After Last Night i Accept we are Cursed to Win this Years NFC East

Cochis_Calhoun

On 10/20/2020 at 2:02 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

and Dallarse will draft all defense in the draft at least 3 of whom work out as decent starters, get Dak back and promptly stomp the NFC in 2021.

And promptly go 1 and done in the playoffs as they have done for the last 2 decades.

23 hours ago, wyote said:

I don't know why so many people are taking this weekend for granted. To hear the talk, you'd think there's never been an upset in the NFC East. 

Not this guy.  We have 2 wins in 7 games.  I wouldn't take any opponent for granted.  Then again, I wouldn't even if we were 6-1.  Firm believer of the old mantra "any given Sunday".  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not this guy.  We have 2 wins in 7 games.  I wouldn't take any opponent for granted.  Then again, I wouldn't even if we were 6-1.  Firm believer of the old mantra "any given Sunday".  

If you don't go into a game with unreasonable expectations about how easy it is going to be, you probably won't be having unreasonable temper tantrums in the second quarter. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:53 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Funny thing is they made their "changes” after last season when they dumped the OC and receivers coaches. They added a boatload of new offensive coaches, and they went heavy on receivers in the draft and even drafted a back quarterback.... Still don’t get that move, but if this team does indeed make the playoffs at the end of the season they’re going to have to make big changes especially in regards to the roster. They can’t keep this thing going the way it is. I hope they "promote” or get rid of Howie and get a legit GM in here and let that person run the draft and scouting department completely. Hopefully they get a new DC in here too, and allow Doug to actually have input on who his coaches are. Let him sink or swim with his guys. I just hope they realize a playoff run in the worst division in football isn’t enough to simply run it back with business as usual. 

I don't even want Howie doing contracts anymore. Just fire him. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. Just get him away from the team

Agree about letting Schwartz go and get someone else

Doug NEEDS to get a legitimate OC. This committee sucks

I even think they need to get another new QB coach

They finally got WR down

I don't think any of that happens if we win the division though

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't even want Howie doing contracts anymore. Just fire him. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. Just get him away from the team

Agree about letting Schwartz go and get someone else

Doug NEEDS to get a legitimate OC. This committee sucks

I even think they need to get another new QB coach

They finally got WR down

I don't think any of that happens if we win the division though

I see a lot of fans griping about this guy or that guy. Let's see some of you start naming names of legitimate candidates worthy of succeeding the people we have. I'm tired of hearing about who needs to go when there is no solution offered in the argument. I'm sure somebody will respond that things couldn't get worse, which is funny --- tell that to the rest of the NFC East. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I see a lot of fans griping about this guy or that guy. Let's see some of you start naming names of legitimate candidates worthy of succeeding the people we have. I'm tired of hearing about who needs to go when there is no solution offered in the argument. I'm sure somebody will respond that things couldn't get worse, which is funny --- tell that to the rest of the NFC East. 

If you’re looking for names head over to IWTETG. You can go there and complain about the options people are giving. Not sure why people griping about players or coaches even matters to you. Not sure why you feel the need to be their savior. They’re grown men bud. They can handle a little criticism. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's like in the game threads, every play that doesn't work, a dozen guys criticize the play call. If it was a pass, it should've been a run; if it was a run, it was too predictable. The wrong guys were supposedly in the game. And all this from guys who as a group could barely tell cover-2 from cover-3 in a slow-motion replay, who couldn't describe a zone blocking scheme if their lives depended on it. They're trying to show how smart they are and all they're doing is parroting things Madden said in the 1980s and 1990s.  

Again, I don't know who anyone is, maybe some of the guys saying all that are actually 13 and it's excusable. Or maybe they're in rehab trying to get over a painkiller addiction, or their wife just left and took the kids, or who knows what. Everyone has some kind of story, and I try to be openminded about that.

But for the most part, I'm afraid it's guys who really ought to be smart enough, mature enough, and man enough not to act that way. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you’re looking for names head over to IWTETG. You can go there and complain about the options people are giving. Not sure why people griping about players of coaches even matters to you. Not sure why you feel the need to be their savior. They’re grown men bud. They can handle a little criticism. 

I'm guessing you don't have one name of a GM candidate (somebody that would actually be available) you would like to see replace Howie. That's okay. In a few more years, I'm certain you'll be a terrific poster. You just need more time to learn the game. I'm rooting for ya!

26 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm guessing you don't have one name of a GM candidate (somebody that would actually be available) you would like to see replace Howie. That's okay. In a few more years, I'm certain you'll be a terrific poster. You just need more time to learn the game. I'm rooting for ya!

Other than talking like Buddy Ryan, most of these guys have no idea what they want in a coach either. 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

We heard this silly argument when it was Reid's time to go. It's not our job to know all the NFL prospects, that's for Lurie and his people. 

My thought is look at organizations that draft well and/or have success and pluck someone ready to make the leap, similar to hiring a coordinator or position coach as head coach. 

These kind of comments are like Stockholm syndrome, stuck with who you have despite failures and afraid to make a change. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We heard this silly argument when it was Reid's time to go. It's not our job to know all the NFL prospects, that's for Lurie and his people. 

Spot on. We don't necessarily know who they should hire. I've seen suggestions, some are good some are bad. But we don't know who's an ideal candidate and who isn't. 

A lot of people didn't like the Doug hire but that worked out. 

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

The logic here is that we as fans should be content with Howie until we learn who all FO personnel are around the league so we can provide a name for you. It doesn’t work that way. As NOTW pointed out, that’s for Lurie to know and/or investigate. Being afraid you might get one or two people worse than Howie before finding a better candidate is not a reason to stay stuck in mediocrity with Howie. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The logic here is that we as fans should be content with Howie until we learn who all FO personnel are around the league so we can provide a name for you. It doesn’t work that way. As NOTW pointed out, that’s for Lurie to know and/or investigate. Being afraid you might get one or two people worse than Howie before finding a better candidate is not a reason to stay stuck in mediocrity with Howie. 

Mediocrity is being kind but I agree with your point. Fear of the unknown, fear of getting the next appointment wrong isn't justification for sticking with the status quo.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The point is not to be afraid of change. Maybe someone is saying something like that, but I'm not. 

My point is that none of us know jack-poop about anything that goes on in the front office, and people only pretend to so that they can justify their little girl temper tantrums, lusting for scapegoats and simplistic answers when winning in the NFL turns out to be too damned hard. 

Lot of cute little kitties crying around here. 

6 minutes ago, wyote said:

The point is not to be afraid of change. Maybe someone is saying something like that, but I'm not. 

My point is that none of us know jack-poop about anything that goes on in the front office, and people only pretend to so that they can justify their little girl temper tantrums, lusting for scapegoats and simplistic answers when winning in the NFL turns out to be too damned hard. 

Lot of cute little kitties crying around here. 

Sounds like a convenient excuse to defend Howie at all costs. Howie is the GM. 

If Howie is the GM, and he bears the responsibility for mediocre and/or bad draft picks, then he needs to be held accountable. 

If Howie is the GM, but somehow, he is not responsible for bringing in personnel, then he’s a figurehead who serves no valid purpose, so let’s move on. 

Let me flip this around on you. Since YOU insist on telling us all that we don’t know what goes on in the FO, then what valid reason can you come up with to defend Howie at all?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

My thought is look at organizations that draft well and/or have success and pluck someone ready to make the leap, similar to hiring a coordinator or position coach as head coach. 

These kind of comments are like Stockholm syndrome, stuck with who you have despite failures and afraid to make a change. 

I don't believe it's a silly argument. If it's not your job to "know," then why is it your job to call for a firing/replacement? I think we both agree it's Lurie's decision to make, but when weighing success, I see an Eagles team that won it all in 2017 (despite predictions that they wouldn't and even couldn't) and that has been to the postseason each year since. Some of you see something different and, I feel, are given to imagination, conjuring up a team that is far worse than what it really is. 

When it was Reid's time to go, I was on board with it. That team quit on him. When you lose a game, you can always rebound and come away with a positive. When you lose a team, there is no recovery from that. Funny story: I was reprimanded by Dave Spadaro for posting a "Bye, Andy" thread in the mod forum during one of his losses that year. I mean, only Dave and the other mods could view the mod forums --- maybe Andy was in his office and he had the EMB up on his computer, IDK, but Dave wasn't very happy. He reminded "us" (me) to only post opinions on our personal profiles. If you think it's frustrating just being a fan during those times, try imagining knowing, now it's your job to keep the boards "clean" after the professionals screwed up. You log in, see all the reports, click on the first one, wait 2 minutes for a response, the board crashes and you know you have to be one of the first on when it's back up ... Yeah ... I was ready to hold the door open for Reid. 

Back to the point ... I just think it's fair that if you think someone should be replaced that you list qualified candidates that are available to replace that "someone."  If you're going to claim (or pretend) to know what is best for the team as an outsider (fan), then you should have an idea of someone you would like to see succeed him. 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Let me flip this around on you. Since YOU insist on telling us all that we don’t know what goes on in the FO, then what valid reason can you come up with to defend Howie at all?

2017 - Champs

2018 - postseason

2019 - postseason

2020 - ?

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A lot of people didn't like the Doug hire but that worked out. 

I wasn't very excited. At the time, I thought we just hired this guy:

baby_andy_reid.0.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I’m guessing all you want to do is wine about fans rather than take your boring argument to the place where it belongs. Please don’t root for me Mr. Whites. Your son needs all the help he can get.

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds like a convenient excuse to defend Howie at all costs. Howie is the GM. 

If Howie is the GM, and he bears the responsibility for mediocre and/or bad draft picks, then he needs to be held accountable. 

If Howie is the GM, but somehow, he is not responsible for bringing in personnel, then he’s a figurehead who serves no valid purpose, so let’s move on. 

Some guys would rather just act like everything is fine and are happy with losses. They claim to be fans, but don’t care the slightest if the team is going down like the Titanic. "Nothing is wrong, and everything is just fine” type dopes. 

53 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

2017 - Champs

2018 - postseason

2019 - postseason

2020 - ?

Gone backwards every season since, and since we don't know who does what in the FO, then how do we defend Howie on all that? After all, we don't know what Howie did to make that all happen.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Gone backwards every season since, and since we don't know who does what in the FO, then how do we defend Howie on all that? After all, we don't know what Howie did to make that all happen.

Getting to the postseason is better than not getting to the postseason. Ask Pittsburgh or dallas. Overcoming adversity is not "going backwards." Having depth good enough to survive critical injuries and still be in the hunt is actually good planning.

The criticism of Howie toward our 2021 cap situation is certainly justified. I think we're all in agreement that that's 100% him regarding contracts. However, I think we all know he isn't getting fired or replaced anytime soon and we'll just have to see how he handles the situation. Whatever moves we make, I think we still need to see:

2020 - postseason

2021 - postseason

2022 - postseason. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some guys would rather just act like everything is fine and are happy with losses. They claim to be fans, but don’t care the slightest if the team is going down like the Titanic. "Nothing is wrong, and everything is just fine” type dopes. 

Those guys sound horrible! Are they made of straw too?

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Those guys sound horrible! Are they made of straw too?

Not sure, but they definitely tend to heap praise on crappy players like JJAW for no apparent reason other than they might be their parent. Shame crappy players need to make burner accounts run by their parents just so they can defend their crappy play with waste of time videos. You know where I’m coming from. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not sure, but they definitely tend to heap praise on crappy players like JJAW for no apparent reason other than they might be their parent. Shame crappy players need to make burner accounts run by their parents just so they can defend their crappy play with waste of time videos. You know where I’m coming from. 

Yes ... from here, obviously:

three-little-pigs-house.jpg