Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

9 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I hate Wentz's mechanics and work habits too..., but Wentz is not going anywhere! 

Wentz is costing the Eagles $18.656 million against the cap for 2020. His dead money was set at $77.877 million. His cap number jumps up to $34.673 million in 2021. It comes down to $31.274 million in 2022, and hits a peak of $36.273 million in 2023. In 2024, the final year of the contract, the cap hit of $32 million will match his average annual salary. 

Might as well support him instead of criticizing him. ;) It takes the same amount of time.

Pretty sure there is a way he can be released after next season and the eagles do not take a huge loss, with the way Howie did the contract. 

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

It took them how many years of drafting wrs to finally hit on megatron? That's the Eagles 

Wait where’s our megatron? 

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

8 Receivers went ahead of Metcalf.  And the reason is that Metcalf missed almost half his college games due to injury and was dealing with a neck injury at the time of the draft.  There are a few other "reasons" that Metcalf fell, some were an overemphasis on certain combine drills, some were some ill perceived opinions about his game.  

Obviously, this happens frequently.  But the eagles weren't about to take a player who seemed to be hurt half the time.  Metcalf was a victim of analytics and poor opinions.  I'm not debating Metcalf vs JJAW.....I would have taken a non-WR with that pick.  

So yeah, what other teams do may have an impact on what some teams do.  Also, we don't know what info the eagles college scouting report on Metcalf told Roseman.  Everybody in the NFL was wrong about him, even seattle once.  So why did seattle pass on this guy in the first round? How could they do that?  They needed WRs but took a DE who had 3 tackles in his rookie year.

I really do not get this fan bases hardon for DK Metcalf.

The WR that the Eagles missed out on was Terry McLaurin. He has just as many yards and catches as DK in 3 less games. He has had to play with the likes of Colt McCoy, Haskins, Case Keenum and Kyle Allen all while DK has had Wilson.

McLaurin is the better WR.

1 hour ago, FlankingRight said:

Wait where’s our megatron? 

He's playing in Seattle

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

I really do not get this fan bases hardon for DK Metcalf.

The WR that the Eagles missed out on was Terry McLaurin. He has just as many yards and catches as DK in 3 less games. He has had to play with the likes of Colt McCoy, Haskins, Case Keenum and Kyle Allen all while DK has had Wilson.

McLaurin is the better WR.

Wow I did not realize they had such similar numbers. Honestly, McLaurin is the more balanced receiver of the two so you may be on to something... DK is a game breaker though

8 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Since he became GM again in 2016 his team has been to the playoffs 3 times and won a Super Bowl. Below average GMs do not do that.

You are looking in a rear view mirror and i am trying to look ahead.  Howie has dug this team into the hall that we will be stuck in for a few years at least. This is not what great managers do.

6 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Pretty sure there is a way he can be released after next season and the eagles do not take a huge loss, with the way Howie did the contract. 

No.  If released in 2021 we’d incur a dead money hit to the cap of $59M.  If released in 2022 that hit is $25M.  You’d have to go to 2023 when it may make sense to cut bait (if he hasn’t gotten his ish together by then) ... "only” a $15M dead money hit but “$19M in cap savings if cut.  

NOTE: all values = pre-June 1.

4 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Reagor getting his panties in a bunch, when ask about Justin jefferson, is/was a major red flag for me. 

Yeah ... I wouldn't hire any reporter that asked such an absurd question to a player. Only the Philly media would be so pitiful.

10 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Reagor getting his panties in a bunch, when ask about Justin jefferson, is/was a major red flag for me. 

Why? The guy doesn't want to be compared and is passionate about defending himself. I don't see an issue with that. Hopefully he can use it to motivate himself to prove the doubters wrong. 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:47 PM, PoconoDon said:

Just draft Ja'Marr Chase in April and things will look brighter at WR.

Except we have other needs now. Like oline and basically a whole new defense.  Reagor is gunna have to be the man

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Except we have other needs now. Like oline and basically a whole new defense.  Reagor is gunna have to be the man

I understand what you're saying. I think they need to raise the bar in the 1st round and I am convinced about who is best to take. Them constantly trying to turn a #2 into a #1 is a failed strategy we've witnessed for many decades with this team. I think this draft class in April offers zero DE's and zero CB's who look like star prospects. There are a good number of OK to good prospects and they'll be there in the middle rounds to take. Even the most highly touted OT is a ? coming out of the less than physical PAC-12. OG prospects look quite good but they won't all be gone by round 2 or 3. These next 2 drafts offer a star WR who defenses will have to worry about and a CB who can do it all AND plays the ball even in man coverage, which few can nowadays.

Get Chase in 2021 and Stingley in 2022. Take two star prospects at skill positions with tremendous ceilings in round 1, instead of some also ran who we have to hope might develop into a pretty good player in a few years. trade up if you have to, but add a couple of top shelf impact players to this team. That's where I'm at on the subject.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, birdman#12 said:

Unbelievable..........31 teams passed in Metcalf twice.  Seattle took LJ Collier in the first round....a guy who ended his rookie season with 3 f------ tackles.

But yeah, let's single out roseman......

And Jefferson?  Only idiots compare rookies after 10 games. 

Roseman isn't going anywhere and he's going to retain FULL GM powers after the season........Regardless of what the fans and media think....

You know this for a fact- NOT. Lurie can take away personnel duties from Howie in a heartbeat if he gets disgusted enough. You were emphatic about Howie having FULL power... I'm just saying if they collapse in a pitiful way, I wouldn't be so damn sure about it. Well, YOU, can, I won't. Lurie HAS to be stewing right now and who knows what he might do. He might not fire Howie, but he could strip him of some power. It's not it hasn't happened before.

19 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You know this for a fact- NOT. Lurie can take away personnel duties from Howie in a heartbeat if he gets disgusted enough. You were emphatic about Howie having FULL power... I'm just saying if they collapse in a pitiful way, I wouldn't be so damn sure about it. Well, YOU, can, I won't. Lurie HAS to be stewing right now and who knows what he might do. He might not fire Howie, but he could strip him of some power. It's not it hasn't happened before.

I think it happened before because Howie and Lurie wanted Chip because he was the hot coaching commodity at the time. So, when Chip asked for personnel control, Howie didn't have grounds to say that Chip shouldn't get it because he was on board with how great Chip was. Howie won't make that mistake again. He will always recommend coaches who don't want personnel control.  I don't think Lurie took Howie's power away to punish Howie, it was more to make Chip happy. That dynamic doesn't exist now.

15 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I think it happened before because Howie and Lurie wanted Chip because he was the hot coaching commodity at the time. So, when Chip asked for personnel control, Howie didn't have grounds to say that Chip shouldn't get it because he was on board with how great Chip was. Howie won't make that mistake again. He will always recommend coaches who don't want personnel control.  I don't think Lurie took Howie's power away to punish Howie, it was more to make Chip happy. That dynamic doesn't exist now.

I'm not so sure Lurie is pleased with Howie right now, or anyone else, for that matter. I think Lurie is stewing, and the simmering will change to boiling if they suck the rest of the year. Let's see if the Eagles do the yearly "miraculous finish to make the playoffs" thing again. Not this 

Just now, Talonblood said:

I'm not so sure Lurie is pleased with Howie right now, or anyone else, for that matter. I think Lurie is stewing, and the simmering will change to boiling if they suck the rest of the year. Let's see if the Eagles do the yearly "miraculous finish to make the playoffs" thing again. Not this 

I just get the feeling that Howie is Lurie's "football" guy in the building that Lurie can go to and I don't see him firing him.  Maybe he would put him in a different role, but I would be they are too close and it would take a lot for Lurie to can him.

I wanted Reagor over Jefferson because of fit only. I thought Jefferson had a higher floor but a lower ceiling than Reagor. Jefferson seemed more of a luxury pick because he’s more of a slot guy. The Eagles really needed an outside WR. 

Getting Fulgham negated the Justin Jefferson affect in my opinion. Reagor will come good, just not this season, he should be good next season with a full proper training camp, offseason etc.

Jefferson with another big time (long) TD.

Meanwhile the love child of DeFawn & Maclin will join the list of Smurf WR’s that flame out.

On 11/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Traveler Vic said:

You are looking in a rear view mirror and i am trying to look ahead.  Howie has dug this team into the hall that we will be stuck in for a few years at least. This is not what great managers do.

Can you imagine how bad this team will be next year when they have to shed 50 million in cap space? 

10 minutes ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

Can you imagine how bad this team will be next year when they have to shed 50 million in cap space? 

Some of the moves are easy though. Guys like DJax, Jeffery, Malik Jackson and Peters are no brainer moves.  They can even move Ertz who has contributed nothing this year.  I think they could even consider trading Cox at this point.  I think they should draft a guard high in the draft. Maybe you trade Brooks who has had two major injuries.

13 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Some of the moves are easy though. Guys like DJax, Jeffery, Malik Jackson and Peters are no brainer moves.  They can even move Ertz who has contributed nothing this year.  I think they could even consider trading Cox at this point.  I think they should draft a guard high in the draft. Maybe you trade Brooks who has had two major injuries.

Brooks just signed a mega deal too

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Brooks just signed a mega deal too

It's funny because if you go back 10 years, the Eagles hardly wanted to keep older players around once they hit 30.. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

It's funny because if you go back 10 years, the Eagles hardly wanted to keep older players around once they hit 30.. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Well at the time they signed brooks before 30. I did say though as soon as the injuries and the mental problems show up everyone will be beetching. Mostly everyone was pumped about it on here

Archived