Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

At they scale they’re producing, everyone is going away for consecutive lifetimes. The bodies won’t matter a lick and that’s if anyone even digs up a poured concrete floor 

It becomes Federal under RICO and they become eligible for the Death Penalty under Federal Law 

• Like 1

I forget who teased it but one of the writer/directors said tonight's episode is 

Spoiler

one of the most heartbreaking yet. 

Also I was sweating out Kim going to Gus' house last week with a gun. Didn't think she'd make it up to the door without getting sniped or something.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I forget who teased it but one of the writer/directors said tonight's episode is 

Hide contents

Also I was sweating out Kim going to Gus' house last week with a gun. Didn't think she'd make it up to the door without getting sniped or something.

it's pretty wild having a must watch network TV show back on the menu. If I don't watch it tonight I will first thing in the morning before work tomorrow. cant risk spoilers. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think tonight also has the scene where Bob had his heart attack while filming 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I think tonight also has the scene where Bob had his heart attack while filming 

I thought that was the one with the set up pictures for Howard

Spoiler

I guess her leaving is the best we could have hoped for - much better than her being killed or going to jail.  Leaves open the door for a reunion with her and Gene.  

• Like 2

Also - major spoiler for next week - you've been warned

Spoiler

Next week's episode, I've read, is the one where Walter and Jesse make an appearance

Sorry - I'm talking to myself here - question about last night

Spoiler

What was the deal with Gus and the dude at the wine bar?  Gus clearly enjoyed talking to him/is attracted to him, but doesn't want to get too close so he ends up leaving?  To keep the dude out of danger I presume?  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hide contents

What was the deal with Gus and the dude at the wine bar?  Gus clearly enjoyed talking to him/is attracted to him, but doesn't want to get too close so he ends up leaving?  To keep the dude out of danger I presume?  

I think it came down to priorities.  He caught himself becoming a little too relaxed and realized he has work to be done.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Basically how I interpreted it. It was a Gus we really haven't seen much in this entire universe, and you could tell he was enjoying the company. But likely was just caught up in the moment. Once the wine guy stepped away, Gus sort of snapped back to reality and realized he could never risk a romantical or even friendly relationship while plotting against the Cartel and pushing forward with his Meth empire. The few scenes before was Gus staring at the spot Max died at Eladio's pool who was presumed to be his last love interest. 

And of course it also parallels with the whole Kim leaving Jimmy arc as well. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

I guess her leaving is the best we could have hoped for - much better than her being killed or going to jail.  Leaves open the door for a reunion with her and Gene.  

Spoiler

I'm not sure this is the real ending for her. Feels way too happy and feel good, even though it's not really, for a character in the BB/BCS world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure this is the real ending for her. Feels way too happy and feel good, even though it's not really, for a character in the BB/BCS world. 

yeah I think just out of principle and how good Rhea Seahorn has been, there's no way they send her off abruptly like this with still 5 episodes to go. This confirms to me that she will reappear in Genes timeline via the Nebraska connection there.

mixed thoughts about that transition/time jump. I was kinda hoping for something more gradual with the BCS version of Jimmy/Saul encountering Walt/Jesse as the timelines merge, and not just the BrBa version which it seems like it'll be now. We've already seen Walt and Saul. But I guess this is the Kim effect. Once she left, Jimmy left too. He became entranced with the work (and the gimmick ie. the ridiculous house) as a way to suppress all of the emotions left unaddressed. I guess the Gene timeline will tackle all of that the best it can, especially if Kim is gonna show up there. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

Kim will have a part to play.  Where did she go and what did she do? Esp if they want her to get another Emmy nomination next year.

I prefer this timeline jump only because it will focus on the end game now. Lalo is sorted, Gus is sorted, Hector is seen to be senile, Kim has gone, Mike has regrets and now we need to get end to of days Saul and Gene.  The cherry on top of the cake

I did like the line from Nachos dad about justice. An apt analogy for BB and BCS.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Also - major spoiler for next week - you've been warned

Hide contents

Next week's episode, I've read, is the one where Walter and Jesse make an appearance

Towards the end of the episode, he’s talking about a public masterbaiter, which is what he thought Badger was when he met him in jail.  That’s where I think the timeline is right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

Hide contents

Towards the end of the episode, he’s talking about a public masterbaiter, which is what he thought Badger was when he met him in jail.  That’s where I think the timeline is right now.

His license plate had a 2005 registration sticker so it should still be pre-BB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His license plate had a 2005 registration sticker so it should still be pre-BB

Really curious about this so I decided to look into this a bit more.  His handicapped placard expires in Nov 2008, but appears to be a temporary one (though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a fake).  So it’s within a year of that and his plate sticker is old, or it’s a real placard which is good for 4 years in NM (again, I looked this up because I’m really curious).  I really hope it’s 2008.  Reading over the prior comments recently in here, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go back and forth between right after Kim left and 2008. [\spoiler]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Reveal hidden contents

Really curious about this so I decided to look into this a bit more.  His handicapped placard expires in Nov 2008, but appears to be a temporary one (though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a fake).  So it’s within a year of that and his plate sticker is old, or it’s a real placard which is good for 4 years in NM (again, I looked this up because I’m really curious).  I really hope it’s 2008.  Reading over the prior comments recently in here, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go back and forth between right after Kim left and 2008. [\spoiler]

You Are One Pathetic Loser GIFs | Tenor

JK!  That's good info right there!!  This show continues to blow my mind.

Spoiler

I didn't even know Gus was gay, and I have no idea how I could have possibly missed that.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Hide contents

I didn't even know Gus was gay, and I have no idea how I could have possibly missed that.  

@olsilverhair continues to blow fat dudes for food

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Hide contents

It was always an unconfirmed rumor they left ambiguous to give Gus more intrigue and mystery. There are some throw away lines from Lalo/Eladio/Hector about Max being his boyfriend over both shows. The scene when Walt goes over Gus house for dinner their is a line from Gus about his Wife and kids being out of town but pretty sure this was just a lie/staged because they are never mentioned again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Hide contents

in the original script for BB, Gus's franchise was actually called Los Jotos Hermanos

2 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

in the original script for BB, Gus's franchise was actually called Los Jotos Hermanos

I'll bet you were saddened when they changed it, Kevin Spacey! 

• Haha 1

Timelines add up close enough for us to get a Will Byers/Gus Fring rom-com

• Haha 4