Board technical issues

Moderator12

Did you ever figure out why mobile facebook links wont embed and why some twitter and instagram videos wont play?

No rush by the way:lol:

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you ever figure out why mobile facebook links wont embed and why some twitter and instagram videos wont play?

Would love to have this issue resolved. It's been like this forever.

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is this issue only on mobile devices?

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

On my pc I get twitter videos not playing all the time. 

We were having an issue with editing posts yesterday but it seems to have resolved itself.  let me know if it persists

15 hours ago, B3 said:

Try posting it as plain text.  Its either a right click option or you are given the option at the bottom of the posting window.

Using your link, but posting as plain text:

1 minute ago, Moderator12 said:

We were having an issue with editing posts yesterday but it seems to have resolved itself.  let me know if it persists

Scratch that... got it again.  <_< 

8 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

6 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

Scratch that... got it again.  <_< 

It *seems* to happen if there is something embedded, may it be YouTube or Twitter.    If there is no embeded content, the timeout doesnt trigger

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Which one? The facebook one is on mobile

The videos not playing with twitter and instagram I've only seen not working with PC. I haven't checked with mobile

52 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Which one? The facebook one is on mobile

The videos not playing with twitter and instagram I've only seen not working with PC. I haven't checked with mobile

15 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Would love to have this issue resolved. It's been like this forever.

Down at the bottom of the forum, there's a 'Theme' drop down. I just made the generic Invision theme available, switch to that and find an embedded video that hasn't worked for you in the past and try it on that theme and let me know. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Down at the bottom of the forum, there's a 'Theme' drop down. I just made the generic Invision theme available, switch to that and find an embedded video that hasn't worked for you in the past and try it on that theme and let me know. 

Still didn't work. I'm quite used to it being like that.

The twitter vid not playing is not a problem just with this site. 

Im on PC. I just tried to watch Cuomo take the covid test on live TV and act like it didnt hurt. The vid wouldnt play on that site till I visited the actual link to the tweet. Here is the website. See if it doesnt play for you guys till you go to the actual tweet.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2020/05/17/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-takes-covid-19-test-live-national-tv/5209175002/

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im on PC. I just tried to watch Cuomo take the covid test on live TV and act like it didnt hurt. The vid wouldnt play on that site till I visited the actual link to the tweet. Here is the website. See if it doesnt play for you guys till you go to the actual tweet.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2020/05/17/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-takes-covid-19-test-live-national-tv/5209175002/

Still didn't play.

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm able to watch that video on that site on PC

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Still didn't play.

ah. well Ive never had that issue. Often it wont play here. But when I click the tweet and watch it on twitter it plays.

Now with the article I just posted. Id didnt play for me on that website. I went to twitter and it played. I embedded the tweet here in the blog and it actually played there too. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I'm able to watch that video on that site on PC

hmm weird. 

Just check and I can watch it on mobile on that site as well. Didn't need to go twitter for either

If you can, post (or quote from here) a couple of examples where they don't work here. 

I just tried a whole bunch and right now all are working. Next time it happens Ill post it now that I know its not just me.

But like I found with that Cuomo thing, I dont think its a problem related to this site. 

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you can, post (or quote from here) a couple of examples where they don't work here. 

What about the mobile facebook embedding? Any idea why it doesn't like the links with the m in them?

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What about the mobile facebook embedding? Any idea why it doesn't like the links with the m in them?

I'm going to submit a support ticket to Invision, but I want a few examples so that I can direct them to an exact location where it's confirmed that people are having issues. 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm going to submit a support ticket to Invision, but I want a few examples so that I can direct them to an exact location where it's confirmed that people are having issues. 

I don't know how to give any examples since the link doesn't even paste if it's from the mobile facebook app. It's very strange to have to paste it into safari to get the nonmobile link and then paste it here to post

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know how to give any examples since the link doesn't even paste if it's from the mobile facebook app. It's very strange to have to paste it into safari to get the nonmobile link and then paste it here to post

Here's some embeds, see if they play for you (or anyone else who's having trouble, please post your response). 

When I submit the support ticket, I'll ask them about the mobile issue. Did you try using the generic Invision theme as a test? If things work normally on the generic skin but not our custom one, then I'll go in a different direction.  

Twitter:

Facebook:

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here's some embeds, see if they play for you (or anyone else who's having trouble, please post your response). 

When I submit the support ticket, I'll ask them about the mobile issue. Did you try using the generic Invision theme as a test? If things work normally on the generic skin but not our custom one, then I'll go in a different direction.  

Twitter:

Facebook:

Im on my phone now and that Twitter vid didn't play.  

Facebook did. 

Both videos played for me on PC(the new edge browser) and mobile(safari) and on both themes

I tried posting a mobile facebook link here with the other theme and still nothing appears

Twitter does not play. Facebook does play. Both themes, same thing.

5 hours ago, Procus said:

Getting this message when trying to post an article

Yeah, I'm going to call them later in the day, I'm getting the same thing. 

• Like 1