Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

https://ew.com/tv/bob-odenkirk-heart-attack-point-and-shoot-episode/

But, as it turns out, that's not quite correct — and Odenkirk wants to set the record straight. The tragedy with a happy ending actually occurred during the filming of episode 8, "Point and Shoot," as the actor was working on the key scene in Jimmy's apartment when Lalo (Tony Dalton) lays out his chilling plans for Jimmy and Kim (Rhea Seehorn). When Odenkirk returned to action, instead of finishing off that scene from "Point and Shoot," he began work on scenes from "Fun and Games," which led to his mix-up. (It's also understandable, as he notes that he has no memory of that time period around the heart attack. In addition, the show does film some scenes out of sequence.)

"Episode 9 is all stuff we shot after my heart attack, and in fact it is the first stuff I shot," he tells EW. "The pick-up scenes [from episode 8] were not the first things we shot. So in my brain, I was like, 'Wait a second, the first things I shot when I came back from the heart attack was [episode] 9.' And that's true. Where I screwed up was like: 'Of course, we didn't come back and immediately just shoot what we were shooting that day — we carried on shooting.' We had a different director. We had Michael Morris directing. We started in on that stuff. And then at some point in shooting that stuff, we stopped, Vince [Gilligan, Saul co-creator who directed "Point and Shoot"] came back and we picked up the final moments of the scene with me and Lalo and Kim. My brain just had a brain fart and I apologize to the world.

• Like 1

Spoiler

With the time jump and the HHM office closing, kind of interested to see when/if Jimmy got the Sandpiper payoff.  And if any eventually goes to Kim.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:
  Hide contents

With the time jump and the HHM office closing, kind of interested to see when/if Jimmy got the Sandpiper payoff.  And if any eventually goes to Kim.

Spoiler

I assumed he already got it which is what he used to buy that bougie house. 

• Like 1

Side note: Can you imagine how long it took for the cousins to transcribe Hector's accusation from dings?? That had to take like a full day for them just for Gus to not respond at all and Don Eladio to laugh and make fun of Hector.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

same 

19 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I'll bet you were saddened when they changed it, Kevin Spacey! 

you can tell they changed the recipe for their house sauce.

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

i do too.  Seeing how much Kim grifted that deal, would she walk away from 700k?

Must burn Jimmy to go from that life style to working in a Cinnabon.  Interesting part is if anyone is behind the Taxi driver asking those questions.

We've got stuff with those who shall not be named and presumably that will lead to perhaps a pivot to later - we may see the journey to Nebraska. There will have to be some Gus/Hector stuff and maybe a last goodbye to Mike too.

Someone in that series has to be in the Nebraska area.  Interested to see how they weave it all together.

As an aside, is Better Call Saul really just a love story/tragedy between Jimmy and Kim?

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

We've got stuff with those who shall not be named and presumably that will lead to perhaps a pivot to later - we may see the journey to Nebraska. There will have to be some Gus/Hector stuff and maybe a last goodbye to Mike too.

Someone in that series has to be in the Nebraska area.  Interested to see how they weave it all together.

As an aside, is Better Call Saul really just a love story/tragedy between Jimmy and Kim?

overall, yes. But it shows a sympathetic Jimmy build himself up and try to be better for Kim and himself and i’m the end he’s just Slippin Jimmy 

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

BCS is just a tragedy showing that Jimmy loses everyone that’s  close to him.  That, plus excellent backstory of Mike, Gus, and some of the cartel.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:08 PM, mikemack8 said:

I think tonight also has the scene where Bob had his heart attack while filming 

The insider podcast said it happened in the episode where Lalo ties up Jimmy to the chair. I guess they had to come back like 3 months later and re-dress the set so they could pick back up with finishing that scene. 

18 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

BCS is just a tragedy showing that Jimmy loses everyone that’s  close to him.  That, plus excellent backstory of Mike, Gus, and some of the cartel.

Is it going to be a get the girl, lose the girl and get the girl again show?  The tragedy part could well rear it's head one more time.

Regardless, with 4 more episodes, we'll find out soon enough

Jimmy kills the cab driver, drives back to Albuquerque to find Kim only to find her happily married to this guy:

m0ffkgidq2671.jpg

• Haha 6

33 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Jimmy kills the cab driver, drives back to Albuquerque to find Kim only to find her happily married to this guy:

m0ffkgidq2671.jpg

She and him become famous producing many pie fetish videos.

Spoiler

Kind of disappointed with how they decided to end it but it opens up them showing Kim hearing about Saul after the events of BB

I actually thought they were going to kill of her off

I totally thought that Jeffrey was the drug buddy of Tucker. I don’t see anything saying he is though. 

Fun episode - like the old days when he was still slippin' Jimmy.  Definitely felt a tinge of anxiety watching it the whole time, thinking he would get caught.  Guess the report I read about Walt and Jesse being on this episode was wrong :lol: 

Spoiler

I'm surprised he's still doing jobs after everything that happened in BB

46 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised he's still doing jobs after everything that happened in BB

Spoiler

He's like a drug addict - once he gets that little taste he's right back in the mix. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jimmy gonna be Jimmy; loved how he couldn't let the grift or the bad dress sense truly go. He won't last in Nebraska, especially when the pinkie ring got put on.

I did like the title sequence; I'm sure smarter people will tell me why it was like that

Last nights episode was the 1st one this season that really felt like an early episode of BCS.

Spoiler

The d00de laying on the floor unconscious after he slipped and fell was hilarious every time they showed him.  Jimmy's gotta know that those 2 morons are going to get caught eventually, and the first thing they're going to do is try to get a better deal for themselves by turning him in.

Apparently the last episode was "boring" according to some writers. I despair, I really do.  Had so much in it and was needed to pace what is next.

25 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m stunned I didn’t realize that the same actor who plays Hector Salamanca played Manny in Scarface.  

Don Eladia. Hector was also in Scarface but was Shadow

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don Eladia.  Yes.  I corrected it.  He’s also in Goliath, which is surprisingly good.  

Correct it again it’s Eladio

• Haha 2