After Last Night i Accept we are Cursed to Win this Years NFC East

Cochis_Calhoun

On 10/31/2020 at 10:46 PM, brkmsn said:

I see a lot of fans griping about this guy or that guy. Let's see some of you start naming names of legitimate candidates worthy of succeeding the people we have. I'm tired of hearing about who needs to go when there is no solution offered in the argument. I'm sure somebody will respond that things couldn't get worse, which is funny --- tell that to the rest of the NFC East. 

For GM? Anyone from Chiefs. They look like they know wtf they're doing over there the past few years. Howie does not.

For DC? Not sure. I haven't watched enough games of other teams to know. Easy solution would be pick someone from a good defensive team. I want Schwartz gone.

OC? I wish we could take Chiefs OC but IIRC you can't hire them from the same position.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

For GM? Anyone from Chiefs. They look like they know wtf they're doing over there the past few years. Howie does not.

For DC? Not sure. I haven't watched enough games of other teams to know. Easy solution would be pick someone from a good defensive team. I want Schwartz gone.

OC? I wish we could take Chiefs OC but IIRC you can't hire them from the same position.

Our defense played a lot better than our offense today. For some reason we just can't have good games on both sides of the football in the same week. That's frustrating. Wentz was awful for the most part today. I wish Doug would stop trying to force the passing game to work when we can clearly win a game by just running the ball (even with our #2 and #3 HBs). All our costly mistakes happened on passes and the weather didn't make passing easy ... but the defense was known to be very poor vs the run. In the end, we were pretty balanced, I guess, but we didn't need to throw the ball tonight. The good news is Scott is looking like a good #2 HB again, Fulgham continues to be our best offensive weapon, Reagor managed to contribute, Goedert didn't get hurt, Mailata got some game experience at RT, and TJ Edwards, one of the few real LBs on this team had his best game as a pro. 

But ... Holy crap, Wentz --- stop turning the ball over!

2 hours ago, wyote said:

Have y'all made your peace with winning yet, or does it still sting? 

I’ll let you know how I feel after Wentz leads this team to a win against a legit team with a winning record.

At the moment it feels like Washington could win it as well...vs weaker opponents we need to beat we do not play well...actually we could say we play bad and we pull of win mostly because the are even worse...vs better teams that underdog mentality comes of and we play till the end with hope to win...so far we just haven't been able to pull it off but that can happen at any game...(hopefully the play off one :D )

18 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

At the moment it feels like Washington could win it as well...vs weaker opponents we need to beat we do not play well...actually we could say we play bad and we pull of win mostly because the are even worse...vs better teams that underdog mentality comes of and we play till the end with hope to win...so far we just haven't been able to pull it off but that can happen at any game...(hopefully the play off one :D )

I mean they could for sure... I just think can they win another 3 or 4 games? Probably not and I don't think less than 5 wins is going to be enough. On that basis I think they are a real long shot. 

16 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

6-9-1 is where I see the Eagles finishing....does that win the division?

Well we learned last night 4 wins could win this division so yeah that’s very possible. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ll let you know how I feel after Wentz leads this team to a win against a legit team with a winning record.

Oh, poor guy. Didn't get what you wanted for Halloween. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, matchew88 said:

Think about this:

By end of December, we could be division champs, have a line of Mailata - Peters - Kelce - Brooks - Johnson, have Djax / Alshon / Goedert / Ertz back, have all Defensive starters, plus our rookie WRs with some seasoning.

It could happen.

And Wentz being Wentz. :whistle:

They’ll beat the Giants to get that 4th win, followed by a 5 game losing streak against Cleveland, Seattle, GB, NO, and Arizona. And sadly will still have a chance to win the division by beating Dallas and/or Washington in the last two games. 

Boys, I'm here for every win we can get. One at a time. Ingratitude spoils everything. We might not win another game this season, we're almost certainly not going to win the Super Bowl, and no matter what spot we draft next spring, our pick has a 50%+ chance of being a bust. 

But a win is a win. 

Being around TATE these days is like being around rich kids who are upset that their parents gave them the wrong sports car for their 16th birthday. 

23 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't believe it's a silly argument. If it's not your job to "know," then why is it your job to call for a firing/replacement?

Back to the point ... I just think it's fair that if you think someone should be replaced that you list qualified candidates that are available to replace that "someone."  If you're going to claim (or pretend) to know what is best for the team as an outsider (fan), then you should have an idea of someone you would like to see succeed him. 

EagleJoe8 already made comparisons to other professions where you can be a consumer and be critical of what you're seeing without being an expert to know what it will take to solve it.  We're all just fans here.

You have a favorite TV show that starts to have a bad string of episodes or a bad season and you just don't like it anymore, you can see bad writing, acting, etc.  You may not be a TV producer and know all the industry players.  You can point to other successful shows and say get someone to run things like that, you may not literally know all the names and resumes of TV producers. 

Your favorite restaurant starts to decline in quality and the food isn't as good, the service is bad and you are unhappy with the product you're getting.  Is it one of the line cooks?  Is it the sous chef, the head chef, the manager, the owner, the place they get ingredients from changed...?  That's not our job to know as customers, they want our money they have to put out a good product and if it starts getting bad it's their job to know what's going on and find ways to fix it.  You wouldn't argue with customers and say "oh yeah, who would YOU hire as the chef to do any better?!"  That's dumb, because it's not my job to know what chefs are available to take over my favorite restaurant. I just know the food stinks now and something has to change.

5 minutes ago, wyote said:

Boys, I'm here for every win we can get. One at a time. Ingratitude spoils everything. We might not win another game this season, we're almost certainly not going to win the Super Bowl, and no matter what spot we draft next spring, our pick has a 50%+ chance of being a bust. 

But a win is a win. 

Being around TATE these days is like being around rich kids who are upset that their parents gave them the wrong sports car for their 16th birthday. 

The team is bad, the entire NFCE is bad and a laughing stock.  Majority of people know it, and the way they're playing they will have a losing season.  And when they make great plays fans cheer for them.  You call em like you see me and there's been plenty to criticize this season.  You've been smug, condescending and insulting to people in many posts over many threads and that's just as bad as people quitting on the team and "throwing tantrums." 

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Your favorite restaurant starts to decline in quality and the food isn't as good, the service is bad and you are unhappy with the product you're getting.  Is it one of the line cooks?  Is it the sous chef, the head chef, the manager, the owner, the place they get ingredients from changed...?  That's not our job to know as customers, they want our money they have to put out a good product and if it starts getting bad it's their job to know what's going on and find ways to fix it. 

So in this case it'd be ridiculous for us to pretend to know for sure that the problem is the manager, right? 

That's the entire point. Once we recognize this, we'll all be just fans rather than imaginary know-it-all experts on every facet of the game and organization. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

You've been smug, condescending and insulting to people in many posts over many threads 

Yeah. I've been way worse than everyone else. 

Thing is, I hate most people here. I don't give a F about what most of you think of me. Most people here are like little kids to me. All I see is whining and temper tantrums and pretending to know stuff that they don't know. 

So, yeah, I'm mean. Everyone can grow up and get over it. When no one's pretending to know who did what and what was wrong and what'll fix it, you'll find I'm the loveliest guy in the world. 

Just now, wyote said:

So in this case it'd be ridiculous for us to pretend to know for sure that the problem is the manager, right? 

That's the entire point. Once we recognize this, we'll all be just fans rather than imaginary know-it-all experts on every facet of the game and organization. 

Perhaps.  But let's say they change the line cooks, the servers, the sous chef and then the chef and the problems still remain...who's left?  The manager.

Howie can't draft which is the #1 thing a team needs to do to be successful.  Every team makes some good picks sometimes, and they've managed to get some good picks usually guys everyone knows will be good (Sanders) or some late round project Stoutland had his eye on.  Howie's made bad contracts, and we know for certain he is responsible for them.  The cap is in bad shape.  He's made bad trades.  All of that we know is on him, can't dispute or blame on someone else.  

Then you get into reports that Doug didn't have say in firing his offensive coaches, that he didn't have say in who was active for gameday, that the organization wants to let Wentz have his way...if those things are true, that's on management.  

When you're in charge, you take responsibility for what happens in your organization.  You want the big job as GM, you take blame.  You run a restaurant and the problem is the chef or the line cook or the servers or whatever...you are responsible to fix it.  

Just now, NOTW said:

Then you get into reports

Rumors. Like middle school girls at a slumber party. 

This is our "expertise?" Based on this we're stabbing each other in the back? 

Disgusting. 

Loyalty and humility used to be virtues for a reason. 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Perhaps.  But let's say they change the line cooks, the servers, the sous chef and then the chef and the problems still remain...who's left?  The manager.

So Lurie's the problem. After all, only one Super Bowl his entire time here, and everything else has changed several times. 

That's more than I know, but whatever. No doubt your reports about what goes on behind closed doors are infallible. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

Rumors. Like middle school girls at a slumber party. 

This is our "expertise?" Based on this we're stabbing each other in the back? 

Disgusting. 

Loyalty and humility used to be virtues for a reason. 

You cherry picked one thing which I even said "if those things are true."  You conveniently skipped the parts where I said there are things that are not in dispute, like bad contracts, salary cap and trades that are on Howie, without question.

8 minutes ago, wyote said:

Thing is, I hate most people here. I don't give a F about what most of you think of me. Most people here are like little kids to me. All I see is whining and temper tantrums and pretending to know stuff that they don't know. 

So, yeah, I'm mean. Everyone can grow up and get over it. When no one's pretending to know who did what and what was wrong and what'll fix it, you'll find I'm the loveliest guy in the world. 

There are like a handful of posters that do what you're describing, the rest are all just evaluating what they see.  Most fans are loving Fulgham, Reagor, Goedert, Ward, Kelce, Sanders and other guys playing well.  Fans have started to give compliments to the new WR coach Morehouse suggesting that the young WRs are coming along.

Then you see Wentz have 4 turnovers against the worst defense in the league, Ertz playing bad all year, coaches making bad play calls...again call em like you see em.

You are the one who sounds like the a-hole calling people middle school girls and getting triggered every time someone is critical of this bad team putting out bad performances.  

On 10/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, matchew88 said:

Think about this:

By end of December, we could be division champs, have a line of Mailata - Peters - Kelce - Brooks - Johnson, have Djax / Alshon / Goedert / Ertz back, have all Defensive starters, plus our rookie WRs with some seasoning.

It could happen.

Jackson and Alshon are injured again

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

You cherry picked one thing which I even said "if those things are true."  You conveniently skipped the parts where I said there are things that are not in dispute, like bad contracts, salary cap and trades that are on Howie, without question.

Because it's not even worth arguing. None of know which of things things Howie or anyone else wanted, and which of them Howie or someone else just went along with. None of us know what any particular individual wanted or said about any particular decision. So we have ignorance piled on top of ignorance multiplied by ignorance, and supposedly it tallies up as complete confidence about whose fault everything is. 

Again, it's like kids complaining that their parents aren't managing the money right. Maybe they're not, and maybe it's mom's fault because she's so mean, but we don't know.

The kids should just go play outside and have a good time instead of pretending to be financial planners.  

16 minutes ago, wyote said:

This is a discussion board. It’s used for discussing facts and also opinions. Sometimes you agree with other opinions, other times, you don’t. You like to claim we all are throwing temper tantrums, but you’re guilty of the same because you don’t like some opinions that differ from yours. 

• Like 1