably started watching more film on the guy and started game planning for him (especially since he was one of very few to do much on offense).  Either way, I don’t think we are set yet at WR even if he does start producing like he did earlier.  If we can add an elite talent like Chase to this group that would be a tremendous boost.  Imagine Chase, Reagor, and Fulgham as our top 3.  

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Maybe all the hype around Fulgham was realized around the rest of the league too - opposing teams probably started watching more film on the guy and started game planning for him (especially since he was one of very few to do much on offense).  Either way, I don’t think we are set yet at WR even if he does start producing like he did earlier.  If we can add an elite talent like Chase to this group that would be a tremendous boost.  Imagine Chase, Reagor, and Fulgham as our top 3.  

It could be a case of Fulgham falling back to earth some. This team is so weird. Wentz gets more weapons (gets back Goedert, Reagor, and Jeffery) and somehow becomes a worse quarterback and Fulgham becomes invisible. The thing is it’s not like the other guys got a lot of catches either. It’s like Carson can’t function unless all the guys around him are pretty much nameless. 

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

No idea why they haven't involved Reagor more

Why do they keep using Ward for all these WR screens and not use Reagor? It makes no sense. 

The Nasty Nate award goes to the comically overhyped player in camp who never makes the team.

At the end of every season, the Fulgoat award needs to go to the scrub who has a couple good games and is anointed a long term building block before disappearing back to irrelevance.  

This guy hasn't even been doubled or gameplanned for and we are ready to say he is a legit #1 receiver. Too risky to bank on that. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Why do they keep using Ward for all these WR screens and not use Reagor? It makes no sense. 

Screens go nowhere unless there's really good blocking out in front of it. Maybe Ward can't block for jack-ish and Reagor can. That would make it a no brainer to throw to Ward.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

the Fulgoat award needs to go to the scrub who has a couple good games and is anointed a long term building block before disappearing back to irrelevance.  

Ouch!!

3 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

This guy hasn't even been doubled or gameplanned for and we are ready to say he is a legit #1 receiver. Too risky to bank on that. 

So, after making the key catch against the 49ers, the Steelers just said, "screw it," and let him have a field day against their top rated secondary. After putting up 10 catches against the Steelers, the Ravens said, "ah screw it," and allowed him to have 6 more catches for 75 yards. Then the Giants and Cowboys clearly said, "screw it, we give up." But then the Giants had a change of heart and turned on the wind machine and the Browns followed that up with a rain dance.

"Hasn't been game-planned for..." LOL

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

At the end of every season, the Fulgoat award needs to go to the scrub who has a couple good games and is anointed a long term building block before disappearing back to irrelevance.  

Lot of past good ones. 

• Stewart Bradley (in his defense he was plagued by injuries).
  • Kiko Alonso was supposed to be our future keystone defensive piece for years to come. Remember his diving one-handed interception his first game?
  • Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones
  • Mack Hollins

Plenty more I'm probably forgetting.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Screens go nowhere unless there's really good blocking out in front of it. Maybe Ward can't block for jack-ish and Reagor can. That would make it a no brainer to throw to Ward.

Or if that’s the problem then don’t put Ward out there to block. 

45 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Lot of past good ones. 

• Stewart Bradley (in his defense he was plagued by injuries).
  • Kiko Alonso was supposed to be our future keystone defensive piece for years to come. Remember his diving one-handed interception his first game?
  • Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones
  • Mack Hollins

Plenty more I'm probably forgetting.

Going back a bit:

Mike Labinjo (RIP)

Lamar Gordon

Monte Reagor (Jalen’s Dad)

On 11/27/2020 at 4:18 PM, judunno said:

Wentz is trash until proven otherwise.

It’s the offensive scheme...dougs an idiot the offense has grown worse over the course of 3 years...that’s not wentz, that’s offensive scheme...no receivers no online and look at all the pass plays instead of running it with our star rb 

5 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

It’s the offensive scheme...dougs an idiot the offense has grown worse over the course of 3 years...that’s not wentz, that’s offensive scheme...no receivers no online and look at all the pass plays instead of running it with our star rb 

Correction

Wentz is trash until proven otherwise AND Pederson is trash until proven otherwise

the kid has become a total non factor. If that isnt an indictment of our coaching staff I dont know what is.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:31 PM, EagleVA said:

Yes, those drops were due to tight coverage, there was zero separation.

I seem to remember some rain involved and us still passing like fools recently.

Interesting that Wentz kind of hinted at Jeffery's increasing playing time having a factor in Fulgham's disappearance.  I agree.  I think the Eagles coaches are stunting his development to play an aging player who is making big money. That might be a Howie call.  But, Jeffery is taking half of Fulgham's playing time at least and probably quite a bit of his reps in practice. Peters and Jeffery should be riding the pine and we should be developing these young players right now especially when they are probably already better than Peters and Jeffery are.

Archived