Stranger Things

opengeo

37 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

Wait.  What?  The upside down gave Wil the ghey?

Will the Wise?  More like Will the Gay

4 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

Media forces all of that down our throats (gay/bi/genderless/toaster, interracial couples) and feel they need to throw it in our faces constantly and in every dammn thing that is on social media(tv, commercials, advertisements, billboards, etc). It is all about control. Gubment and media want to tell us what to think, how to think and what is important.

F gubment and F media. Shows need to be good stories, not fundamental control agendas🙂

its more the fact that if there isnt a gay character, some small group is going to go up in arms about it and the media is going to eat it up for clicks/views. thats why every show is trying to shoe horn it in, to shut up the loud minority

• Like 1

In this case, it's actually potential for a compelling sub-plot.  A small Indiana town back in a time when it wasn't as safe or common to come out, a guy dealing with feelings for a straight friend and what to do with that.  But is that necessary in a show about monsters and an upside down world?  With all the other side plots happening and crammed in there it just felt out of place.  They already had a lesbian character with the same struggle.  The writing was kind of all over the place, several unnecessary things brought in, then not actually seen through to resolution.  So it does feel they wanted to just throw another LGBT character in there.

It would have been much more interesting and made more sense for his character, to have Will with some type of connection/dreams/something to the upside down world since he spent much time there before.  

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

In this case, it's actually potential for a compelling sub-plot.  A small Indiana town back in a time when it wasn't as safe or common to come out, a guy dealing with feelings for a straight friend and what to do with that.  But is that necessary in a show about monsters and an upside down world?  With all the other side plots happening and crammed in there it just felt out of place.  They already had a lesbian character with the same struggle.  The writing was kind of all over the place, several unnecessary things brought in, then not actually seen through to resolution.  So it does feel they wanted to just throw another LGBT character in there.

It would have been much more interesting and made more sense for his character, to have Will with some type of connection/dreams/something to the upside down world since he spent much time there before.  

i 100% agree with this

I hope that next season they reveal that Will’s been on puberty blockers, and that he’s able to, at least, begin transitioning.

• Haha 1

I can’t believe they killed off a character named Munson.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Wait.  What?  The upside down gave Wil the ghey?

No, it was the inside out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I hope that next season they reveal that Will’s been on puberty blockers, and that he’s able to, at least, begin transitioning.

Well apparently he's not gay enough. Some are complaining about "queerbaiting" where they hint a character is gay but they don't do anything with it romantically. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniesoteriou/stranger-things-noah-schnapp-will-gay-queer-baiting

17 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

It’s a TV show, Nancy 

yes, 1 show that has to shove that BS in it so foo foo fluff people dont get their panties in a bunch 👭🛀👬

2 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

yes, 1 show that has to shove that BS in it so foo foo fluff people dont get their panties in a bunch 👭🛀👬

If single moms, mixed-race couples, and gay people can exist IRL then what’s wrong with putting them in a TV show?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

If single moms, mixed-race couples, and gay people can exist IRL then what’s wrong with putting them in a TV show?

Nothing at all. It is the fact that they shove it in EVERY TV show now because people dont know how to have spines

• Sad 1

Agree with rest that just paying lip service is stupid and better to just ignore. Not every sci fi horror show has to address teen sexuality. 

I just swatted a fly and its nowhere to be found.

My question is, did I unknowingly banish it to the upside down and will we have to deal with this later together as a band of message board misfits?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, paco said:

I just swatted a fly and its nowhere to be found.

My question is, did I unknowingly banish it to the upside down and will we have to deal with this later together as a band of message board misfits?

I'll install the banana seat and handle bar streamers on my Huffy just in case.

10 minutes ago, paco said:

dsygwQw.jpg

They're making money off younger generations just discovering them. 

How do you "discover" Metallica?  It's like our generation "discovering" the beetles. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:36 PM, mikemack8 said:

Yep - when he said he has the mind flayer inside him, he was being literal

Lol I laughed way too much at this

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, paco said:

How do you "discover" Metallica?  It's like our generation "discovering" the beetles. 

They're just learning about them, like the Kate Bush song making it a hit again. 

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

They're just learning about them, like the Kate Bush song making it a hit again. 

The Kate Bush song is getting played way more now than it ever did in the ‘80’s. She better send the Duffer Bros a Christmas card.

• Thanks 1

Debbie Gibson is ready for Season 5 I’ll bet

• Haha 1