After Last Night i Accept we are Cursed to Win this Years NFC East

Cochis_Calhoun

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

So Lurie's the problem. After all, only one Super Bowl his entire time here, and everything else has changed several times. 

That's more than I know, but whatever. No doubt your reports about what goes on behind closed doors are infallible. 

Straw man, I never said that but you're making yourself look more ridiculous with each post.  Addressed that bolded below.

You can't fire the owner, Lurie is going nowhere.  Yes, in case you missed it people want Howie fired...guess who has to do that?  Lurie.  So yeah, fans are blaming Lurie.  Lurie gave Reid the keys then Howie, then let Chip take over then gave the keys back to Howie.  He didn't want a traditional GM structure for a long time then finally gave Howie that title.  He needs to fire Howie and get a traditional structure with a GM who knows what he's doing and run the organization properly. You can't change the owner, and actually I think overall he's a good owner he just needs to get a good GM to run things.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You cherry picked one thing which I even said "if those things are true."  You conveniently skipped the parts where I said there are things that are not in dispute, like bad contracts, salary cap and trades that are on Howie, without question.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

There are like a handful of posters that do what you're describing, the rest are all just evaluating what they see.  Most fans are loving Fulgham, Reagor, Goedert, Ward, Kelce, Sanders and other guys playing well.  Fans have started to give compliments to the new WR coach Morehouse suggesting that the young WRs are coming along.

Then you see Wentz have 4 turnovers against the worst defense in the league, Ertz playing bad all year, coaches making bad play calls...again call em like you see em.

You are the one who sounds like the a-hole calling people middle school girls and getting triggered every time someone is critical of this bad team putting out bad performances.  

I don't deny that I sound like an a-hole. That's very much what I'm being here. 

And until all of you can prove that you know what you're talking about, I'm going to go on being an a-hole. 

What was Howie's opinion of DK Metcalf? What did various Eagles scouts say about him? What did Doug say about him? Did Lurie have any input in the decision? Tell me the GD details or just stop pretending. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Straw man, I never said that but you're making yourself look more ridiculous with each post.  Addressed that bolded below.

You can't fire the owner, Lurie is going nowhere.  Yes, in case you missed it people want Howie fired...guess who has to do that?  Lurie.  So yeah, fans are blaming Lurie.  Lurie gave Reid the keys then Howie, then let Chip take over then gave the keys back to Howie.  He didn't want a traditional GM structure for a long time then finally gave Howie that title.  He needs to fire Howie and get a traditional structure with a GM who knows what he's doing and run the organization properly. You can't change the owner, and actually I think overall he's a good owner he just needs to get a good GM to run things.

You should own an NFL team. You have it all figured out. It'd be easy for you. Your team would be like the Patriots but better. 

Like on Madden. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

Because it's not even worth arguing. None of know which of things things Howie or anyone else wanted, and which of them Howie or someone else just went along with. None of us know what any particular individual wanted or said about any particular decision. So we have ignorance piled on top of ignorance multiplied by ignorance, and supposedly it tallies up as complete confidence about whose fault everything is. 

Again, it's like kids complaining that their parents aren't managing the money right. Maybe they're not, and maybe it's mom's fault because she's so mean, but we don't know.

The kids should just go play outside and have a good time instead of pretending to be financial planners.  

Well if you're going to ignore facts and just throw out silly name calling then we're done here.

I already said twice there are things we know with certainty Howie is responsible for and now he's responsible for drafts as well, and has publicly taken that responsibility.  You're just trolling and it's sad.

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This is a discussion board. It’s used for discussing facts and also opinions. Sometimes you agree with other opinions, other times, you don’t. You like to claim we all are throwing temper tantrums, but you’re guilty of the same because you don’t like some opinions that differ from yours. 

Yeah, triggered tantrums while calling other people middle school girls.  :wacko:

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

Yeah, triggered tantrums while calling other people middle school girls.  :wacko:

Go figure. 

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This is a discussion board. It’s used for discussing facts and also opinions. Sometimes you agree with other opinions, other ties you don’t. You like to claim we all are throwing temper tantrums, but you’re guilty of the same because you don’t like some opinions that differ from yours. 

Opinions that differ from mine? 

I don't have opinions. I don't pretend to know whether Howie or Doug or Jim should be fired or who should call plays or who should start at quarterback. 

Anyone who takes any side of those arguments is FOS. 

Well, unless they're actually inside the building and have pretty good knowledge of who's making various decisions and so on. But none of us are anywhere close to that. 

Last nights game was entertaining in the way a train wreck with a cargo of clown cars filled with clowns is entertaining. The Cowboys literally could not drive the field and their defense is the worst in the league and yet we gave them four turnovers. The defense had to score to put the game out of reach.

Everybody in that locker room knew what week it is. To come out and lay a duck, totally anti-clutch. I'm tired of the super hero mentality. Half these games wouldn't need a super hero if we didn't create a hole to begin with. Being clutch to cover up your own ish is like munchausen syndrome.

Oh, how we proud NFC East programs have fallen from our mighty trophies to the mighty turd we dropped last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

has publicly taken that responsibility

So what? That's his job. If he came out and said something like, "I wanted DK but Doug insisted that JJAW was his guy," he'd deserve to be fired even more than if he drafted the wrong receiver. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well if you're going to ignore facts and just throw out silly name calling then we're done here.

I already said twice there are things we know with certainty Howie is responsible for and now he's responsible for drafts as well, and has publicly taken that responsibility.  You're just trolling and it's sad.

What FACTS? 

We can agree that DK Metcalf would probably have been a better pick than JJAW (although in fact if DK were here and JJAW were there who knows how either of them would look). 

So who actually made the decision? Who wanted what? What did the other people involved say? 

I bet you don't know one single word of any of those conversations. And I respect you too much to think you believe what Howie or Doug or anyone else in the organization says in public about any of it. Tell me what was said behind closed doors and how you know. 

36 minutes ago, wyote said:

Opinions that differ from mine? 

I don't have opinions. I don't pretend to know whether Howie or Doug or Jim should be fired or who should call plays or who should start at quarterback. 

Anyone who takes any side of those arguments is FOS. 

Well, unless they're actually inside the building and have pretty good knowledge of who's making various decisions and so on. But none of us are anywhere close to that. 

Yeah, because it’s a stretch to think a general manager has responsibility for player personnel. It’s a stretch to think a defensive coordinator has responsibility for defensive schemes. It’s a stretch to think a head coach for game day decisions.

If you aren’t allowed to have opinions, why are you even here other than to troll??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If you aren’t allowed to have opinions, why are you even here other than to troll??

Because I'm an Eagles fan. 

Have opinions all you want. You like the Kelly green or midnight green uniforms better? Have at it all day long. 

Pretend you know poop you don't know because you want someone fired because you're mad that the team isn't as good as you dreamed it would be, do it all you want, and feel free to whine when someone like me points out that you're just pretending to know poop you don't know because you want someone fired because you're mad that the team isn't as good as you dreamed it would be.  

4 hours ago, wyote said:

Oh, poor guy. Didn't get what you wanted for Halloween. 

I guess you did. Nothing better than watching your 100 million dollar man get out played from some bum from JMU huh? 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

EagleJoe8 already made comparisons to other professions where you can be a consumer and be critical of what you're seeing without being an expert to know what it will take to solve it.  We're all just fans here.

You have a favorite TV show that starts to have a bad string of episodes or a bad season and you just don't like it anymore, you can see bad writing, acting, etc.  You may not be a TV producer and know all the industry players.  You can point to other successful shows and say get someone to run things like that, you may not literally know all the names and resumes of TV producers. 

Your favorite restaurant starts to decline in quality and the food isn't as good, the service is bad and you are unhappy with the product you're getting.  Is it one of the line cooks?  Is it the sous chef, the head chef, the manager, the owner, the place they get ingredients from changed...?  That's not our job to know as customers, they want our money they have to put out a good product and if it starts getting bad it's their job to know what's going on and find ways to fix it.  You wouldn't argue with customers and say "oh yeah, who would YOU hire as the chef to do any better?!"  That's dumb, because it's not my job to know what chefs are available to take over my favorite restaurant. I just know the food stinks now and something has to change.

Point. But I don't think we go around demanding everybody be fired when we're disappointed. Nobody in this country would have a job if that was the case. 

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Point. But I don't think we go around demanding everybody be fired when we're disappointed. Nobody in this country would have a job if that was the case. 

It's not just a matter of disappointment though. It's a pattern of subpar drafting, combined with bad contracts, and a clear downward trajectory. This is not just a case of injuries depleting this team. There is also a talent deficiency, and unless someone really believes Howie will have another magical offseason of signing a number of free agents, all of whom (aside from Warmack) worked out great for us, then I really don't see what Howie has to offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It's not just a matter of disappointment though. It's a pattern of subpar drafting, combined with bad contracts, and a clear downward trajectory. This is not just a case of injuries depleting this team. There is also a talent deficiency, and unless someone really believes Howie will have another magical offseason of signing a number of free agents, all of whom (aside from Warmack) worked out great for us, then I really don't see what Howie has to offer.

When you rise to the very top, It's not possible to have an upward trajectory. So is a downward trajectory surprising? No. It's actually to be expected. Typically, a team will experience ups and downs. The question is when can we expect it to go back up? 

My stance is that nobody (no GM) is going to come in here and magically "fix" the situation. At this point, all they can do is deal with it. We know about our cap situation next year. We know that it can be worse than originally (before Covid) projected due to the effects of a pandemic (that nobody would have planned for). We know we're going to have to find ways to get rid of some good players. 

I do believe that we can survive 2021 by signing guys willing to play on 1 year "prove it deals" to replace the players we have to get rid of. In the event the cap is lowered to the floor, there will be a much larger crop of cap casualty players available in free agency. With the lower cap for the year, teams aren't going to be handing out big money left and right. The market value for everybody will be lower. So it makes sense for players to wait one year to sign long term deals. So I expect a lot of stop-gap players will be available. On top of that, anybody playing on a 1-year deal will be playing for that next contract, so there's that motivation. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

When you rise to the very top, It's not possible to have an upward trajectory. So is a downward trajectory surprising? No. It's actually to be expected. Typically, a team will experience ups and downs. The question is when can we expect it to go back up? 

My stance is that nobody (no GM) is going to come in here and magically "fix" the situation. At this point, all they can do is deal with it. We know about our cap situation next year. We know that it can be worse than originally (before Covid) projected due to the effects of a pandemic (that nobody would have planned for). We know we're going to have to find ways to get rid of some good players. 

I do believe that we can survive 2021 by signing guys willing to play on 1 year "prove it deals" to replace the players we have to get rid of. In the event the cap is lowered to the floor, there will be a much larger crop of cap casualty players available in free agency. With the lower cap for the year, teams aren't going to be handing out big money left and right. The market value for everybody will be lower. So it makes sense for players to wait one year to sign long term deals. So I expect a lot of stop-gap players will be available. On top of that, anybody playing on a 1-year deal will be playing for that next contract, so there's that motivation. 

A constant downward trajectory does not have to be the outcome after reaching the top of the football world. It is possible to remain for a period of time, one of the stronger teams in the league. A team that's a real contender. This team is only a contender in the sense that every other team in this division doesn't seem to want to win either.

I also don't expect a new GM to come in and magically fix things in one offseason. I do expect that a good GM with a real eye for talent can at least get the process started. With Howie, I only see this getting worse before it gets better, if it ever gets better.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

You sure about that?..ever see this board after a loss?  lol

35 minutes ago, Dutchman063 said:

You sure about that?..ever see this board after a loss?  lol

Regardless of who is President generally half the country is demanding that guy be fired all the time so why should a coach/gm/player on a team get more respect than the POTUS? 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Regardless of who is President generally half the country is demanding that guy be fired all the time so why should a coach/gm/player on a team get more respect than the POTUS? 

Relax... i was joking

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess you did. Nothing better than watching your 100 million dollar man get out played from some bum from JMU huh? 

Scoreboard, son.