Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

On 7/26/2022 at 7:45 AM, mikemack8 said:

Fun episode - like the old days when he was still slippin' Jimmy.  Definitely felt a tinge of anxiety watching it the whole time, thinking he would get caught.  Guess the report I read about Walt and Jesse being on this episode was wrong :lol: 

Yeah, you can tell he’s been getting bored with his new life and the way he put the power back in his own hands after the cabbie made him with the missing dog grift on dude’s mom was top-tier slipping Jimmy. No matter how much color he’s lost in Nebraska, homie’s still got it 

13 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Correct it again it’s Eladio

damn autocorrect (i mean my inability to spell in first place)

• Haha 2

Was flicking through YouTube earlier and a video made an interesting non spoilery point.  Kim grew up on the Kansas/Nebraska border and where did Jimmy end up? Nebraska, in a time period a few months after BB.It could be a coincidence, but in BB/BCS, these things usually never are

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

OK so this is the Walt and Jesse episode then

Maybe....

Kinda hope they tease it all the way to the finale, and then it's just a shot of Walt and Jesse walking past Sauls office 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DBW said:

When did Walt ever go into sauls office crying about being broke?  I don’t recall that 

Someone more into it will likely correct me, but I suspect it's a bit of poet license from Saul rather than a statement of fact.  I guess they aren't in a position to fact check him

47 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Someone more into it will likely correct me, but I suspect it's a bit of poet license from Saul rather than a statement of fact.  I guess they aren't in a position to fact check him

I went back and watched the first time Walt met Saul.  Nothing even close to that convo.  In fact the first time Walt went into Saul’s office it was posing as Badgers uncle and he attempted to bribe Saul to get the DEA off his back.  

so maybe like you said he’s taking some creativity with the line to sell Jeffy on the scheme.  It just didn’t do Walt any justice being painted in that light. Cheapens Walt’s character IMO.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:11 PM, DBW said:

When did Walt ever go into sauls office crying about being broke?  I don’t recall that 

He went to him to help launder money..... Hence the car wash 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

He went to him to help launder money..... Hence the car wash 

But that was maybe after Saul figured out he was Heisenberg? And I believe Walt sent Jesse to meet with him about laundering money at a nail salon first.  Walt only wanted the car wash because he felt mistreated and disrespected and it was a balls on the table moment.  The car wash was well after and even Walt’s wife knew about it by then.  The way gene/Saul tells the story about this broke science teacher in BCS makes Walt seem like a poor desperate man the first time he meets him which by my recollection is not the case.  And thus like I said it cheapens Walt’s character.  By the time Walt meets Saul he’s well Into the meth game and his mortgage is the least of his concerns.  It just doesn’t fit the way BCS tells it unless I missed something 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DBW said:

But that was maybe after Saul figured out he was Heisenberg? And I believe Walt sent Jesse to meet with him about laundering money at a nail salon first.  Walt only wanted the car wash because he felt mistreated and disrespected and it was a balls on the table moment.  The car wash was well after and even Walt’s wife knew about it by then.  The way gene/Saul tells the story about this broke science teacher in BCS makes Walt seem like a poor desperate man the first time he meets him which by my recollection is not the case.  And thus like I said it cheapens Walt’s character.  By the time Walt meets Saul he’s well Into the meth game and his mortgage is the least of his concerns.  It just doesn’t fit the way BCS tells it unless I missed something 

My guess is Jimmy presumes that they won't make the connection.  Now considering the taxi driver recognised him, it's a risk.  As the whole Nippy thing is.

With 3 eps left, I can't help but think there could be some more cartel stuff pop out in that timeline.

Aaron Paul was almost more out of place than Jessie Plemons fat ass in El Camino 

• Haha 3

Gone full Walter White. There's now no way that this ends with Jimmy as a free man.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I wonder what the phone call was about 

I've been pondering it. The obvious answer is Kim told Jimmy to eff off.  The more conspiratorial answer is Kim left Titusville to move back to Albuquerque once Gus, etc died and went back the day after Jimmy was forced to leave. Or she got married and has kids.

18 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I wonder what the phone call was about 

The parts for his sprinklers are back ordered and his hydrangeas are gonna die now. 

Wonder if Jeffy is actually an undercover cop.  His mom said he fell in with a bad crowd in ABQ but Saul never Ran across him before despite all the bad people he was working with.  He recognizes him in the mall but doesn’t want to spook him and have him run again so he works his way in, befriends him, blackmails him to some degree, has him convinced he won’t go to the police, then keeps him committing crimes, smaller scale at first but now massive fraud, identity theft, etc.  building a case against him and he’ll be the hero bringing him in.  Wild prediction, I know, but possible?  Or am I way off? 

• Like 1

I don't think the phone call was about Kim telling Gene off or any type of communication with her. It would be a weird response from Gene seeing as he is almost a decade removed from their relationship and seemingly have had 0 communication with each other. He didn't act like that when he first rejected so why now all this time later he's smashing the phone and breaking the booth?

My guess is it's something more boring, like Kim doesn't work there and that was Gene's last lead on her whereabouts. 

Or maybe Kim died off screen and he just found out from some sprinkler guy. I dunno. 

• Like 1

I thought Walt was the more egregious pimple on the ass than Jesse. Kind of sounded like him, moustache was meh. But, neither were not a 40 year old Anakin Skywalker from Kenobi

maxresdefault.jpg

I did wonder if the trailer and someone has been shot is actually a reference to Carol Burnette's character and perhaps Jimmy's inability to do the deed.

I'm suddenly not really looking forward to seeing how this ends. Gilligan might still come up with some kind of surprise twist, but it's hard to see how this ends any other way than with Jimmy dead or in prison, and those will both be pretty unsatisfying endings.