Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Another one off the board :sad: 

while I love the throwaway Lalo/Nacho line on the desert helped spin off this show and both of those characters, after the (albeit brief) talk with Mike in the bedroom, I’m shocked that Jimmy/Saul would fear/pinpoint either of those guys at a later date, and instead be worried it’s Mike or the people he works with/for that might be trying to take him out. 

Nacho makes less sense, but can def see fear of Lalo retribution even if Jimmy knows he’s not a direct threat himself. Salamanca family is scary as hell. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Curious what they have left to fill 5 more episodes with now.

They casted an old famous broad for multiple episodes - I've seen people theorize that maybe she is

"Judge Papadoumian" who Jimmy has referenced a few times throughout the show as being a hardass judge to have to deal with on a case. So maybe there's resolution in the Sandpiper case / Jimmy timeline there, that somehow leads into BrBa timeline.

And then have to resolve Gene being "made" in Omaha and that conflict as well as just put a bow on his fate and wrap it all up. I would love more than one episode totally Gene focused, but that then means a max of just 3 left in this current timeline. Pretty wild. 

Rhea Seehorn finally nominated for an Emmy - of the shows below I've seen, she's the clear winner in my eyes.  I could easily see them giving it to Garner though.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Christina Ricci, Yellowjackets
Julia Garner, Ozark
J. Smith-Cameron, Succession
Jung Ho-yeon, Squid Game
Patricia Arquette, Severance
Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul
Sarah Snook, Succession
Sydney Sweeney, Euphoria

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Rhea Seehorn finally nominated for an Emmy - of the shows below I've seen, she's the clear winner in my eyes.  I could easily see them giving it to Garner though.

It’s gonna go to garner. I’d imagine that her Screen time is way more than rhea and her character does more for the show.  

Just now, DBW said:

It’s gonna go to garner. I’d imagine that her Screen time is way more than rhea and her character does more for the show.  

While I think you're right, I disagree that Garner did more for the show, especially this past season.  

• Like 1

That was really enjoyable. And for modern TV, utterly captivating. While it had all been laid out, fascinating to see how it played and builds the legend of Gus for BB.  Gus has to send that tape to Don Eladio just mess with him doesn't he?

Kind of sad it's ending, but can't wait to enjoy it for 5 more episodes. 

And Tony Dalton was wasted in Hawkeye. Utterly wasted

Was coming here to post about FINALLY getting a nom. I think Ricci may get some buzz because of that show. Garner has won before and has done waaay more on past seasons that it would be blah to give it to her again. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Was coming here to post about FINALLY getting a nom. I think Ricci may get some buzz because of that show. Garner has won before and has done waaay more on past seasons that it would be blah to give it to her again. 

Only good thing is I believe Seehorn will be eligible again next year due to them splitting the season - but then again Garner may be as well.  Not sure on the exact timeline.  But to me there's no comparison - BCS is a FAR superior show, and Seehorn has been the best thing about it for years.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

That was really enjoyable. And for modern TV, utterly captivating. While it had all been laid out, fascinating to see how it played and builds the legend of Gus for BB.  Gus has to send that tape to Don Eladio just mess with him doesn't he?

Kind of sad it's ending, but can't wait to enjoy it for 5 more episodes. 

Not without heavily editing it. He trashed Eladio in that monologue, and I don't think Gus would do anything that brash like bragging about killing a Salamanca which would promote major blowback against him. Gus worked so hard from his original assassination attempt through Nacho's execution to hide all his chess moves. I'm guessing he just goes business as usual with no one really knowing what exactly happened to Lalo which leads to the shaky but still somewhat stable relationship Gus has with Eladio in BB. Even Mike was careful in his words with Saul/Kim, simply saying "he won't be coming back" when he could have told him he was dead and buried. Plus Eladio thinks Lalo is already dead and blamed Nacho for it. I believe only Hector knows he never died. 

Also can't believe how good Dalton was in this despite not really being in anything else. He deserves a major career boost. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not without heavily editing it. He trashed Eladio in that monologue, and I don't think Gus would do anything that brash like bragging about killing a Salamanca which would promote major blowback against him. Gus worked so hard from his original assassination attempt through Nacho's execution to hide all his chess moves. I'm guessing he just goes business as usual with no one really knowing what exactly happened to Lalo which leads to the shaky but still somewhat stable relationship Gus has with Eladio in BB. Even Mike was careful in his words with Saul/Kim, simply saying "he won't be coming back" when he could have told him he was dead and buried.

Also can't believe how good Dalton was in this despite not really being in anything else. He deserves a major career boost. 

I can't see it not being used somewhere. Lalo spent too much time filming and documenting in the program for it to sit on the shelf - and Gus is that precise to use - even to frame someone else.  I presume that is how the show runners roll.  Never a wasted detail.

Tony Dalton went between BCS and Hawkeye; 2 different ends of the TV scale.  Seems he has done more Spanish language stuff than English.

Hats off to Gilligan and Gould also. It must be incredibly hard to produce something so unsettling/captivating/riveting when we all KNOW the outcome of what's going to happen but for those scenes it doesn't even enter your mind. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hats off to Gilligan and Gould also. It must be incredibly hard to produce something so unsettling/captivating/riveting when we all KNOW the outcome of what's going to happen but for those scenes it doesn't even enter your mind. 

Very true! But it’s been so long since I watched BrBa that I don’t remember all the nuances so I’m watching BCs almost as a brand new show.  I’d be interested to roll right into rewatching BrBa to see it all flow. 

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

I can't see it not being used somewhere. Lalo spent too much time filming and documenting in the program for it to sit on the shelf - and Gus is that precise to use - even to frame someone else.  I presume that is how the show runners roll.  Never a wasted detail.

Tony Dalton went between BCS and Hawkeye; 2 different ends of the TV scale.  Seems he has done more Spanish language stuff than English.

I could see him using it to toy with Hector some. Eladio and the cartel don't even know about the methlab in BB as far as I remember. 

4 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

This times a million

I guess the one loose end is that Hector knew Lalo was still alive. 

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I could see him using it to toy with Hector some. Eladio and the cartel don't even know about the methlab in BB as far as I remember. 

That makes a ton of sense. Look what I did to your fam old man.

12 hours ago, homerpat said:

This times a million

When I saw him in it, I thought great. And then the excitement wore off after 5 mins on screen 🤣

21 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I mean... we more or less know what happens going forward with Gus, especially re: Don Eladio who is borderline jovial with him in BrBa when Gus brings Jesse down there to cook a sample batch. Where/how would this be used that doesn't alter the existing BrBa timeline as we know it? 

Another thing...... Why would you bury the bodies in the meth lab? 

If you get caught, you'll get murder charges on top of the drug charges. 

They could have easily loaded the bodies into a truck and buried them in the desert without ever getting caught 

38 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

They could have easily loaded the bodies into a truck and buried them in the desert without ever getting caught 

Now I need to watch BrBa with the knowledge that there are bodies buried there and see if we pick up on any reference to it.  

case In point. Who are the bodies he references here?

27 minutes ago, DBW said:

Now I need to watch BrBa with the knowledge that there are bodies buried there and see if we pick up on any reference to it.  

case In point. Who are the bodies he references here?

Two guards that were watching Jesse that Walt shot after he killed Gus.

I don't think you are going to pick up much in BB that relates to BCS. I don't think they even had any type of spinoff planned at this point. 

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Two guards that were watching Jesse that Walt shot after he killed Gus.

I don't think you are going to pick up much in BB that relates to BCS. I don't think they even had any type of spinoff planned at this point. 

Right, it’s the two guards.  Lalo and Howard would be under the cement that’s not yet poured.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:49 PM, iladelphxx said:

At they scale they’re producing, everyone is going away for consecutive lifetimes. The bodies won’t matter a lick and that’s if anyone even digs up a poured concrete floor 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

At they scale they’re producing, everyone is going away for consecutive lifetimes. The bodies won’t matter a lick and that’s if anyone even digs up a poured concrete floor 

But I do find it interesting that Hank asks about the Two bodies.  Maybe that’s the writers dropping a little wink wink but I liked it either way.