Amazon Lord of the Rings Show

opengeo

37 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hide contents

I've never read the books, but from what I've read online he had Celebrimbor and the elves fooled for a bit, right?

Spoiler

yep, he fooled them into forging the three elven rings. if they stay somewhat canon, next season we should see something similar with the dwarves and/or men. 

• Like 2

Great show.  Loved it.  Had the feeling of The Fellowship of the Ring instead of The Hobbit.  The ending was great. 

Spoiler

She could resist the flesh but, ultimately, she could not resist the power.

• Like 4

I’ll echo what the non-hypercritical have said. Great final episode. Def do not think it will be Gandalf and think it will be Saruman.  They hinted at his darkside a lot 

• Like 2

could very well be saruman, he should've been the 1st to arrive considering he was the leader of the istari. 

I think with all the focus on his connection with nature it could be Radagast also. I'd prefer if it was not a character seen before but I definitely don't think it's Gandalf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devpool said:

I think with all the focus on his connection with nature it could be Radagast also. I'd prefer if it was not a character seen before but I definitely don't think it's Gandalf.

agreed. was just taking an alternative guess. I def think there’s no chance it is Gandalf and think it would lead to way too much criticism if it was. 

we can all take guesses and i think the fact that there could be three different possibilities was the plan by the writers. there will be discussions and debates until its revealed who he actually is. 

the more i think about it though, the more i think it may be saruman. beyond being the first and the leader, remember that treebeard told merry about how he & saruman were close and that he used to walk amongst the trees and had a love for the forests. 

7 hours ago, homerpat said:

agreed. was just taking an alternative guess. I def think there’s no chance it is Gandalf and think it would lead to way too much criticism if it was. 

I think they have every intention of making this the backstory for Gandalf.  The quotes and the interactions with hobbits are meant to make fans beg for it to be Gandalf, timeline be damned.  But I do think they have left themselves an out clause in case the toxic nerds get too nasty.  They can pivot to a Blue Wizard rather easily if they feel the need.  But I don't think that a show that has given us the creation of Mount Doom and Morder, redefined mithril, getting ready to sunder continents and kingdoms, reimagined Galadriel, etc etc is going to clam up and chicken out and give us a friggin Blue Wizard.

14 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

we can all take guesses and i think the fact that there could be three different possibilities

Actually 4 because he could be a Blue Wizard.  I've seen more steam behind that theory than Saruman or Radagast.  Especially Saruman, who had active disdain for the silly little hobbits. 

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Actually 4 because he could be a Blue Wizard.  I've seen more steam behind that theory than Saruman or Radagast.  Especially Saruman, who had active disdain for the silly little hobbits. 

maybe it will explain why he hates Hobbits

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

no