After Last Night i Accept we are Cursed to Win this Years NFC East

Cochis_Calhoun

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1603460977517.jpg

Funny, but the thing is the Eagles are looking down at the Packers, Saints, and Ravens at the moment.  When you win your division you’re at worst a #4 seed; when you’re a wildcard you’re at best a #5 seed.  

On 10/20/2020 at 3:02 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

We're going to get weeks of ****ing from every football pundit on Earth about how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs at 5-10-1, we're going to go into the record books

It’s basically impossible to win a division as a 5 or even 6 win team.  Each team plays 6 games within their division and whoever wins the division will almost have to be at least 4-2 vs divisional opponents.  Eagles and Turds already have a win outside of the division and very likely get a couple more.  Seven wins is the least any division winner has ever had

So much for all that”Dallas don’t need Dak” talk. Once again a tie with the Bungles is bailing them out. 🤦🏾‍♂️

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So much for all that”Dallas don’t need Dak” talk. Once again a tie with the Bungles is bailing them out. 🤦🏾‍♂️

The whole team looks to have quit, after the stories about players not liking McCarthy came out and now this I wonder if he even lasts a season, he's making Garrett look like Tom Landry at this point.

• Haha 3

On 10/23/2020 at 4:52 PM, Madriver said:

There's a new alignment in the NFC South with the Bucs leading the way. Hell, Atlanta might sneak in again and they always give us problems. 

Um, they lost AGAIN yesterday at home against the Lions and I suspect they are going to be whooped upon by the Panthers on Thursday. 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:32 PM, Alphagrand said:

Funny, but the thing is the Eagles are looking down at the Packers, Saints, and Ravens at the moment.  When you win your division you’re at worst a #4 seed; when you’re a wildcard you’re at best a #5 seed.  

And the Eagles if they get a home playoff game at 6-9-1 or worse will become the "poster boy" for a change in playoff seeding to how its done in the NBA, where it's now solely on record (except where a division winner gets preference over a wild card for seeding if they have identical records) and winning your division ONLY gets you a playoff game and you could be the #7 seed (In the NBA if you win a really bad division you can be seeded 8th). 

13 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

And the Eagles if they get a home playoff game at 6-9-1 or worse will become the "poster boy" for a change in playoff seeding to how its done in the NBA, where it's now solely on record (except where a division winner gets preference over a wild card for seeding if they have identical records) and winning your division ONLY gets you a playoff game and you could be the #7 seed (In the NBA if you win a really bad division you can be seeded 8th). 

Hopefully the Eagles make this happen because it means we'll be in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

On 10/23/2020 at 11:38 PM, Alphagrand said:

It’s basically impossible to win a division as a 5 or even 6 win team.  Each team plays 6 games within their division and whoever wins the division will almost have to be at least 4-2 vs divisional opponents.  Eagles and Turds already have a win outside of the division and very likely get a couple more.  Seven wins is the least any division winner has ever had

I saw somewhere that there's a scenario where we get the division with 4 or 5 wins

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I saw somewhere that there's a scenario where we get the division with 4 or 5 wins

There was.  Eagles could win the division at 4-11-1. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Sorry but this made me laugh out loud.

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The whole team looks to have quit, after the stories about players not liking McCarthy came out and now this I wonder if he even lasts a season, he's making Garrett look like Tom Landry at this point.

The team quit on their coach last season too. Seems like just a bunch of quitters. Say what you want about Doug his teams do fight. 

• Like 3

Whoever wins the NFC East are the real losers. To be this bad.....you shouldn't want to hurt your draft picks by winning the division. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Whoever wins the NFC East are the real losers. To be this bad.....you shouldn't want to hurt your draft picks by winning the division. 

I get your point, but it seems like this division is just too bad not to win it. Also the Cowboys look like such dogs right now I don’t think they have a quick fix for that mess. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, Wallyhorse said:

I would absolutely HATE if that happened.  Not because I don't want to hurt our draft position (although truth be told that would suck to lose what would be a top 10 pick and end up in the 20s only because we made the playoffs, record be damned), but I don't want to be that team for making the playoffs with such a crappy record, making a complete mockery of the current playoff seeding system.  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I would absolutely HATE if that happened.  Not because I don't want to hurt our draft position (although truth be told that would suck to lose what would be a top 10 pick and end up in the 20s only because we made the playoffs, record be damned), but I don't want to be that team for making the playoffs with such a crappy record, making a complete mockery of the current playoff seeding system.  

I go back and forth with it. I want a higher pick but I also like winning and seeing the young guys playing great

There's also the theory that if we win this crappy division that no changes will happen with coaching and FO

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I go back and forth with it. I want a higher pick but I also like winning and seeing the young guys playing great

There's also the theory that if we win this crappy division that no changes will happen with coaching and FO

If our players play great that leads us into the playoffs, then fine.  But if we're still not playing well I don't want to get there just because the others in the division suck more.  

In another topic, someone said this and I agree:  you always want to see your team WIN.  You don't play for draft position, you go out to win.  If the team has a terrible season and gets a top 10 draft pick then that's the consolation prize...and for those of us that want to see changes to GM and coaching, it could be another byproduct.  So yeah the team lost, but maybe there will be changes.  But you root for the team to win games.

Division titles and playoff appearances are impressive and how coaches, players and teams are judged and evaluated.  People will criticize a QB for not having any playoff appearances for example.  

Winning and appearing in playoff games (even a loss) is valuable experience for players.  People talk about the value of playoff experience and veterans who have been there.  With a weak NFCE the opportunity is wide open for them to go and win the division and get into the playoffs.  Think of the valuable experience that would be for the young players.

The hope for change is a new GM that will overhaul scouting, drafting, personnel and perhaps offensive coaching structures.  The fear is that winning the division (in a super weak NFCE) won't bring necessary changes, just some tweaks.  But with the division up for grabs, go for it.  Get these players back healthy and win.  We just have to hope that the organization is constantly evaluating and making the necessary changes...and gets lucky in the draft.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

In another topic, someone said this and I agree:  you always want to see your team WIN.  You don't play for draft position, you go out to win.  If the team has a terrible season and gets a top 10 draft pick then that's the consolation prize...and for those of us that want to see changes to GM and coaching, it could be another byproduct.  So yeah the team lost, but maybe there will be changes.  But you root for the team to win games.

Division titles and playoff appearances are impressive and how coaches, players and teams are judged and evaluated.  People will criticize a QB for not having any playoff appearances for example.  

Winning and appearing in playoff games (even a loss) is valuable experience for players.  People talk about the value of playoff experience and veterans who have been there.  With a weak NFCE the opportunity is wide open for them to go and win the division and get into the playoffs.  Think of the valuable experience that would be for the young players.

The hope for change is a new GM that will overhaul scouting, drafting, personnel and perhaps offensive coaching structures.  The fear is that winning the division (in a super weak NFCE) won't bring necessary changes, just some tweaks.  But with the division up for grabs, go for it.  Get these players back healthy and win.  We just have to hope that the organization is constantly evaluating and making the necessary changes...and gets lucky in the draft.

Funny thing is they made their "changes” after last season when they dumped the OC and receivers coaches. They added a boatload of new offensive coaches, and they went heavy on receivers in the draft and even drafted a back quarterback.... Still don’t get that move, but if this team does indeed make the playoffs at the end of the season they’re going to have to make big changes especially in regards to the roster. They can’t keep this thing going the way it is. I hope they "promote” or get rid of Howie and get a legit GM in here and let that person run the draft and scouting department completely. Hopefully they get a new DC in here too, and allow Doug to actually have input on who his coaches are. Let him sink or swim with his guys. I just hope they realize a playoff run in the worst division in football isn’t enough to simply run it back with business as usual. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny thing is they made their "changes” after last season when they dumped the OC and receivers coaches. They added a boatload of new offensive coaches, and they went heavy on receivers in the draft and even drafted a back quarterback.... Still don’t get that move, but if this team does indeed make the playoffs at the end of the season they’re going to have to make big changes especially in regards to the roster. They can’t keep this thing going the way it is. I hope they "promote” or get rid of Howie and get a legit GM in here and let that person run the draft and scouting department completely. Hopefully they get a new DC in here too, and allow Doug to actually have input on who his coaches are. Let him sink or swim with his guys. I just hope they realize a playoff run in the worst division in football isn’t enough to simply run it back with business as usual. 

Agree, and let's hope so.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 7:02 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I get your point, but it seems like this division is just too bad not to win it. Also the Cowboys look like such dogs right now I don’t think they have a quick fix for that mess. 

It’s looking like Eagles will win by default which sucks for Eagles fans.....

On 10/27/2020 at 4:58 PM, RICWOOFLAIR said:

IMO, developing a loser's mentality will carry over to the next season.     I am proud of the fight that Doug's guys put up, no matter the injury situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

On 10/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, RICWOOFLAIR said:

I don't know what you do for a living, but if there is anybody out there that can do your job better than you, you should just go home. 

17 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Think of it this way. Even if the Eagles got a top five pick Howie would’ve screwed it up anyway. 

I don't know why so many people are taking this weekend for granted. To hear the talk, you'd think there's never been an upset in the NFC East.