Amazon Lord of the Rings Show

opengeo

13 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Looks like the same trailer you posted before lol

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Looks like the same trailer you posted before lol

It's 2 minutes and 30 seconds.... The other was a minute 

Didn't realize this is coming out sept.2, thought it was for November. The head to head v.s. House of Dragon is going to be super serious.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, Mike030270 said:

This has grown on me a lot. I’m excited it’s on a week away!

• Like 1

Looking ahead to the matchup, the biggest advantage I see for RoP is it has an exciting main character any fantasy nerd should be geeked to see:  young Galadriel is brand name to get behind.  Over on HoD we seen 1st episode and still don't know who to root for 😆

Visually it looks fantastic, but from what I’m reading they basically said GFYS to anyone who wanted to be faithful to Tolkien’s world.

I’ll probably wait for other people to watch before I waste my time with it.

23 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Looking ahead to the matchup, the biggest advantage I see for RoP is it has an exciting main character any fantasy nerd should be geeked to see:  young Galadriel is brand name to get behind.  Over on HoD we seen 1st episode and still don't know who to root for 😆

I thought it was conspicuous (for GoT at least) that we’re supposed to root for Rhaenyra. Heavy handed, even.

2 hours ago, TEW said:

I thought it was conspicuous (for GoT at least) that we’re supposed to root for Rhaenyra. Heavy handed, even.

Is it?  Coming off how it went down with Daenarys?  Maybe.

17 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Is it?  Coming off how it went down with Daenarys?  Maybe.

With all of the "women have never ruled before” propaganda, yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Who’s the alternative? Literally a guy named Daemon who slaughtered a bunch of people in the streets? :lol: 

50 minutes ago, TEW said:

With all of the "women have never ruled before” propaganda, yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Who’s the alternative? Literally a guy named Daemon who slaughtered a bunch of people in the streets? :lol: 

I absolutely think Daemon could be a fan fave.  Jaime Lannister started out as a heavy.  Also think we have yet to meet a number of salt and earth characters.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:12 PM, TEW said:

Visually it looks fantastic, but from what I’m reading they basically said GFYS to anyone who wanted to be faithful to Tolkien’s world.

I’ll probably wait for other people to watch before I waste my time with it.

Is it based (loosely) on The Silmarillion?

11 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

"Loosely” being the key word. They told anyone who wanted to keep the story even somewhat faithful to Tolkien’s vision to F off. Everyone from Peter Jackson to (blanking on his name) a professor who specializes in Tolkien’s work and is basically the go-to guy for consulting on projects related to his work.

11 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

$715 million for 8 episodes?

:unsure:

Yes. It has the potential to be the biggest flop of all time.

• Haha 1

It's going to have to be a special level of bad to truly flop.  Star Wars and Harry Potter have been getting away with almost universally mediocre to bad products for 10 years.  Marvel's record is only slightly better.  Even putrid DC doesn't actually lose money on their steaming piles of trash.  I see plenty of mediocre fantasy shows with much lesser IP's plodding along (Wheel of Time/dark materials/Shadow&Bone).

But yeah Amazon could still take it in the nuts reputation wise if this lands 4th or 5th in popularity from that scrum.

The Hobbit trilogy and Lord of the Rings trilogy are in 4k on Prime. They aren't the extended versions though

The Elrond Khazad Dum sneak preview scene was pretty cool.  Really liked the take on the dwarfs, heavy Brian Froud influence.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, Dave Moss said:

the book is a tough read. incomplete works thrown together in a timeline that covers two ages. 

i finally did the audio version a couple years back.. definitely more enjoyable IMO. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the book is a tough read. incomplete works thrown together in a timeline that covers two ages. 

i finally did the audio version a couple years back.. definitely more enjoyable IMO. 

D5248412-0844-448F-989E-12D2E438F3B3.jpeg

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I heard their dongs are like hockey pucks. All about that girth

I'm damn sure Hobbits F like jackrabbits.  They get 2nd breakfast and a screw in every hole before noon.