Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

I just can't see what at this point would be that much of a threat for Kim to throw her life as a lawyer away to go with the vacuum repair guy. I think it was just an easter egg of how Saul found out about the guy. 

My new theories, with Howard already struggling with his marriage, the damage that they’re getting ready to do to him professionally is too much for him to handle and he snaps and either goes after Jimmy, but hurts Kim by accident instead, or kills himself and Kim is so horrified at having had a part in causing it that she turns on Jimmy.

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I just can't see what at this point would be that much of a threat for Kim to throw her life as a lawyer away to go with the vacuum repair guy. I think it was just an easter egg of how Saul found out about the guy. 

The end scene with the moustache guy and his broken arm could well be the starting point - esp as she is already lying about Lalo.  Esp with the nods to what may happen in the next episode - they didn't need to introduce with Kim; it could have waited right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

The end scene with the moustache guy and his broken arm could well be the starting point - esp as she is already lying about Lalo.  Esp with the nods to what may happen in the next episode - they didn't need to introduce with Kim; it could have waited right?

Just seems like something very drastic would have to happen for her to completely want to wipe her life away from everything and everyone and live a weird sheltered life with nothing. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

My new theories, with Howard already struggling with his marriage, the damage that they’re getting ready to do to him professionally is too much for him to handle and he snaps and either goes after Jimmy, but hurts Kim by accident instead, or kills himself and Kim is so horrified at having had a part in causing it that she turns on Jimmy.

This I can see. They are subtly laying it on thick with his namaste license plate and peace sign cappuccino. 

Not sure if they would go with the suicide route already doing it with Chuck, but its possible.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just seems like something very drastic would have to happen for her to completely want to wipe her life away from everything and everyone and live a weird sheltered life with nothing. 

I agree, but the amount of loose threads in the program are certainly tantalising to think about.  I guess Saul knowing about the Service starts somewhere; just a case of who and when.

As an aside, I didn't realise that some of the phone numbers in the program are real and you get voice mail etc if you call them.  I'll leave it there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It wouldn’t be the first great show that left a lot of loose ends or did a poor job of cleaning things up as it closes out.  

That said, Kim has a nice pooper.   I miss Nacho.  

I guess as its Gilligan and Gould, I expect better than most shows for cleaning the bits up they need to.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 8:35 AM, UK Eagle said:

They are definitely alluding to Kim further crossing a line in conjunction with flashback at beginning. Could be red herring. Hope she lives or doesn’t end up in jail for 30 years

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

They are definitely alluding to Kim further crossing a line in conjunction with flashback at beginning. Could be red herring. Hope she lives or doesn’t end up in jail for 30 years

Agree.  The whole sleight of hand from her Mum and "we got away with it" tends to Kim pushing something further than perhaps this version of Saul would.

I thought that the way to get Kim out of the picture was sending her to the East Coast (I think it was NY) for that program that Clifford was talking about.  Then she turned around as she was going to the interview.  I wonder if she’ll somehow redeem herself to that group and still get the opportunity, but Saul will say he’s got to stay due to cartel or the street credit he has in ABQ.

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

bruh…

55 minutes ago, DBW said:

Bruh! 😳 

Bruhhhhh

• Like 3

Wowwwww

Spoiler

No idea how they wrap this all up now 

I wonder what scene caused Bob to have his heart attack? 

The running scene tonight? 

The boxing scene? 

The scene where he was trying to rip the no parking sign out of the ground? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I wonder what scene caused Bob to have his heart attack? 

The running scene tonight? 

The boxing scene? 

The scene where he was trying to rip the no parking sign out of the ground? 

Wondered the same thing last night! 

• Like 1

I was traveling for work last night - got to the hotel around 10:45 and of course wanted to watch.  Once that went down I couldn't fall asleep.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBW said:

Wondered the same thing last night! 

He definitely looked sickly in certain scenes in this episode.

The makeup was very noticable. 

Damn - still thinking about this.  

Spoiler

I think Howard's death is hitting me harder than Nacho's.  They really did a fantastic job of turning him from someone who everyone hates to someone you feel empathy for.  The final scene, when he was dressing down Jimmy and Kim, I agreed with everything he said.  They are sick, cruel people who did that because they got off on seeing someone suffer.  What a fantastically written and acted piece of television.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Just found this in an article:

"it was me, Rhea Seehorn, and Patrick Fabian. And I just went down. I just had a heart attack."

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/767405/bob-odenkirk-details-how-his-life-was-saved-on-the-set-of-better-call-saul/?utm_campaign=clip

I'm guessing it was "the scene?" 

From what I read it was on set but not while filming a scene, he was just hanging out with Rhea and Patrick. Also Gilligan was directing so it would be either episode 2 this season or some future episode. 

Damn. Still can't believe 

Spoiler

the secret to potato and leek soup isn't the potato, it's the leeks. You have to keep them chunky. Garlic helps too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Damn. Still can't believe 

Reveal hidden contents

the secret to potato and leek soup isn't the potato, it's the leeks. You have to keep them chunky. Garlic helps too.

Spoiler

When someone had you in the first half and you're not gonna lie about it -  Imgflip

• Haha 1

I hate everyone who doesn't watch this show, and borderline-hate everyone who doesn't watch this show in real-time. I don't need these kinds of people in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2