Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

14 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I did wonder if the trailer and someone has been shot is actually a reference to Carol Burnette's character and perhaps Jimmy's inability to do the deed.

my pure guess is the cancer guy is dead and they saw broken glass. Carol Burnett has to play into downfall (hence huge actor in role). hoping all a misdirection, but Saul is sick and pretty sure he wants to be caught. Kim may have been bad for him, but kept him in line between minor scams to legit crime life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I'm suddenly not really looking forward to seeing how this ends. Gilligan might still come up with some kind of surprise twist, but it's hard to see how this ends any other way than with Jimmy dead or in prison, and those will both be pretty unsatisfying endings.

I’d guess prison. It might not be a twist or what the viewers want, but it would make sense with the themes in this universe. Everyone’s wants are their downfall. Gus wants to humiliate Salamancas so much it costs him his life. Mike wants to be there and help Kaylee so much he loses her and ends up losing everything he worked for, for her. Jesse wanted some kind of close relationship, which his actions inadvertantly cost him two different love interests. Walt wanted to help his family but ended up tearing them apart. Jimmy/Saul/Gene want to be in control and above the law at all times, it will end up burning him somehow. 

• Like 2

There were 3 moments from last nights episode that made me sit up in my chair. Very happy that I watched it semi live in the dark instead of in the morning on the DVR the way I have recently. 

Rhea Seahorn really needs to get her flowers this coming Emmy season. 

• Like 1

I called that the Rhea Seehorn Emmy nomination episode. But I fancy it might get Carol Burnett one too; deceptively good.

As for the episode, oh Jimmy, what did you do?  And where will you go now? He couldn't just let it be

• Like 3

I’m rewatching Malcom in the Middle.  There’s one episode where the boys steal from a church and Hal (the dad, Bryan Cranston) ends up selling things they took from the church and gets arrested.  After getting out, instead of going home to his wife (scared of what she’ll do), his plan is to run away to Omaha.  I thought it was interesting, since it was a joke that this was his life before Breaking Bad, Omaha has a connection to BCS.  It’s a reach, but I found it interesting.

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

BB and BCS are works of art.  The pinnacle of TV story telling.

But rightly. there is no more story left to tell, so they must end...

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

BB and BCS are works of art.  The pinnacle of TV story telling.

But rightly. there is no more story left to tell, so they must end...

I think they will do another show about the power vacuum. 

New cartel, New dealers, etc. 

AMC is milking The Walking Dead dry, so why not Breaking Bad? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I’d love a new series in the Breaking Bad universe.  My guess is that the timeline would be after the Breaking Bad timeline due to how much people have aged.  I wouldn’t mind a Ken Wins storyline, he’s got to be up to some shady things.

• Haha 1

I will be watching Interview with the Vampire in a few months because of the Breaking Bad universe void!

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

To be fair, it looks like Vince Gilligan has said he needs to move on too. 

I also suspect that Gilligan and Gould have principles about quality; TWD and Disney could learn from the less is more approach to quantity.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I also suspect that Gilligan and Gould have principles about quality; TWD and Disney could learn from the less is more approach to quantity.

I had a post similar to this typed out and erased it :lol: I think they are smart enough to leave it alone, knowing that they've created two of the greatest television shows in history.  But hey, money talks I suppose - could be wrong.  

• Like 1

The only series I would be interested in would be a Kuby series starring Bill Burr 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I will be watching Interview with the Vampire in a few months because of the Breaking Bad universe void!

Why would you do that when self immolation exists?

11 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

The only series I would be interested in would be a Kuby series starring Bill Burr 

I can get behind anything with Burr.

I think a series on Schwartz actually has a lot of potential. Flashbacks that show he was actually a ruthless businessman who F’d over Walt and stole his woman. Purposely had Walt doing experiments he knew could cause cancer. Shady business deals that intertwine with the drug trade (opiates maybe). Flash forward and they have business problems, try to steal Walt Jr’s inheritance. Somehow Badger and Skinny Pete get involved with Walt Jr to get the money back. I think that actually has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I had a post similar to this typed out and erased it :lol: I think they are smart enough to leave it alone, knowing that they've created two of the greatest television shows in history.  But hey, money talks I suppose - could be wrong.  

I think they are too.  Having read the TWD comics and seen what has been put on TV; they've taken some subversive material and made it boring.

Also, I didn't realise Kim's hair being worn up and down was a thing that people tracked.  I think all of grey Kim, her hair was down; when Lalo got killed, hair down, when she went to kill Gus, hair up

1 hour ago, TEW said:

I think a series on Schwartz actually has a lot of potential. Flashbacks that show he was actually a ruthless businessman who F’d over Walt and stole his woman. Purposely had Walt doing experiments he knew could cause cancer. Shady business deals that intertwine with the drug trade (opiates maybe). Flash forward and they have business problems, try to steal Walt Jr’s inheritance. Somehow Badger and Skinny Pete get involved with Walt Jr to get the money back. I think that actually has a lot of potential.

I wanted to stop reading at multiple times during this and scream "no more flashbacks!! especially with older actors!" but you handled this proposal surprisingly well to never really have to worry about that (de-aging Gretchen and Elliot) - assuming you would just recast them for the early/college years. Once the flash forward hits you would just use the current actors as we know them obviously. I think this could be a surprisingly fun spin off mini series, vs. another El Camino-type movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

I wanted to stop reading at multiple times during this and scream "no more flashbacks!! especially with older actors!" but you handled this proposal surprisingly well to never really have to worry about that (de-aging Gretchen and Elliot) - assuming you would just recast them for the early/college years. Once the flash forward hits you would just use the current actors as we know them obviously. I think this could be a surprisingly fun spin off mini series, vs. another El Camino-type movie. 

Not bad for an off-the-cuff elevator pitch right? :lol: 

Kind of like BCS, Walt would be more of a cameo type appearance than major character. You could make it work because everyone knows the backstory. Just need him for a few scenes, most of it would be Schwartz doing sleazy sh**.

And yeah, mini-series is about right. I don’t think there is enough "there” for a full blown 4+ season project. But an 8-12 hour mini-series could have potential. Explore the early years of grey matter, how Walt got cancer, lost his first love, and then wrap the whole universe up with Walt Jr breaking bad to get his money along with dad’s old caterer dealers.

Actually, the best option is probably a Mike Ehrmantraut prequel. 

You could follow the flashback/flash forward format.  Cast a younger actor to play him as a young Philly cop in the 70s/80s and show how he became corrupt and got his son killed. 

• Like 4

Mike prequel would work.

Gus prequel would work.

Abuelita "bizznatch" Salamanca prequel would work.

• Like 1

They could do a Chemistry with Heisenberg series, where soon to be blue meth connoisseur talks through chemistry sets, formulas and negotiating deals with international corporations.