Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Actually, the best option is probably a Mike Ehrmantraut prequel. 

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Mike prequel would work.

This would be great.

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can’t stand Mike.  One of the worst characters (actors) on the show, IMO.  

Gus prequel would be better. 

Really? I think he plays the role pretty well.

16 hours ago, TEW said:

Why would you do that when self immolation exists?

Them books was dope! 

It's gotta end with Bob Odenkirk and Bryan Cranston waking up in bed with Bob Newhart.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Carol Burnette did a fantastic job for an 89 year old.  With most actors that age you're just happy that they remembered their lines.  She not only remembered her lines, she pwn3d that role.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, The_Omega said:

Carol Burnette did a fantastic job for an 89 year old.  With most actors that age you're just happy that they remembered their lines.  She not only remembered her lines, she pwn3d that role.

There was a bit in the last scene where I thought, oh aye, I see why people are such a fan of hers.  She totally nailed it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s not why people were fan of hers, def not from serious drama roles.  Her variety show was fantastic.  Some of the funniest TV moments I remember from my childhood.  Her, Conway, Lawrence and others were great.   

Find the mother/daughter skit she did w/whoppi goldberg...waaaaaay ahead of time. makes the woke nation look like johnny appleseed.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ll have to look that one up.  

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just saw it.  Not sure what you mean about the woke crowd.  It seemed fine with me. 

at the time that aired...........(80s) 

I am attending a baseball game tonight, so I will need to remember to go social media dark until I make it back home and can complete my watch

Doesn't really feel like tonight is the series finale. I've liked the last two episodes but I think it kinda killed some hype. 

• Like 3

I really hope they stick the landing - would be a shame for a show of this caliber to end on anything other than a 10/10 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I really hope they stick the landing - would be a shame for a show of this caliber to end on anything other than a 10/10 

Agreed, but I honestly doubt they don’t kill it. May not be perfect, but should be satisfying. 

Even if the last episode is just Gene taking an hour long dump, it would still be better than GoT or Walking Dead or whatever other shows out there were once good and then completely stunk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The finale is amazing so far.  I didn’t expect anything like this and am very happy with it so far. 

Ah, very nice way to wrap it up.  Now that it’s over, time to rewatch Breaking Bad again.  I think I’m getting close to 10 times.

• Like 3

we got all 3 of bob’s characters nailing it! Saul goes full Saul negotiating the plea deal.  Solid jimmy move to lure Kim into court so the "court” could hear the truth. Gene gets a job baking in prison and gets to lead a somewhat cushy retirement In prison with everyone knowing who he really is and watching his back.  

I thought they were gonna ruin it for a second bringing Kim into prison at the end.  

Great callbacks on so many things. Really well done. The very end was bittersweet, but he saved his girl at his own expense and went on his terms. 

• Like 1

Based on what I'm seeing on Facebook and Twitter, smart people loved it and stupid people hated it 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DBW said:

Hide contents

we got all 3 of bob’s characters nailing it! Saul goes full Saul negotiating the plea deal.  Solid jimmy move to lure Kim into court so the "court” could hear the truth. Gene gets a job baking in prison and gets to lead a somewhat cushy retirement In prison with everyone knowing who he really is and watching his back.  

I thought they were gonna ruin it for a second bringing Kim into prison at the end.  

Id = Saul

Ego = Jimmy

Superego = Gene 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Based on what I'm seeing on Facebook and Twitter, smart people loved it and stupid people hated it 

Not seeing any negatives. Guess my dumb friends just don’t watch it

I think it was pretty well done. I can see casual watchers thinking it was boring, but I liked that it paid off for people who love the show/universe. I still think it was a little odd abandoning the Gene episodes for so long and then having them predominately be the last 4 episodes especially after building Lalo as the big bad of the show. This is nitpicking though and it’s hard to complain overall. Great show from start to finish. I think this my be the better show overall with BrBa being the better story.

I liked the lighter flame and cigarette embers being in color

• Like 1