Amazon Lord of the Rings Show

opengeo

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm damn sure Hobbits F like jackrabbits.  They get 2nd breakfast and a screw in every hole before noon.

I heard the knobs on the Hobbits are hairy like their feet. Kinda weird if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I heard the knobs on the Hobbits are hairy like their feet. Kinda weird if you ask me. 

My precious!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

My precious!

Notice how Gollum's loin cloth was so small?

I got a source who told me that's because usually, Hobbits are hung like horses, hairy knobs and all. But, Gollum's wang shrank so much, and the knob went bald, he had to hide it under his little loin cloth. 

This is all rumour of course. I have no proof. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Notice how Gollum's loin cloth was so small?

I got a source who told me that's because usually, Hobbits are hung like horses, hairy knobs and all. But, Gollum's wang shrank so much, and the knob went bald, he had to hide it under his little loin cloth. 

This is all rumour of course. I have no proof. 

Uh huh...sources.  You totally never sucked off all 13 of Thorin's company.

On 8/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, Mike030270 said:

The Hobbit trilogy and Lord of the Rings trilogy are in 4k on Prime. They aren't the extended versions though

HBO max has all of them including the extended versions 

9 hours ago, devpool said:

HBO max has all of them including the extended versions 

The extended version isn't in 4k. Can't remember if the theatrical one is

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

The extended version isn't in 4k. Can't remember if the theatrical one is

Ah, I don't believe they are. I'd have to check again 

11 minutes ago, devpool said:

Ah, I don't believe they are. I'd have to check again 

I'm currently rewatching the extended version. It isn't lol

Highlights and lowlights from the first two episodes.  

Highlights:

-  Middle earth looks amazing as ever, the design of the cities, Valinor, towers etc are dazzling

-  Galadriel and Elrond are fantastic, both actors are instantly iconic in the roles.  Gil-Galad stood out as well.

-  The races are all interpreted well and you can feel the "2nd age" reflected in all of them.

Lowlights:

- Half of the sub plots just seem clumsy.  Just lame choices for getting from A to B.

-  Dialogue veers off from Tolkien's style, but without adding any humor.  The more mundane characters (humans and Harfoots) have a generic fantasy vibe

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Highlights:

-  Middle earth looks amazing as ever, the design of the cities, Valinor, towers etc are dazzling

-  Galadriel and Elrond are fantastic, both actors are instantly iconic in the roles.  Gil-Galad stood out as well.

-  The races are all interpreted well and you can feel the "2nd age" reflected in all of them.

Lowlights:

- Half of the sub plots just seem clumsy.  Just lame choices for getting from A to B.

-  Dialogue veers off from Tolkien's style, but without adding any humor.  The more mundane characters (humans and Harfoots) have a generic fantasy vibe

Yes, yes, but what about the dwarven penii? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Highlights:

Lowlights:

Early ruling after seeing 2 episodes of both HotD and RoP?  I haven't had a chance to watch RoP yet.

It was interesting (Episode 1), I wasn't going to watch it because I've never watched the movies. But then I read that it's a prequel, so the movies won't be spoiled. 

I really enjoyed the first episode, going to have to finish the second episode tonight. 

It was visually stunning 

I liked it. Looked amazing too. Didn't read the books. Someone I know that read them really liked the show though

On 9/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, mikemack8 said:

Early ruling after seeing 2 episodes of both HotD and RoP?  I haven't had a chance to watch RoP yet.

I was a bit surprised that RoP has had a lot more nudity then HoD.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, mikemack8 said:

Early ruling is that they are both interesting and different enough to watch simultaneously over the next couple months.  HoD is a more tightly woven drama, but it's also dark and insular, almost claustrophobic.  RoP is EPIC with easy to root for heroes, but can be corny, like Tolkien was but without his dry wit.

They are both off to good starts but they both have flaws that could dampen success down the road.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I was a bit surprised that RoP has had a lot more nudity then HoD.

That's extremely weird because none of the other LOTR movies had any nudity that I can recall. Which is a shame cause i wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of arwen and galadriel 

I can’t disagree more with what most here seem to be saying. I thought it looked awful — terrible CGI, hokey, fake looking — and not in a cool, surreal, mystical type of way, but in the "I tried really hard and failed” kind of way. For a near billion dollar production, this was an uniquely awful effort.

The dialogue is just as bad. It’s like what an 8 year old might write after reading some Tolkien and thinking they’d write their own fantasy.

The fight scene with the troll was laughable. And I mean that literally and sincerely — I laughed out loud it was so corny. What terrible choreography. The elves look like a middle school theater production.

I couldn’t even make it through the entire first episode. Literally, I fell asleep. I’ll let the season run through and if people whose reviews I tend to like give it a thumbs up then maybe I’ll revisit it, but my first impression is this is the biggest waste of money in the history of motion pictures.

House of Dragons has actually surprised me and is pretty good. My advice is if you are going to pick one, pick HoD.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TEW said:

I can’t disagree more with what most here seem to be saying. I thought it looked awful — terrible CGI, hokey, fake looking — and not in a cool, surreal, mystical type of way, but in the "I tried really hard and failed” kind of way. For a near billion dollar production, this was an uniquely awful effort.

The dialogue is just as bad. It’s like what an 8 year old might write after reading some Tolkien and thinking they’d write their own fantasy.

The fight scene with the troll was laughable. And I mean that literally and sincerely — I laughed out loud it was so corny. What terrible choreography. The elves look like a middle school theater production.

I couldn’t even make it through the entire first episode. Literally, I fell asleep. I’ll let the season run through and if people whose reviews I tend to like give it a thumbs up then maybe I’ll revisit it, but my first impression is this is the biggest waste of money in the history of motion pictures.

That concurs with what I'd heard.  I've never had any interest in it nor have any interest in the adaptations from Jackson and Amazon, but I know people who are into the LoR and they are rinsing the Amazon show.  Bad CGi, bad dialogue, random story, someone jumping into a sea miles from the coast etc.  Disney levels of stupidity with a bigger budget.

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

That concurs with what I'd heard.  I've never had any interest in it nor have any interest in the adaptations from Jackson and Amazon, but I know people who are into the LoR and they are rinsing the Amazon show.  Bad CGi, bad dialogue, random story, someone jumping into a sea miles from the coast etc.  Disney levels of stupidity with a bigger budget.

I’m a pretty big fan of LOTR & enjoy RoP quite a bit for what’s it worth 

• Like 2

You guys are nuts. It looks amazing. Upgrade your tv

You can complain about it not being accurate to the books and that's fair

Spoiler

I'd like it to keep the main plot that the humans got 9 rings, dwarfs got 7 and they were all made by Sauron. The elfs made 3 rings that were made using the technique of Sauron and they're all connected to the one ring

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m a pretty big fan of LOTR & enjoy RoP quite a bit for what’s it worth 

I am clueless.  I though Galadriel's name was Gladriel until last week and I can't name which character Ian McKellen played, so I genuinely have no idea about it or if it's any good .  Just passing on the geek grumbling I've heard a lot about.