Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

31 minutes ago, DBW said:

But can we talk about how a practice squad guy that they cut at one point is outperforming a bunch of howie picks?  Or that howie gave Peter’s $3m extra keep the trainers busy taping his legs back on while a 7th round flier that clearly is better at this point rots on the bench.  Or how bout the absurd contract he gave to alshon "white men can jump higher than me” jeffrey?  Do we give him a pass on cutting Douglas and Jones who evidently can ball but we had to keep a bunch of 5’3” corners because they teach howie how dance at practice and pregame?  

for every one instance you can come up with about how great howie is, there’s 10 failures that I don’t even have to try to come up with. 

Douglas and Jones is on the coaches.... They didn't put them in the scheme where they would succeed period. 

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

How often do you see coaches/GM get fired 3 years after winning a Super Bowl, and making playoffs twice after that? Howie and Doug will be here to start 2021 season no matter the record at end of this season

San Francisco did something pretty close to this and went to a SB shortly thereafter.

Not saying that WILL happen here, but it probably should.

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

San Francisco did something pretty close to this and went to a SB shortly thereafter.

Not saying that WILL happen here, but it probably should.

Not necessarily, If you’re referencing their 2012 Super Bowl appearance. They lost that game, then all of their key guys left via free agency or retirement not long after. Harbaugh wanted out too it seemed. 

6 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Roseman isn't going anywhere and he's going to retain FULL GM powers after the season.

Well, you at least do a good job of pinpointing the problem.

Hard to believe they passed on Brady in 2000 too. 

It's nice that the draft is such a crapshoot. It gives us no end of things to whine about. 

6 minutes ago, wyote said:

Hard to believe they passed on Brady in 2000 too. 

I don't even follow college closely, but everyone pretty much knew going in that Jefferson was a top-3 talent at WR. Conversely, most people were like "Who the F is Reagor?" when they drafted him. Sure, it's still too early to tell, but the general perception at the time was that the Eagles outsmarted themselves again.

12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I don't even follow college closely, but everyone pretty much knew going in that Jefferson was a top-3 talent at WR. Conversely, most people were like "Who the F is Reagor?" when they drafted him. Sure, it's still too early to tell, but the general perception at the time was that the Eagles outsmarted themselves again.

Oh, the general perception. Well then all the more reason to whine. I didn't get a flying rainbow pony for Christmas yet either. 

As I recall everyone was also pissed that we didn't trade up to get CeeDee Lamb. 

It's almost as if things are hard sometimes. 

I love how fans actually think they can plug any player onto any team and they will automatically produce at the same level as they currently do. I really believe that Madden has ruined objective football talk.

It is kind of hard for a WR to produce when the QB is playing as poorly as Wentz. JJ would be terrible here because of Wentz and the scheme.

I am not a huge fan of Howie, but you guys are ridiculous when it comes to him and always have been. He will be here for at least one more year. Depending on what actually happens with the cap situation next year and what this team looks at the end of 2021 will seal his fate. Will he be able to work the cap magic that he has been able to do in the past and make this team into a winner again or will this team be even worse next year?

9 minutes ago, wyote said:

Oh, the general perception. Well then all the more reason to whine. I didn't get a flying rainbow pony for Christmas yet either. 

As I recall everyone was also pissed that we didn't trade up to get CeeDee Lamb. 

It's almost as if things are hard sometimes. 

Calm down, Nancy.

47 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Virtually everybody had him (Jefferson) ranked as the 4th best WR.  Most of the people posting here didn't want him because they believed he was only a slot WR. Most mocks had us picking him, which is why there was a growing voice against picking him. Now ... people are acting like they were for him the whole time ... lol. 

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Virtually everybody had him (Jefferson) ranked as the 4th best WR.  Most of the people posting here didn't want him because they believed he was only a slot WR.

As I recall, it was Jeudy and Lamb, then Ruggs/Jefferson or Jefferson/Ruggs, depending on who you asked. Regardless, no one was really looking for Reagor at that spot. You are correct that the general consensus was that Jefferson was primarily a slot receiver, but Reagor definitely seemed like a reach where they took him.

I’m going to take a wait and see here, but right now Jefferson looks like the better player. I’d like to see Reagor more involved in the offense. 

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

Reagor will turn out to be a good pick if he doesn't get ruined by a bad QB.

Injuries are a factor too. The guy has to stay in the field. Same with Sanders. 

8 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Unbelievable..........31 teams passed in Metcalf twice.  Seattle took LJ Collier in the first round....a guy who ended his rookie season with 3 f------ tackles.

But yeah, let's single out roseman......

And Jefferson?  Only idiots compare rookies after 10 games. 

Roseman isn't going anywhere and he's going to retain FULL GM powers after the season........Regardless of what the fans and media think....

Howie’s sucked since the Super Bowl, just awful. Bad drafts, bad contracts, bad pro personnel decisions. Will he still be here? Of course. And that’s a damned shame.. 

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

I love how fans actually think they can plug any player onto any team and they will automatically produce at the same level as they currently do. I really believe that Madden has ruined objective football talk.

It is kind of hard for a WR to produce when the QB is playing as poorly as Wentz. JJ would be terrible here because of Wentz and the scheme.

I am not a huge fan of Howie, but you guys are ridiculous when it comes to him and always have been. He will be here for at least one more year. Depending on what actually happens with the cap situation next year and what this team looks at the end of 2021 will seal his fate. Will he be able to work the cap magic that he has been able to do in the past and make this team into a winner again or will this team be even worse next year?

I love the fans who defend howies terrible picks with "you can’t just plug x receiver into our system and expect him to produce” 

meanwhile the guys howie take that supposedly "fit our scheme” never contribute Jack sheet so what exactly is your point again? 

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I remember NFL media guys being universal that Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy were the top 3. But Jefferson was very close after those 3 guys. Daniel Jeremiah had Jefferson as WR4 & 14th overall on his final big board, he had Reagor at WR10 and 56th overall. I don’t think Reagor was that big of an unknown, at least people who follow the draft closely, he had been put in first round mocks routinely for awhile. 

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I remember NFL media guys being universal that Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy were the top 3. But Jefferson was very close after those 3 guys. Daniel Jeremiah had Jefferson as WR4 & 14th overall on his final big board, he had Reagor at WR10 and 56th overall. I don’t think Reagor was that big of an unknown, at least people who follow the draft closely, he had been put in first round mocks routinely for awhile. 

Yeah that's how i see it. Some had Reagor higher, some had him lower. Some liked the potential he had whereas others preferred that Jefferson was more polished. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that's how i see it. Some had Reagor higher, some had him lower. Some liked the potential he had whereas others preferred that Jefferson was more polished. 

WR rankings after the "big 3” were pretty varied. Jefferson was probably most common in the top 5, but I remember some who put Reagor in their top 5 as well. I know Reagor was probably the most commonly slotted pick for the Eagles in first round, and was usually put in the late first round. He was slotted to GB & NO too. Reagor’s biggest critique was his drops. 
It’s pointless griping about it now though, not like the pick can be redone. We should wait until end of their 3rd year and then take a good look at "who should of been the pick”. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If you can find a single major WR prospect ranking that has Reagor higher than WR5, you're better than I am.  I think his average rank was WR 7-10.

The big worry I have with Reagor right now is that his primary asset was supposedly blowing by defenders with game breaking greasy fast speed and last game he didn't look fast at all.

Jefferson wouldn't be doing ish in this crap offense either and you all would be bishing that we should have taken reagor 

9 minutes ago, devpool said:

Jefferson wouldn't be doing ish in this crap offense either and you all would be bishing that we should have taken reagor 

The offense where Travis Fulgham had more yards than any receiver in the league from week 4-10?  I'd never claim the offense was great because it isn't but the yards are there for the right player, also you might have a better point if Jefferson was the only rookie receiver doing better than Reagor through week 10, but it's like most of the rest of the top 10 - 12 prospects are performing better than Reagor as well as Nelson Agholor.

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The offense where Travis Fulgham had more yards than any receiver in the league from week 4-10?  I'd never claim the offense was great because it isn't but the yards are there for the right player, also you might have a better point if Jefferson was the only rookie receiver doing better than Reagor through week 10, but it's like most of the rest of the top 10 - 12 prospects are performing better than Reagor as well as Nelson Agholor.

Reagor missed 3 games, half the rookie class should be doing better 

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If you can find a single major WR prospect ranking that has Reagor higher than WR5, you're better than I am.  I think his average rank was WR 7-10.

I saw him as high as WR4/5 but I also saw him lower than that. I certainly didn't think the overall reaction at the time of the pick was "well that was a massive reach".

Archived