Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure there's much of a point... Reagor was injured after showing promise. Dillard was always going to sit last year. 

Should he have sit though? Fine they might want to bring him along slower, but if the eventual plan was to make him the starter the better move should have been to phase Peters out permanently. Why just give the keys the following year to an unproven player to block the blindside of Wentz. At least if he played last year more they could have completely known if they needed a new LT. Now it wont be until his third season in the league (unless he gets hurt again) if they will find out if this guy can play or not. 

48 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I want nothing more than for Fulgham to be another notable exception. I firmly believe though, that an exception to a rule doesn't create a new rule, it just provides an exception. Outliers are merely outliers to me. They're interesting but don't really move the needle for me at all.

Still, if Fulgham turns out to be the equal of Ricky Proehl or better, I'd be quite happy about the Eagles finding him. To me, the next step either way for the position group, is to identify and add a WR (or two) better than he is in the upcoming off season. 

Oh, I agree.  But, in a case like this, where there's no other option and he's producing... you follow this trail until you find out if he's an exception or just a guy who had a few nice games.   As he starts to rack up week after week and puts tape out there, and teams see him.  Eventually he'll need to adjust to the defenses' adjustments to him.

As for the offseason, hopefully we will have 9 more games of Fulgham to make a determination of who he really is.  And we'll have some time to see Reagor in action again and see if he's the real deal.   Hightower has been promising... but he needs to work on his hands.  But, he's at least getting open... that's a start.   So, I'm not sure that this team needs to make an offseason shopping list yet.  There are some players that could develop over the 2nd half of the season and show that WR isn't the need that it was going into this past offseason.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh, I agree.  But, in a case like this, where there's no other option and he's producing... you follow this trail until you find out if he's an exception or just a guy who had a few nice games.   As he starts to rack up week after week and puts tape out there, and teams see him.  Eventually he'll need to adjust to the defenses' adjustments to him.

As for the offseason, hopefully we will have 9 more games of Fulgham to make a determination of who he really is.  And we'll have some time to see Reagor in action again and see if he's the real deal.   Hightower has been promising... but he needs to work on his hands.  But, he's at least getting open... that's a start.   So, I'm not sure that this team needs to make an offseason shopping list yet.  There are some players that could develop over the 2nd half of the season and show that WR isn't the need that it was going into this past offseason.

Regardless if its a need or not financially who we have is going to have to work. 

Reagor

Ward

Fulgham

Hightower

Arcega Wasteside

Watkins  will be 2021s wideout group.

21 minutes ago, Pliny said:

Arcega "Wasteside"

Nice...LOL

It came up on my spell check, it's like Samsung already knows...lmao

44 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Regardless if its a need or not financially who we have is going to have to work. 

Reagor

Ward

Fulgham

Hightower

Arcega Wasteside

Watkins  will be 2021s wideout group.

I think you are right, because even without Desean and Alshon on the roster, there's still going to be a TON of money invested in the WR position, due to their dead money.

I have a good feeling about Reagor and Fulgham.  Ward is what he is.  The biggest wild cards are Hightower and Watkins.  Can Hightower become a slightly better version of Todd Pinkston?   I hope so.  Having Hightower and/or Watkins be the dedicated deep threats, opens up Reagor to be used in a much wider variety of ways, because the spacing will still be there.

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think you are right, because even without Desean and Alshon on the roster, there's still going to be a TON of money invested in the WR position, due to their dead money.

I have a good feeling about Reagor and Fulgham.  Ward is what he is.  The biggest wild cards are Hightower and Watkins.  Can Hightower become a slightly better version of Todd Pinkston?   I hope so.  Having Hightower and/or Watkins be the dedicated deep threats, opens up Reagor to be used in a much wider variety of ways, because the spacing will still be there.

Fulgham can play the slot well too.

My preference is Chase in Rd#1 of the draft to finish off the starters. Chase#1(X), Reagor#2(Y), Fulgham#3(slot). 1st off the bench -Ward #4, and then the rest. 

Of course, my preference is never reality...LOL.

53 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

My preference is Chase in Rd#1 of the draft to finish off the starters. Chase#1(X), Reagor#2(Y), Fulgham#3(slot). 1st off the bench -Ward #4, and then the rest. 

Seems most of us can say that.  lol   I would be good with that, but feel that they will look elsewhere in Round 1.

8 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Seems most of us can say that.  lol   I would be good with that, but feel that they will look elsewhere in Round 1.

My early prediction is DB or DL in first round...maybe they even keep the QB factory going?

If Fulgham and Hightower are legit, do you really need to draft WR round 1? Fulgham, Raegor, HighTower, Ward...Ward is a great WR4 now.

Fulgham is for real.  He and Reagor will be the main pieces going forward.  Play Hightower and Watkins this season and find out what we have in this pair. 

OL and CB should be the targets on draft. 

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

OL and CB should be the targets on draft. 

Whether we’re 4th or 32nd in the 1st round, it’s gotta be one of these.

20 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I like that thought too, unfortunately i think this team needs to go back to the Andy Reid Regime and draft early in the trenches. Peters, Maybe Kelce, Malik, BG, perhaps even maybe Cox will not be on the roster in 2021 due to finances.

4 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

perhaps even maybe Cox will not be on the roster in 2021 due to finances.

Cox will. They just stupidly restructured Cox contract. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cox will. They just stupidly restructured Cox contract. 

Ahh I did see that, another kick the money down the road howie special...

8 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

I like that thought too, unfortunately i think this team needs to go back to the Andy Reid Regime and draft early in the trenches. Peters, Maybe Kelce, Malik, BG, perhaps even maybe Cox will not be on the roster in 2021 due to finances.

It should be BPA. Too many holes or aging players. OL/DL/CB would be my preference. Look at Atlanta they have two of the best WRs in all of the NFL and they suck.

6 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Ahh I did see that, another kick the money down the road howie special...

Yep! But remember... He's the cap wizard. 

22 hours ago, matchew88 said:

If Fulgham and Hightower are legit, do you really need to draft WR round 1? Fulgham, Raegor, HighTower, Ward...Ward is a great WR4 now.

Just the discovery of Fulgham  paired with the Reagor pick makes using a 1st for a WR in 2021 pretty stupid with all the more pressing needs. Even when Dak was healthy, that decision to take a great WR prospect over a need has kept dallas from winning games. Why should we repeat their mistake?

38 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Just the discovery of Fulgham  paired with the Reagor pick makes using a 1st for a WR in 2021 pretty stupid with all the more pressing needs. Even when Dak was healthy, that decision to take a great WR prospect over a need has kept dallas from winning games. Why should we repeat their mistake?

I agree with this.   And this is another deep WR class, and there should be a good to great WR available in Round 2 and possibly even into Rounds 3 and 4.  

And what we've seen over the last 2 years, is that with even 'middle of the road' talent at WR, Wentz can win.  BUT... with the OL in a shambles, that's the Achilles heel.  The OL needs to be better, they need youth.  Kelce is 32 and on the verge of retirement.  I love Brooks, but how much longer can we rely on him?  Johnson keeps dealing with little dings, and as good as he is when healthy, he's not helping when he's not in the lineup... see also, Morgan Moses, Washington OT.  

Priority 1 to is to keep Wentz clean in the pocket. 
Priority 2 is to give him a reliable running game (like they had in 2017).   This is much easier when you have a better OL, in general as well.
Priority 3 is to give him additional targets.  Getting Goedert back after the bye will change the look of the receiving corps as well.

Seeing some people here talking about Fulgham in the slot. I disagree completely. Sure he probably COULD play there (I’m fairly certain he could) but a guy with his size and athleticism you want on the outside.

Ward isn’t a game breaker by any means, but I like him to stay in the slot. Reliable hands and can find openings to pick up first downs. Fulgham and Reagor on the outside should be a tough combo. You’ve got your physical, lengthy receiver on one side and your speedster on the other. 

Now if they did happen to draft another WR high that is more of an outside guy, I think Reagor is the one you move to the slot. 

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

Seeing some people here talking about Fulgham in the slot. I disagree completely. Sure he probably COULD play there (I’m fairly certain he could) but a guy with his size and athleticism you want on the outside.

See i like the idea if you've got 3 WRs who can all interchange positions. Like Reagor could at times move inside. If you had like a J'Mar Chase to the mix you could really change it up and give lots of different looks. Otherwise I'm all about Fulgham at X.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, matchew88 said:

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I agree with this.   And this is another deep WR class, and there should be a good to great WR available in Round 2 and possibly even into Rounds 3 and 4.  

And what we've seen over the last 2 years, is that with even 'middle of the road' talent at WR, Wentz can win.  BUT... with the OL in a shambles, that's the Achilles heel.  The OL needs to be better, they need youth.  Kelce is 32 and on the verge of retirement.  I love Brooks, but how much longer can we rely on him?  Johnson keeps dealing with little dings, and as good as he is when healthy, he's not helping when he's not in the lineup... see also, Morgan Moses, Washington OT.  

Priority 1 to is to keep Wentz clean in the pocket. 
Priority 2 is to give him a reliable running game (like they had in 2017).   This is much easier when you have a better OL, in general as well.
Priority 3 is to give him additional targets.  Getting Goedert back after the bye will change the look of the receiving corps as well.

All of this.

People obsess about WR and we certainly needed more in the Pinkston/Thrash days and we certainly needed more than we had last year. But how many Super Bowl winning teams have elite receivers. How many elite receivers over the past twenty years have gone without a Super Bowl. Owens and Moss never won one. Jones and Ridley don't look close. Hopkins? Nope. Davante Adams hasn't.

This team desperately needs young talent on the D and the O-Line. That's where the focus should be. Fulgham, Reagor and Ward is a good start. Hopefully Hightower and Ward continue to develop. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

All of this.

People obsess about WR and we certainly needed more in the Pinkston/Thrash days and we certainly needed more than we had last year. But how many Super Bowl winning teams have elite receivers. How many elite receivers over the past twenty years have gone without a Super Bowl. Owens and Moss never won one. Jones and Ridley don't look close. Hopkins? Nope. Davante Adams hasn't.

This team desperately needs young talent on the D and the O-Line. That's where the focus should be. Fulgham, Reagor and Ward is a good start. Hopefully Hightower and Ward continue to develop. 

But then you can also look at the Chiefs with Hill. When the Broncos won, Thomas was a 1300 yard receiver. To be honest the Patriots are skewing things because they have won so damn much and don’t have an elite receiver in those years. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

But then you can also look at the Chiefs with Hill. When the Broncos won, Thomas was a 1300 yard receiver. To be honest the Patriots are skewing things because they have won so damn much and don’t have an elite receiver in those years. 

The Broncos won because their defense was all-world, not because of Demarius Thomas.

I don't see how we can target WR round 1 with the holes on OL. 

Look at Dallas, what good does a star studded pass catching group do for you if your QB is on his back most snaps. 

Early days, but i say OL round 1 then WR round 2 or 3. 

Archived