Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

34 minutes ago, New Zealand Eagle said:

I don't see how we can target WR round 1 with the holes on OL. 

Look at Dallas, what good does a star studded pass catching group do for you if your QB is on his back most snaps. 

Early days, but i say OL round 1 then WR round 2 or 3. 

I feel the opposite. I think it's far easier to find an impact O-lineman after the 1st round than an impact WR. 

Look at our best starting O-line of the past few years:

LT - JP (undrafted.)

LG - Seumalo - (3rd Rd.)

C - Kelce (6th Rd.)

RG - Brooks (3rd Rd.)

Rt - Johnson (1st Rd.)

I will say this though, if the team could only fill 1 big hole on the roster at O-line or WR, then yes, draft O-line for the QB's sake. I just don't see the Eagles as having that huge hole requiring a 1st round pick, especially if Mailata develops into a solid LT. I do see a hole at WR#1 though. Time will tell. 

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I feel the opposite. I think it's far easier to find an impact O-lineman after the 1st round than an impact WR. 

Couldn't agree with you more. Especially with a coach like Stoutland. 

We need a new young C but I think we can pick up a good option in this middle rounds. We probably need to add another OG but again I'd go middle rounds.

LT I would leave for next year. Mailata holds that spot and I'd let Dillard fight it out with him in camp. 

18 hours ago, nipples said:

But then you can also look at the Chiefs with Hill. When the Broncos won, Thomas was a 1300 yard receiver. To be honest the Patriots are skewing things because they have won so damn much and don’t have an elite receiver in those years. 

15 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Broncos won because their defense was all-world, not because of Demarius Thomas.

Yeah - Thomas was very good but had 1 catch for 8 yards in the Super Bowl.

Hill is also very good, but only has one season over 1150 yards and that wasn’t the Super Bowl year.

Most Super Bowl teams in the past 20 years don’t have an elite receiver.

We need to focus on the D now.

This may have been dealt with, but do we have Fulgham on his 2019 rookie deal through waivers? So do we have another 2 years of control?

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This may have been dealt with, but do we have Fulgham on his 2019 rookie deal through waivers? So do we have another 2 years of control?

Think I've answered my own question. He signed a one year deal but as he has less than 3 years in the league, he will be an exclusive rights free agent, so provided we offer him the minimum, he's not going anywhere. Gives us time to get that contract sorted.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:03 PM, Arsenal79 said:

What a find this kid is.  Total luck but I'll take it.  

Time for haterz to STFU and give props.  FulGOAT is the real deal and we finally have a #1 big WR!

Who are "haters" of Fulgham?  

Do you see these haters right now?  Are they in the room with you?

:lol:

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Who are "haters" of Fulgham?  Literally no one.  

Do you see these haters right now?  Are they in the room with you?

:lol:

There were several on the blog but FulGOAT's continued dominance is shutting them down one by one!

A nice look at a route that Fulgham ran from the slot.

Him having inside/outside versatility is pretty big. It makes it easier for the team to create mismatches, especially since Reagor can do the same.

18 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

LT - JP (undrafted.)

LG - Seumalo - (3rd Rd.)

C - Kelce (6th Rd.)

RG - Brooks (3rd Rd.)

Rt - Johnson (1st Rd.)

I will say this though, if the team could only fill 1 big hole on the roster at O-line or WR, then yes, draft O-line for the QB's sake. I just don't see the Eagles as having that huge hole requiring a 1st round pick, especially if Mailata develops into a solid LT. I do see a hole at WR#1 though. Time will tell. 

They did take Dillard in the 1st, but he's currently about to lose his job to a 7th round project who never played football.  

You add in guys who are playing because of injury.  Mailata 7th, Pryor 7th, Driscoll 4th, Prince 6th, previously Big V 5th.

With Stoutland he's a great coach that can work with these guys.  You don't "have" to take O lineman high, as evidenced by guys from mid to late rounds he can develop.

I don't think you really go into any draft focused on just 1 position in a certain round.  You see what players are in the draft, gather your evaluations and build your board and you try to build the best team possible.  You probably have certain positions you want to come away with from the draft, but not stuck on what round you take them.  That's how you could potentially reach and miss out on top talent.

41 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

There were several on the blog but FulGOAT's continued dominance is shutting them down one by one!

I'm pretty sure they were either on my ignore list or they were just people who haven't bought in yet.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, nipples said:

Seeing some people here talking about Fulgham in the slot. I disagree completely. Sure he probably COULD play there (I’m fairly certain he could) but a guy with his size and athleticism you want on the outside.

Ward isn’t a game breaker by any means, but I like him to stay in the slot. Reliable hands and can find openings to pick up first downs. Fulgham and Reagor on the outside should be a tough combo. You’ve got your physical, lengthy receiver on one side and your speedster on the other. 

Now if they did happen to draft another WR high that is more of an outside guy, I think Reagor is the one you move to the slot. 

Well, supposedly, they really liked both Reagor and Jefferson, and the biggest reason they chose Reagor is that they felt he could play the outside, and they felt that was more important and harder to find than a good slot receiver.

I think what we are starting to see from these guys is just the product of good coaching. Fulgham aside, I think the new WR coach is already showing to be much better than Squelch.

3 hours ago, matchew88 said:

I think what we are starting to see from these guys is just the product of good coaching. Fulgham aside, I think the new WR coach is already showing to be much better than Squelch.

I think that's a good point. As fans we knock the position coaches when players are not playing well and aren't improving... So it is only right that we give them credit when players do play well. 

18 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Really excited about Fulgham vs a soft & beaten down Dallas Defense. 

Who just traded Griffen and cut Poe and Worley. I bet Amari Cooper gets traded too. Before Sunday would be awesome!

43 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Who just traded Griffen and cut Poe and Worley. I bet Amari Cooper gets traded too. Before Sunday would be awesome!

Man what’s happening in Dallas... Think they’re about to hit a cleaning house with a fire sale? 

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Man what’s happening in Dallas... Think they’re about to hit a cleaning house with a fire sale? 

Think they are don't the right thing. That's a very talented bunch of players but that's not a team. 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:43 PM, matchew88 said:

Agreed. Even Hightower has been pretty solid for a mid-late round rookie. Reagor was looking pretty good before the injury. Fulgham obviously tearing it up. Which goes to show just how bad JJAW is... all these young receivers being coached up and playing well, yet our 2nd round pick a year ago is nearly invisible. 

34 minutes ago, nipples said:

Agreed. Even Hightower has been pretty solid for a mid-late round rookie. Reagor was looking pretty good before the injury. Fulgham obviously tearing it up. Which goes to show just how bad JJAW is... all these young receivers being coached up and playing well, yet our 2nd round pick a year ago is nearly invisible. 

Fulgham is beating out Jeffery playing X. Jeffery is greater than JJAW (his backup and former and no longer "heir apparent" ). At the beginning of the year, Reagor was filling in at X because Jackson was healthy and the team really wanted to get Reagor on the field as much as possible. Hightower has been filling in at Z, but will see a significant drop in snap count when Reagor returns since Z is what they really drafted Reagor to play. 

39 minutes ago, nipples said:

Hightower has been really quite impressive i think. I mean I know he's had the drops but he's a fifth round rookie. He's come up with some decent plays so far.

9 for 166 through 7 games? I mean he could end up with... 20 for 400 roughly for the year which would be right up there with what our WRs produced last year... and he's what the #4?

On 10/27/2020 at 3:18 AM, PoconoDon said:

LT - JP (undrafted.)

LG - Seumalo - (3rd Rd.)

C - Kelce (6th Rd.)

RG - Brooks (3rd Rd.)

Rt - Johnson (1st Rd.)

The need on O line is guard and center rather than tackle, and you can usually pick up good ones in the 2nd, if we're picking higher than 15 then any guard we picked would have to be like an all pro out of the box level prospect.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hightower has been really quite impressive i think. I mean I know he's had the drops but he's a fifth round rookie. He's come up with some decent plays so far.

9 for 166 through 7 games? I mean he could end up with... 20 for 400 roughly for the year which would be right up there with what our WRs produced last year... and he's what the #4?

It’s encouraging that he keeps getting open, especially downfield. I think eventually he’ll start hauling in more of those passes. He’s a rookie getting acclimated to the NFL. It takes time, sometimes.

7 hours ago, vaff said:

It’s encouraging that he keeps getting open, especially downfield. I think eventually he’ll start hauling in more of those passes. He’s a rookie getting acclimated to the NFL. It takes time, sometimes.

Absolutely. And OK if he has some drops but keeps getting open and makes some catches then defenses have to respect that deep threat down field. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived