After Last Night i Accept we are Cursed to Win this Years NFC East

Cochis_Calhoun

All you Pep rally jackasses have a whole board to post your "ignore the evidence of your own eyes and get behind this team winning the worst division in all of Football" stuff, you want to be positive about this dumpster fire of a season fine.  I can't see a sticking plaster win in a god awful division to go one and done and get another meh late round draft pick when we need a home run draft to avoid being made even worse by an off season of desperately trying to get under the cap as a positive thing. 

8-7-1 isn't positivity its delusion, we just beat the Giants by an Evan Engram drop and one point at home. We aren't getting close to the Seahawks, Packers or Saints.

This team has been lucking into winning the division for 2 years and its made the team worse because every year we're paying players that are done for 'one more run' and drafting like we're picking players using a monkey throwing lawn darts at a grid on Howies lawn. 

If you disagree with me that's fine but take it somewhere else, you don't need to be poking your head in here with your 'I'm a better fan' happy clappy horseshit. You don't want to read me, I don't want to read you either (Uscg-green I'm looking pointedly at you) 

Just like true patriotism isn't blindly worshipping a flag, fandom isn't blindly rooting for a division win thst will prevent this team doing what needs to be done for the long term. 

• Like 6

I want the Eagles to win when they play. On game day I want them to win but in the greater picture we have to realise this is a horrible football team.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I want the Eagles to win when they play. On game day I want them to win but in the greater picture we have to realise this is a horrible football team.

Sadly I agree.  I always want to win, but sometimes a step back is needed in order to get on the right path to take many more steps forward.  This team's lack of young talent is glaring.  Some will argue we have players that will come back from IR that will help, but other than a few (Brooks, Reagor, Goedert, Seumalo), many are either role players (Ford, Perkins), aging vets (JP, Jeffery), still have question marks as to whether or not they are talented enough to be a part of the future (Dillard, Edwards), or are giving lackluster effort and have packed it in (Ertz).  There is some young talent (Wentz, Sanders, Ward, Barnett; Fulgham) but most of the talent consists of aging vets that are starting to get long in the tooth (Kelce, Cox, Graham, DJax, Johnson, McLeod, MJackson, etc.).  We just haven't appropriately added young talent behind them in the pipeline.  

• Like 3

Just now, time2rock said:

Sadly I agree.  I always want to win, but sometimes a step back is needed in order to get on the right path to take many more steps forward.  This team's lack of young talent is glaring.  Some will argue we have players that will come back from IR that will help, but other than a few (Brooks, Reagor, Goedert, Seumalo), many are either role players (Ford, Perkins), aging vets (JP, Jeffery), still have question marks as to whether or not they are talented enough to be a part of the future (Dillard, Edwards), or are giving lackluster effort and have packed it in (Ertz).  There is some young talent (Wentz, Sanders, Ward, Barnett; Fulgham) but most of the talent consists of aging vets that are starting to get long in the tooth (Kelce, Cox, Graham, DJax, Johnson, McLeod, MJackson, etc.).  We just haven't appropriately added young talent behind them in the pipeline.  

Completely agree with you here. Of course we want to win. Hell wouldn't it be great if we made the play offs and caused a couple of upsets? Maybe made the SB or the Championship game? But the reality is we are going to face better teams in the play offs and when we have faced good teams the last 2 weeks we have lost. Beating the Giants, beating the beaten up Niners and tieing with the Bungles is not convincing me that this team can go on a run. We lost to one of the worst football teams in the NFL week one. We just barely scraped past the Giants at home. I mean lets be honest Evan Engram should make that catch late in the game and if he does we lose last night. The team deserve credit for their fight and their heart, and it is encouraging that they give that for their HC no doubt! But this is a bad football team who will struggle to beat other bad football teams and will lose to the good teams.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Completely agree with you here. Of course we want to win. Hell wouldn't it be great if we made the play offs and caused a couple of upsets? Maybe made the SB or the Championship game? But the reality is we are going to face better teams in the play offs and when we have faced good teams the last 2 weeks we have lost. Beating the Giants, beating the beaten up Niners and tieing with the Bungles is not convincing me that this team can go on a run. We lost to one of the worst football teams in the NFL week one. We just barely scraped past the Giants at home. I mean lets be honest Evan Engram should make that catch late in the game and if he does we lose last night. The team deserve credit for their fight and their heart, and it is encouraging that they give that for their HC no doubt! But this is a bad football team who will struggle to beat other bad football teams and will lose to the good teams.

yup, it's time to pull a raiders and try to sell these players to get high picks now. the organization has to come to reality that this team is no going to win a sb, if not it's only going to get worse from here and maybe for a long time since the talent is getting older and letting them go for nothing is basically throwing the team in the dumpster because you are not any getting any value back to rebuild this team faster.

it's what happened with the phillies when they held on their players too long, their value dropped and couldnt nothing back resulting in that team being in a dumbster fire. the time is now to rebuild.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

yup, it's time to pull a raiders and try to sell these players to get high picks now. the organization has to come to reality that this team is no going to win a sb, if not it's only going to get worse from here and maybe for a long time since the talent is getting older and letting them go for nothing is basically throwing the team in the dumpster because you are not any getting any value back to rebuild this team faster.

it's what happened with the phillies when they held on their players too long, their value dropped and couldnt nothing back resulting in that team being in a dumbster fire. the time is now to rebuild.

I agree. I think Joel Glazer has suggested that Howie has been ringing round to let teams know that we have some of our top players available? If true then good! Howie should be looking to sell and move on from some of these older more expensive players. Maybe that is why he has just restructured the Cox deal? Though if he doesn't trade Cox then he has once again screwed us by kicking the cap down the road.

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. I think Joel Glazer has suggested that Howie has been ringing round to let teams know that we have some of our top players available? If true then good! Howie should be looking to sell and move on from some of these older more expensive players. Maybe that is why he has just restructured the Cox deal? Though if he doesn't trade Cox then he has once again screwed us by kicking the cap down the road.

Glazer's (Jay ... not Joel BTW) report contradicts an earlier report from I believe Caplan that we are looking to be buyers.  But I never believe any of these "reports" ... IMO they are usually nothing more than speculation on the part of the person putting that out there - guessing what they feel the team will do.  

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Glazer's (Jay ... not Joel BTW) report contradicts an earlier report from I believe Caplan that we are looking to be buyers.  But I never believe any of these "reports" ... IMO they are usually nothing more than speculation on the part of the person putting that out there - guessing what they feel the team will do.  

I was about to say this.  Caplan seemed damn sure that Howie is trying to be a buyer.  I assumed that was because he saw a potential run coming with improved team health.  You honestly can't pay attention to any of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I was about to say this.  Caplan seemed damn sure that Howie is trying to be a buyer.  I assumed that was because he saw a potential run coming with improved team health.  You honestly can't pay attention to any of it.

Probably buyers for a 1 year rental and increase next years cap even more

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Seems like a Howie move to me. 

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That would be a unique deal, but anything is possible.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This. Realistically, I know the best course is for them to lose a lot the season, get into the top 10 and into a better draft position in rounds 1-7, and come away with a blue chip prospect. I just can't bring myself to root for a loss when gameday comes. Eff the Giants. Eff the Cowboys. Eff the Redskins. Let's go win this dumpster fire! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

This. Realistically, I know the best course is for them to lose a lot the season, get into the top 10 and into a better draft position in rounds 1-7, and come away with a blue chip prospect. I just can't bring myself to root for a loss when gameday comes. Eff the Giants. Eff the Cowboys. Eff the Redskins. Let's go win this dumpster fire! 

See for me it isn't primarily about where they draft. Good GMs will draft well in the latter part of the draft. The bigger issue here is that we need our owner to make serious changes. I don't see that happening if we make the play offs. 

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

YESSSS

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I haven't seen a single poster saying that...and neither have you.  Some posters just decide to not constantly be over-the-top negative and defeated.

Both of the Eagles come back players ended up injured last night. Is that "negative” or is that a fact? 

On 10/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

We're going to get weeks of ****ing from every football pundit on Earth about how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs at 5-10-1, we're going to go into the record books as the worst divisional champs of the superbowl era, watch a spirited but ultimately futile 1 and done in the play offs, keep exactly the same staff everywhere because 'we made the play offs and the only problem was injuries', draft a decent but not outstanding high motor defensive end at 17 and get back to barely above .500 football in 2021.

Meanwhile the rest of the division will draft in the top 7, and Dallarse will draft all defense in the draft at least 3 of whom work out as decent starters, get Dak back and promptly stomp the NFC in 2021.

That's our curse. 

PM me the megaball numbers. 

• Haha 1

Man, the loser mentality here is delicious. 

It's possible to get better while winning. It's not like New England, Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City, Baltimore, New Orleans were built on a lot of high draft picks. It's not like decades of high draft picks turned the WFT or the Jets or the Browns into some kind of powerhouse. 

It's not Madden, boys. If you get a high draft pick, there's no guarantee the player will pan out, even if your GM is some big impressive tough-talking guy. 

Behind all this is so much mental, spiritual, emotional weakness. No fighting spirit at all. The team can go on being the Eagles, but the fan base needs to be called the Kittens.

Hopefully it's indicative of the kind of people who have time to spend on the internet rather than of our culture as a whole. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, Talonblood said:

DJAX will get hurt tonight, in the Giants game. He won't finish the game. I'm NOT wishing that on him by any means. it's just...his...old...a**...will...get hurt again-fast. :blink:

Made it to the 4th quarter at least. I was guessing 3 drives. 

• Like 1

Wait I thought Dallas was supposed to be great this year? They were a mess even before Dak got hurt. Worrying about next year because of draft position possibilities is just stoopid. We dont draft consistently good enough to worry about moving some 10 spots up in the draft. 

1 hour ago, wyote said:

It's possible to get better while winning. It's not like New England, Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City, Baltimore, New Orleans were built on a lot of high draft picks. It's not like decades of high draft picks turned the WFT or the Jets or the Browns into some kind of powerhouse. 

It's not Madden, boys. If you get a high draft pick, there's no guarantee the player will pan out, even if your GM is some big impressive tough-talking guy. 

Behind all this is so much mental, spiritual, emotional weakness. No fighting spirit at all. The team can go on being the Eagles, but the fan base needs to be called the Kittens.

Hopefully it's indicative of the kind of people who have time to spend on the internet rather than of our culture as a whole.

I agree with this post 100% 💯

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

All you Pep rally jackasses have a whole board to post your "ignore the evidence of your own eyes and get behind this team winning the worst division in all of Football" stuff, you want to be positive about this dumpster fire of a season fine.  I can't see a sticking plaster win in a god awful division to go one and done and get another meh late round draft pick when we need a home run draft to avoid being made even worse by an off season of desperately trying to get under the cap as a positive thing. 

8-7-1 isn't positivity its delusion, we just beat the Giants by an Evan Engram drop and one point at home. We aren't getting close to the Seahawks, Packers or Saints.

This team has been lucking into winning the division for 2 years and its made the team worse because every year we're paying players that are done for 'one more run' and drafting like we're picking players using a monkey throwing lawn darts at a grid on Howies lawn. 

If you disagree with me that's fine but take it somewhere else, you don't need to be poking your head in here with your 'I'm a better fan' happy clappy horseshit. You don't want to read me, I don't want to read you either (Uscg-green I'm looking pointedly at you) 

Just like true patriotism isn't blindly worshipping a flag, fandom isn't blindly rooting for a division win thst will prevent this team doing what needs to be done for the long term. 

The Eagles had a shot to take out Seattle last year in the playoffs with Josh McCown at QB due to the defense showing up.  As long as the Dline continues to be a force, the Eagles can beat any team.

A 41 year old Drew Brees with a gimpy Michael Thomas doesn't scare me.  We can take out New Orleans.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

The Eagles had a shot to take out Seattle last year in the playoffs with Josh McCown at QB due to the defense showing up.  As long as the Dline continues to be a force, the Eagles can beat any team.

A 41 year old Drew Brees with a gimpy Michael Thomas doesn't scare me.  We can take out New Orleans.

This season is such a monkeyF that anything can happen. Covid will probably create even more of a playoff imbalance before it's all said and done.

I don't know why people are scared of N.O.. Except for a couple of players on offense, that team looks cooked to me.

There's a new alignment in the NFC South with the Bucs leading the way. Hell, Atlanta might sneak in again and they always give us problems. 

6 hours ago, wyote said:

ok yes you are right about that but, it's the money/term we are paying these aging players that are declining that's dragging us down, the sooner we got out of them the better that way we can fix the holes without overpaying, that's why the pats were always so good.

24 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

ok yes you are right about that but, it's the money/term we are paying these aging players that are declining that's dragging us down, the sooner we got out of them the better that way we can fix the holes without overpaying, that's why the pats were always so good.

Yeah, we definitely need to get rid of several guys ASAP. 

• Like 1